Comparison Mahindra vs Kioti

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #1  

Catch95

Silver Member
Tractor
Jinma 204
Hi I posted this in the Kioti forum but haven't received any replies so thought I'd try the Mahindra group...

Hi - looking for some opinions. I have had a Chinese Jinma 28 hp for 10 years which has been great in terms of learning how to fix tractors! It has done most things - slashing, post hole digger, grading etc but no loader. But finally have the money saved for a new tractor. I live in Australia. Property is 130 acres. Just a hobby farm / retirement place. 60 acres of paddocks and the rest forest/bush. Some flat areas but the rest quite hilly. I run cattle, so the tractor is mainly used for pasture management, fencing, driveway maintenance etc.

Budget is less than AUD$30,000 incl the loader. Needs to be 4WD, ideally around 40hp. I'm happy with a manual.

I don't want to go Chinese again, so have eliminated all those. The compact New Holland/Case tractors don't work as I'm too tall (6' 3"). John Deere, kubota, TYM are too $$ for that HP. So I've narrowed it down to the Kioti CK4210 and the Mahindra 4025. But they are very different tractors - the Mahindra is a full size and the Kioti a compact. The finish is far better on the Kioti, without being full of electronics that I'm sure will ultimately be a pain. Price is within $1,000 of each other and good, long standing dealers for both close by.

The Kioti is half the weight, but the Mahindra can lift a lot more - but I want the loader mainly for moving round bales of hay/silage, so the Kioti can handle those. Love the feel of the Mahindra's size, but the Kioti is small enough that my wife could use it in the house paddock without tearing up the grass.

So completely unsure.

Wondering if anyone else has pondered these two choices?

Thanks

Mark

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #2  
why are you comparing two different class of tractors?

/ Mahindra vs Kioti
I realise the tractors are quite different in size - compact vs full size. Same horsepower tho. Just trying to work out which will be best for me. When you say "class" of tractor is that what you mean?

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #4  
Last year, I was considering a Mahindra or a Kioti...really had a hard time deciding. My brother has a kioti so I was very familiar with the brand, it's toughness and it's reliability.

I went back and forth several times, going to get one, then the other and back again. In my case it went to Mahindra for a few reasons.

The 2 tractors I compared were about the same HP but kioti was a couple feet longer, and the ROPS was too high to go thru my barn door. The Kioti FEL and BH looked like they were aftermarket addons, but weren't, they just looked that way. The Mahindra fit the barn better, was heavier, lifted more, and fit me better at 6'3". I also knew and liked the dealer from years of doing business with him.

The most important things that finally swayed me were the lift capacity and the dealer.

I learned a tremendous amount of good stuff on this forum and one particular fact was:

Either of them is a fine machine, you can't go wrong with either.

As you can see, it's pretty much, whichever you like the best.

Pick the one that fits your needs and personal likes. You won't be disappointed.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #5  
What is the price. If it is similar I would pick the bigger one. Seems like a no brainier.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #6  
Sounds like the Kioti to me. 40 HP is just that, regardless of the tractor size. The Kioti would be useable with your wife's skills, and the price is only $1000 difference, right?
Also, since you like both dealers, what do they say would best suit your needs? Yes, they will want you to buy their brand- but explore their logic regarding their brand. They may have reasonable criteria for you to buy from them.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #7  
Being very "old school", you can't beat cubic inches....ie., 40hp is not necessarilly 40hp...torque is the name of the game in tractors...yeah, they are each rated at 40 horse power, but how is it made...by cubic inches, or by rpm...personally, I'd rather have a larger engine (normally aspirated) that makes that HP at a lower rpm, than a turbo'd engine that makes the same HP at a much higher rpm...but, that's just me... BobG in VA
PS: I haven't looked at the two machines you're looking at, and don't know if the above enters the picture, but if it does, well, you know the rest...
'

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #8  
Do you have an accessible Iseki dealer? In my experience, they are incredible tractors. I've put almost 1000 hrs between two Iseki tractors in the last two years and they've been incredible, problem free. (Massey 1648 & 1652). Iseki doesn't sell in USA, and they actually build the majority of Massey tractors under 100hp.

I believe this would be the Iseki TSG series.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #9  
It sounds like you are comparing apples to oranges. The Mahindra is substantially more tractor in this lineup. Why can't your wife operate the bigger tractor? Unless you need the lighter weight Kioti for something the bigger tractor can't do I'd get the bigger one. You will never drive up to a log and say I sure wish I got that smaller tractor so I could cut this in half first. You will never be using a ground engaging implement and say I sure wish I got the smaller tractor so this will take twice as long. You will never get a scoop of dirt and say I wish I got the smaller tractor so I would have to make two trips.

/ Mahindra vs Kioti #10  
Being very "old school", you can't beat cubic inches....ie., 40hp is not necessarilly 40hp...torque is the name of the game in tractors...yeah, they are each rated at 40 horse power, but how is it made...by cubic inches, or by rpm...personally, I'd rather have a larger engine (normally aspirated) that makes that HP at a lower rpm, than a turbo'd engine that makes the same HP at a much higher rpm...but, that's just me... BobG in VA
PS: I haven't looked at the two machines you're looking at, and don't know if the above enters the picture, but if it does, well, you know the rest...
'

Turbos & torque Statement not always true, especially today.
Size turbo smallish for low end grunt it will have more torque than big NA motor for same max power.

You will never get a scoop of dirt and say I wish I got the smaller tractor so I would have to make two trips.

Well if you have to use a shovel and wheel barrel to move your pile as the big tractor does not fit, you would be wishing for a smaller tractor.

But in general bigger and better begin with a "B"