Buying my first tractor

/ Buying my first tractor #1  

hurley081182

Tractor
Mahindra 2538 Cab
I am pretty close to buying my first tractor. Just working out a few details and checking a few things before pulling the trigger. I am looking at a 2538 HST. The main purpose of my tractor will be for mowing with it(about 5+ acres, using it to remove snow in the winter, clearing brush, and for our garden. I'm sure in the future it will grow to more. My problem is I want the cab version but my wife does not like the extra price :laughing: . Any help convincing her would be great haha. The 2538 without the cab can take up to 1-2 months to get in. The Cab version I can get now, which is what I test drove. I really enjoy how quiet the tractor while driving and how everything is laid out. The cab will not fit in my garage though. About a ft short.

I if this is a good price. I am looking at $26.5k for without the cab and $32k with the cab after tax. That includes 5ft finish mower, 6ft tiller, and loader.

I also read some good reviews from the dealer, which is good. One from on here on the forums.

/ Buying my first tractor #2  
If you are allergic to stinging insects, a cab can literally save your life as many on here have had personal experience. Of course a cab stops Ultraviolet rays, so less chance of skin cancer. If you are prone to allergic reaction to pollen and other filth due to mowing, it can prevent lung problems.

So there, three VERY good medical reasons to get that cab. Not to mention just your air conditioned comfort in the summer and your heated comfort in the winter pushing snow.... :)

/ Buying my first tractor #4  
A red tractor:) Mahindra

2538 HST | Mahindra

Well that's weird, I don't see jeff9366's post. Just what you quoted.

I say get a BH atachment instead of cab. I use my BH a lot more than I ever anticipated.

/ Buying my first tractor #5  
Well that's weird, I don't see jeff9366's post. Just what you quoted.

I say get a BH atachment instead of cab. I use my BH a lot more than I ever anticipated.

I am guessing he deleted it after I quoted him

/ Buying my first tractor #6  
MSRP for 2538 is $25,480.00 4wd HST. Cab is $32,910.00. :)

/ Buying my first tractor #7  
I am pretty close to buying my first tractor. Just working out a few details and checking a few things before pulling the trigger. I am looking at a 2538 HST. The main purpose of my tractor will be for mowing with it(about 5+ acres, using it to remove snow in the winter, clearing brush, and for our garden. I'm sure in the future it will grow to more. My problem is I want the cab version but my wife does not like the extra price :laughing: . Any help convincing her would be great haha. The 2538 without the cab can take up to 1-2 months to get in. The Cab version I can get now, which is what I test drove. I really enjoy how quiet the tractor while driving and how everything is laid out. The cab will not fit in my garage though. About a ft short.

I if this is a good price. I am looking at $26.5k for without the cab and $32k with the cab after tax. That includes 5ft finish mower, 6ft tiller, and loader.

I also read some good reviews from the dealer, which is good. One from on here on the forums.

If you're gonna remove snow with a snow blower, I'd say a cab is a must have. Otherwise it will be like sitting in a blizzard and you'll freeze yer buns off. Tell the wife, no cab and she does the snow clearing but with a cab you'll do it. I'll bet that ends the argument right there, on the spot.

/ Buying my first tractor
If you're gonna remove snow with a snow blower, I'd say a cab is a must have. Otherwise it will be like sitting in a blizzard and you'll freeze yer buns off. Tell the wife, no cab and she does the snow clearing but with a cab you'll do it. I'll bet that ends the argument right there, on the spot.
I also forgot to mention a few things. When I bought my house a few months ago, the seller left me 3 implements. A 6ft brush hog, a 6ft snow blower, and a brush hog. Thats the main reason why I am even buying a tractor. He only wanted his box blade and tractor(he is moving to GA where he will not need the items). Everything was well maintained/keep, even used the brush hog with my uncles tractor. Cuts pretty much anything i throw at it.

Our driveway is at least 1/4 mile long on top of a hill that is very windy. Two years ago when we got all that snow, I saw the seller using two skid-steers just to keep up with the driveway.

Hope I can convince her tonight :laughing: . If not I guess I will buy something used with a cab. Probably wont be Mahindra though.

Last edited:
   / Buying my first tractor #9  
I also forgot to mention a few things. When I bought my house a few months ago, the seller left me 3 implements. A 6ft brush hog, a 6ft snow blower, and a brush hog. Thats the main reason why I am even buying a tractor. He only wanted his box blade and tractor(he is moving to GA where he will not need the items). Everything was well maintained/keep, even used the brush hog with my uncles tractor. Cuts pretty much anything i throw at it.

Our driveway is at least 1/4 mile long on top of a hill that is very windy. Two years ago when we got all that snow, I saw the seller using two skid-steers just to keep up with the driveway.

Hope I can convince her tonight :laughing: . If not I guess I will buy something used with a cab. Probably wont be Mahindra though.

What kind of blower is it. Front or rear mount? Hydraulic or PTO drive? For example if it's a front mount PTO drive you need the mid PTO to use the blower. If it's a hydraulic drive you'll need some extra hydraulics. If it's a rear mount PTO driven unit you're probably OK as the tractor sits now.

/ Buying my first tractor #10  
You are out in the boonies up there. :tree: Your are close to one of my favorite places in pa. I do a lot of fishing in Wellsboro. Who is your dealer there ? :scratchchin: