Beware of pushy salesmen.

/ Beware of pushy salesmen. #1  

Jabonee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra
I just learned that Mahindra has increased the salesman's commissions as of April on certain models. They are the 3500,5500,series and the M Power/Force. Don't let the salesmen push you into something you did not want. :alert:

/ Beware of pushy salesmen. #2  
I just learned that Mahindra has increased the salesman's commissions as of April on certain models. They are the 3500,5500,series and the M Power/Force. Don't let the salesmen push you into something you did not want. :alert:

Pushy salesmen always have the effect of pushing me right out of the place without buying squat.

/ Beware of pushy salesmen. #3  
Did you remember to mention this to the salesmen at your dealership? I'm sure they need to know.

/ Beware of pushy salesmen. #4  
i hate the ones that just don't give a ****!!! one mahindra was like that and also the kubota manager and owner could care less. they also gave me all different prices on different occasions too.

/ Beware of pushy salesmen.
Did you remember to mention this to the salesmen at your dealership? I'm sure they need to know.
If you are asking me,the answer is yes. He already knew. :)

i hate the ones that just don't give a ****!!! one mahindra was like that and also the kubota manager and owner could care less. they also gave me all different prices on different occasions too.
I would suggest if you are having issues with your dealer let Mahindra know your displeasure. The are all about sell,sell,sell. If they have a dealer that is hindering that they will address them. As for the price differences, I can see it somewhat because of the different promotions Mahindra offers at different times. :thumbsup:

/ Beware of pushy salesmen. #7  

Thanks Jabonee for the info!

They way I read your note was: "Mahindra has increased the salesman's commissions as of April on certain models. They are the 3500,5500,series and the M Power/Force. Make sure your salesmen gives you the deal you want on these models or start walking out the door. He will chase you down and try his best to meet your needs..." ;)

I love it when salesmen have bigger internal incentives to get me to buy something WHEN I know what I want to buy... (useful to know if the dealers are all of a sudden are pushing 2500 series customers on up the line to bigger machines.)

Perhaps manufacturers would be better off making more "direct to buyer" incentives available? Still a tool for the dealer and would likely incentivize people to consider the bigger tractors, but with their eyes wide open.

Thanks Jabonee for the info!

They way I read your note was: "Mahindra has increased the salesman's commissions as of April on certain models. They are the 3500,5500,series and the M Power/Force. Make sure your salesmen gives you the deal you want on these models or start walking out the door. He will chase you down and try his best to meet your needs..." ;)

I love it when salesmen have bigger internal incentives to get me to buy something WHEN I know what I want to buy... (useful to know if the dealers are all of a sudden are pushing 2500 series customers on up the line to bigger machines.)

Perhaps manufacturers would be better off making more "direct to buyer" incentives available? Still a tool for the dealer and would likely incentivize people to consider the bigger tractors, but with their eyes wide open.

Thats a good way to think about it. I didn't consider customers looking for one of those models. I was thinking of a customer looking at Emax's and the salesmen trying to sell him a MPower.

/ Beware of pushy salesmen. #9  
I realize there are sorry people in any business or profession but as a professional sales person this somewhat offends me and the honest sales people out there. Now my product is not like tractors where I have any control or ability to affect the price but one brand may pay more to me than another but honestly I never look at that and could not tell you normally what a commission level is on a certain product unless it is ZERO, yes we have those now thanks to *****. If you are dealing with a true professional a higher level on a certain model often means they are passing on lower price to you on that model. As to varying prices on such as tractors it is easy to understand as mentioned promotions by company but also if you ask 10 people on same model they may very well give you 10 different prices: right off what all you are talking about wanting to buy, how you will be paying, how much they need to move that machine or how much demand they have for that machine, your attitude (yes sir being rude is greeted with less favorable treatment), the kind of questions you are asking (if they realize you are going to require a lot of hand holding or training they may be loading the price to allow for that) they also could be one including such as delivery or setup another is not. Even within the same dealership. Let me tell you about the carpet tech on different prices for installation...

/ Beware of pushy salesmen. #10  
The customer cash back incentives are high on these models also. This is the way manufactures can adjust inventory that is either at the DC, or already in dealer's hands. They look out nationally and see a model that is stacking up or under performing, or perhaps a model for which they simply over-ordered. They can give bigger customer incentives and that works. They can give bigger salesman incentives and that also works as it will get the attention of the sales people. If they do both, it can be very effective. Paying the salesman more to sell to the customer for less is a winner. If you are looking for that model, it's a win-win.

This entire incentive, rebate, discount, etc., type deal is something I sort of dislike, but I do understand its usefulness. It is an effective tool to keep a good balance in regards to inventory.

If a dealer is not watching his programs, he will quickly find himself unintentionally overpriced and wonder why other dealers appear to be selling for under cost. They aren't, they are just on top of the programs. It's a job to keep up.

And Jabonee, that is a clever way to announce discounts.....sly dog you....