Price Check Price Check on new 1526

/ Price Check on new 1526 #1  

daydk1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4530
I've gone and looked at a new 1526 with FEL. Dealer priced it out with 6 foot finishing mower, filled up with fuel, and delivered for $19,500. Is that a good price? I thought the Mahindras would be somewhat lower in price from a John Deere, but they're pretty close. John Deere had a special on a 3038E hydrostat with FEL for $17,500. That's a larger tractor for less dollars.

Thanks,
Darrell

/ Price Check on new 1526 #2  
I got my 1526 hst with a 5' brush hog, post auger and fel for under 18k. Don't know how much the finish mower is though for comparison.

/ Price Check on new 1526 #3  
Is that with or without tax? Seems a little bit high if not with tax, unless you live a long ways away. I think you could get a 2538 HST with an implement or two in TX for that price, pre tax. Here is the comparison between the JD 3038 and the Mahindra 2538 HST.

The 1526 is a really nice, slightly smaller tractor. If you can get the price down a bit you'd enjoy it. Perhaps the demand there in TN is just really high for the 1526 right now and hence the higher asking price. I think this 2538 is destroying the JD 3038E series and also the Kubota L3900 series due to its really strong value to price ratio, so they are having to start bringing prices on those models in line, (lower), to compete with this very capable machine. Good luck with your search - and don't be shy to call around a little bit to get a second opinion on what a 1526 really costs within a few hundred miles. Shipping may not that bad if you find the perfect machine and assuming your local dealer doesn't shun you for not buying from him. Maybe he'll just buck up and bring the price down in line with what you need.

/ Price Check on new 1526 #4  
A little less than 2 years ago, I bought a 3016hst (same as the 1526) with fel and bh for $24000. Several dealers on this forum said I got a VERY good price.

For comparative purposes, if you dropped the finishing mower and added a BH, you'd be real close to what I paid.

I think you're right in the ball park.

/ Price Check on new 1526 #5  
John Deere had a special on a 3038E hydrostat with FEL for $17,500. That's a larger tractor for less dollars.

Thanks,
Darrell

I do not think it is a larger tractor. It has more hp but that's about it. It certainly will not put more power to the ground. The 1526 weighs about 400 lbs more. It also has better lift capacity and not by a little bit and cast iron housings and steel body parts instead of aluminum and plastic. For how the 30 E series JDs are made these days and what they are, even if they have a lower price, I think their pricing is an abomination.

/ Price Check on new 1526 #6  
I do not think it is a larger tractor. It has more hp but that's about it. It certainly will not put more power to the ground. The 1526 weighs about 400 lbs more. It also has better lift capacity and not by a little bit and cast iron housings and steel body parts instead of aluminum and plastic. For how the 30 E series JDs are made these days and what they are, even if they have a lower price, I think their pricing is an abomination.

Agreed, the 1526 3pt lift capacity is twice the Deere 3038E. Mahindra builds excellent tractors. They hold there own to any of the others. When I was looking I originally was looking at the Deeres, but kept wondering why all the plastic and aluminum, and some of it in crucial places. I'm not bashing Deeres because I like them and still do. Just glad I gave Mahindra a chance, and haven't looked back. These are good days to own and shop for tractors, lots of great options out there.

/ Price Check on new 1526
Thanks everybody. I think the price might have been a little high because the only 1526 he had on the lot was one that was in for a 50 hour service. His sister shop 70 miles away had two on the lot. He said they're selling like hotcakes. This is my second Mahindra. I've always been a John Deere man, but I really like the Mahindras. I picked up a 4530 with FEL, bush hog and box blade back in December for work on the farm. This little jewel will be for work around the house. Also got a landscape rake to with it. It's supposed to be delivered today.

/ Price Check on new 1526 #8  
Good for you, I really like Mahindra too, stout machines.

/ Price Check on new 1526 #9  
Agreed, the 1526 3pt lift capacity is twice the Deere 3038E. Mahindra builds excellent tractors. They hold there own to any of the others. When I was looking I originally was looking at the Deeres, but kept wondering why all the plastic and aluminum, and some of it in crucial places. I'm not bashing Deeres because I like them and still do. Just glad I gave Mahindra a chance, and haven't looked back. These are good days to own and shop for tractors, lots of great options out there.

Nail to the head