Price Check Looking to Buy Mahindra 2555 open cab HST

/ Looking to Buy Mahindra 2555 open cab HST #1  

Omatters

Tractor
none
Hello everyone. I am super new to the tractor world. I have a small 10.5 acre piece of land that i just got. I am going to need a tractor and i have looked at the 2555 and really like the look and feel. The biggest reason I need such a large tractor is because i plan to be moving pallets ranging from 1500-2000 lbs, and possibly stacking 1500lbs pallets pretty high. So i need the power. everything else is just mowing and gravel work ect.

So my question is, whats a fair price for one of these? I have been quoted a low of 27400 and a high of 27955. my question is how similar to buying a car is buying a tractor? when i buy a car i try and negotiate the heck out of the deal and usually am happy with 5%+ off list price (sometimes a lot more). But i dont know how it works with tractors. Does that price seem to be a pretty decent price?

So in a nut shell. what would you pay for a 2555 HST open cab?

/ Looking to Buy Mahindra 2555 open cab HST #2  
I think you are in the ballpark. I am interested in the gear open station version. I was quoted $26500 for the HST. I too am looking at loader capacity. The property I'm buying is only 16.5 acres so I'm in a similar boat. I would be careful about looking at the absolute minimum price. You need to buy the dealer not the tractor. If you have more than one Mahindra dealer close, that is fantastic. For me, I only have one. The next one is 1.5 hours away. I know not everyone agrees but distance is an issue. If you have the capability to transport the tractor to the dealer you are in good shape. I don't. I have to consider transport cost for any kind of service.

/ Looking to Buy Mahindra 2555 open cab HST
I think you are in the ballpark. I am interested in the gear open station version. I was quoted $26500 for the HST. I too am looking at loader capacity. The property I'm buying is only 16.5 acres so I'm in a similar boat. I would be careful about looking at the absolute minimum price. You need to buy the dealer not the tractor. If you have more than one Mahindra dealer close, that is fantastic. For me, I only have one. The next one is 1.5 hours away. I know not everyone agrees but distance is an issue. If you have the capability to transport the tractor to the dealer you are in good shape. I don't. I have to consider transport cost for any kind of service.

Sounds like we're very similar! $26500 is good to know, tells me there is at least 1K in flexibility. Basically with tax (8.8% where the dealer is located) and implements (6' brush cutter, 6' box and pallet forks), i am trying to stay under 32K. With everything i have been quoted i am around 32800. So i dont have to work on them to hard.
Any other input would be greatly appriciated!!

/ Looking to Buy Mahindra 2555 open cab HST #4  
A lot of the difference ' could be ' whether you finance/pay cash/etc and if your dealer included delivery charges per mile/dealer prep/etc. or other misc charges that particular dealer adds to the price he gets from Mahindra. I just ordered a 2555 HST Cab a couple weeks ago and the dealer gave me the three prices depending on how I planed to pay. I took the cash version because it was the less of the bunch. His prices included everything, he did not quote anything separate. That's the way I like pricing things, the out the door price. Don't quote me a price, then add for floor mats, extra key, undercoating, toilet paper for the dealership bathroom, etc...... :)

/ Looking to Buy Mahindra 2555 open cab HST #5  
Good point JerryK. I should have mentioned my quote was for cash. I've also kept the discussion to just the tractor and loader. There will be several implements and perhaps some extras but I'm focusing on the core price. I'll bring up the other stuff during final negociations.

Omatters: I would carefully review the implements you want. Mahindra might not have the best fit and or price for what you want. Your dealer may carry other lines so ask about those to. For example you might not like the Mahindra post hole digger or their box blade might be too expensive compared to others you have seen. Just something to consider. I intend to get a bunch of implements. I'm trying to cap myself at about $35K for now. Other stuff will have to wait.

/ Looking to Buy Mahindra 2555 open cab HST #6  
They give you about $300 off for your first implement purchased with the tractor, and more if you buy two or more... at least they did... I think a lot of these sales are really perpetual type things... New tractor shopping, LIFE IS GOOD....!!!!! :)

/ Looking to Buy Mahindra 2555 open cab HST #7  
Hello everyone. I am super new to the tractor world. I have a small 10.5 acre piece of land that i just got. I am going to need a tractor and i have looked at the 2555 and really like the look and feel. The biggest reason I need such a large tractor is because i plan to be moving pallets ranging from 1500-2000 lbs, and possibly stacking 1500lbs pallets pretty high. So i need the power. everything else is just mowing and gravel work ect.

So my question is, whats a fair price for one of these? I have been quoted a low of 27400 and a high of 27955. my question is how similar to buying a car is buying a tractor? when i buy a car i try and negotiate the heck out of the deal and usually am happy with 5%+ off list price (sometimes a lot more). But i dont know how it works with tractors. Does that price seem to be a pretty decent price?

So in a nut shell. what would you pay for a 2555 HST open cab?

I think you need to shop for a good dealer a little more with a tractor. Cars you can get serviced and fixed almost anywhere, tractors not so much. I shopped for the dealer as much as I did for the tractor. I found a good dealer first then looked at what they sold. Although I had pretty much gotten fixed on Mahindra but going in I was inclined to go with Kubota except the nearby dealers didn't impress me much. The dealer I bought from, Beeler Tractor, sold both Mahindra and New Holland so I went the red route because they are more solidly built and heavier along with the DPF thing and I think the warranty was a bit better too.

/ Looking to Buy Mahindra 2555 open cab HST #8  
I bought a 2555 Shuttle, financed with no payments til January with a 3.99% interest rate since I plan on paying it off fast. That way I got the cash pricing while still financing part of it. My total price was 29000 for the 2555 Shuttle, loader, canopy, pallet forks, hay spear, 6' cutter, and 6' box blade. I also was tax exempt since I have a farm ID. Hope that helps.

/ Looking to Buy Mahindra 2555 open cab HST #9  
And, FWIW, the loader is very strong on my tractor. I lifted a squeeze chute that weighed >1000 lbs and it lifted it no problem with no ballast on the back, although I do have loaded tires. My friend's Kubota MX4800's rear tires started to come off the ground, and he had a bush hog on the back too. It's a very strong tractor.

/ Looking to Buy Mahindra 2555 open cab HST #10  
And, FWIW, the loader is very strong on my tractor. I lifted a squeeze chute that weighed >1000 lbs and it lifted it no problem with no ballast on the back, although I do have loaded tires. My friend's Kubota MX4800's rear tires started to come off the ground, and he had a bush hog on the back too. It's a very strong tractor.

Enjoy your new tractor...!!!! [ although it is just a myth until you post pictures... so we can drool over it, too. :) ]