End up with a Mahindra!

/ End up with a Mahindra! #12  
Hi all, I posted a wile ago in the LS forum thinking I was going that way and I would of, it all came down to price. I am new to the compact tractor world and have nothing to go just what i read and the questions I ask. Any way i put a deposit on a Max 28XL Hydro with a 120 hrs. bucket and backhoe. The only thing I'm a little concerned about, and I don't know why, there is no mid pto? Other then a snow blower of belly mower is it handy to have? I hope to get down to pick it up this week sometime. Thanks in advance for answering my questions...

I suppose if you ever really need a mid PTO you could add it. From what I see in my service manual, it looks like you just pull a plate off the bottom and it bolts up to engage the tranny, then you'd add the control lever etc.. It may be more but not from what I can see. Maybe if you can't do it on your own a dealer could add it. It doesn't look like you need to split the tractor to add it but I'm new too so I could be wrong on that score. As far as just a snow blower you always could with a rear mounted unit as many do. While many prefer the rear mowers too.

/ End up with a Mahindra!
Thanks Dick, I guess i have to get home before i worry about that. But at least it can be added.. thats nice to know. Thanks

/ End up with a Mahindra! #14  
Thanks Dick, I guess i have to get home before i worry about that. But at least it can be added.. thats nice to know. Thanks

Don't take my word on it. That's just what it looks like that from what I see in the service manual for my 1538.

/ End up with a Mahindra! #15  
I added the mid PTO to my Max when I got the front mount snowblower. It looked fairly easy to install according to the manual. What the manual doesn't show is what to do if you have the backhoe installed. Two large brackets have to be removed. which involved rear tire and fender removal if I remember correctly. Took some time but it was doable.

/ End up with a Mahindra!
Thanks Gmorin, I see you have the same machine. Whats your overall take on it?

/ End up with a Mahindra! #18  
Sounds like a good deal to me. My eMax 22 does have the mid PTO but I doubt I'll ever use it. Only use a PTO for a 3pt finish mower, for pasture grooming.