1st, 2nd & 3rd Spool Kits for 2538HST? Pictures? Should I DIY them?

/ 1st, 2nd & 3rd Spool Kits for 2538HST? Pictures? Should I DIY them? #1  

chinton

Tractor
Kubota L3901DT
Are there any pictures floating around of the spool kit options for the 2538? Do they just daisy chain off the loader power beyond? My googlefu isn't finding much.

I'm trying to justify the prices they show on the site for the options. The best I figure they must do some really sexy mountings for the additional levers. I'm currently planning on the first two but the third at $1255 feels obscene.

/ 1st, 2nd & 3rd Spool Kits for 2538HST? Pictures? Should I DIY them? #2  
Prices for factory remote hydraulics is generally priced rather silly. And yes, they just get added in line and return to the tank.

/ 1st, 2nd & 3rd Spool Kits for 2538HST? Pictures? Should I DIY them? #3  
Are there any pictures floating around of the spool kit options for the 2538? Do they just daisy chain off the loader power beyond? My googlefu isn't finding much.

I'm trying to justify the prices they show on the site for the options. The best I figure they must do some really sexy mountings for the additional levers. I'm currently planning on the first two but the third at $1255 feels obscene.

You are looking at the 3rd function for the $1255
. The tractor only has 2 spools available for the rear.

Auxiliary Exterior Float Valve Add $390

Block Heater Assembly 2538 Add $120

Cruise Control Kit Add $175

First Spool Kit 2538 Add $685

Mechanical Thumb Kit 2538 Add $430

RH Foot Step Kit Add $40

Second Spool Kit 2538 Add $840

Third Function Kit 2538 Add $1,255

Trailer Socket Kit

/ 1st, 2nd & 3rd Spool Kits for 2538HST? Pictures? Should I DIY them?
Ok, I managed to misread that. I'd already planned on either the WR Long or DIY 3rd function. Any pictures of the installed remote controls? Not so interested in the couplers, but where the control handles are integrated. I don't see a lot of room there for them.

/ 1st, 2nd & 3rd Spool Kits for 2538HST? Pictures? Should I DIY them? #5  
Ok, I managed to misread that. I'd already planned on either the WR Long or DIY 3rd function. Any pictures of the installed remote controls? Not so interested in the couplers, but where the control handles are integrated. I don't see a lot of room there for them.

I had them add just one rear remote with float to the new tractor and there is an existing place for that. At least there was on my 1538.
The 3rd function is typically controlled with a switch that you put on or near the knob for the FEL.
When I asked about the front 3rd, my dealer said that the Mahindra price was exorbitant for what it is so suggested I add it if needed down the road with a kit. He said if anything they could add a kit for cheaper than what Mahindra asks for it.

/ 1st, 2nd & 3rd Spool Kits for 2538HST? Pictures? Should I DIY them? #6  
Enjoy your new machine Chinton!

A WR long third function fits like a glove on the 2538 and works great for me and at least a few others.

In this thread linked, Roughshod shows off his two rear remotes in post #45. Maybe hit him up in a private message? http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-buying-pricing/348064-info-mahindra-2538-a.html

Here's a pic of my WR long third function that I picked up from EA. (Their kit has perfectly matched hoses and couplers for use with a grapple.) I recommend the EA grapples as well if you need one. Roughsod's install in the thread above shows an even cleaner rocker switch cable routing and sheathing. He said it was a nice straightforward install. The guys at J5 Tractors installed mine while a cruise control was going in, and were able to keep a portion of the old handle and make it a touch longer which is nice for me.

Third Function Kit - 3rd function auxilliary hydraulic kits for all brands of tractors and loaders! purchase online, free shipping within 1,000 miles!!

Grapples - Grapple Buckets For Tractors A 60" single lids works great for me in the woods and brush

3rd function.jpg

Clearing deadfall 1 resize.jpg

/ 1st, 2nd & 3rd Spool Kits for 2538HST? Pictures? Should I DIY them?
Well my purchase of the 2538 hit a snag and I went back to the Kubota dealer and purchased there.

/ 1st, 2nd & 3rd Spool Kits for 2538HST? Pictures? Should I DIY them? #8  
Congrats! (Still.... kinda...) :p

Good luck and enjoy your new Orange tractor!