Got my new 2538 today

/ Got my new 2538 today #1  

screamin400

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 Mahindra 2538, 2016 Mahindra 2655, 2017 CaseIH 75C, 2021 CaseIH 110c., 2020 Kubota svl 65-2, 2022 Kubota svl 75-2
New 2538hst got delivered today with fel and some other stuff. Nice tractor so far. Quite a step up from my Yanmar sc2400. Put about 4 hours on today and really liked the tractor.

/ Got my new 2538 today #2  
Cool..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Don't forget to stop and take a breath. Then post pictures.......... :)

/ Got my new 2538 today #4  
Congratulations. We like pictures if you can post some.

/ Got my new 2538 today
Have to take a look at putting up pics later. Probably beyond my capabilities. :) Tractor is working out very well. Can push down some good size trees. Box blade comes in more handy than I thought. May build a second story in my pole barn to store my implements. I can put them up there with the loader forks. Very nice setup so far.

/ Got my new 2538 today #6  
New 2538hst got delivered today with fel and some other stuff. Nice tractor so far. Quite a step up from my Yanmar sc2400. Put about 4 hours on today and really liked the tractor.

Congrats, enjoy your shiny red new tractor.

/ Got my new 2538 today #7  
I've been eyeing a 2538 for a while now. I took one for a quick spin at a dealer last week and I have a few questions for you.

Is it hard to get the range selector in gear? (the one I drove was near impossible)

If you use the FEL to list the front wheels off the ground, does the hydraulics leak down?

Do you know if the 2538 has a OBDII port on the engine harness?

/ Got my new 2538 today #8  

Congrats - You're going to love it! Ours has been very versatile, especially with a grapple. Such a good size for precision work, but with plenty of heft to get things done.

I've been eyeing a 2538 for a while now. I took one for a quick spin at a dealer last week and I have a few questions for you.

Is it hard to get the range selector in gear? (the one I drove was near impossible) - It gets easier as it works in over time. If you find it tough, just quickly rock the forward/reverse pedals and it should align that way. Certainly not quiet as smooth as the range selector on a car or truck, but I don't mind it at all.

If you use the FEL to list the front wheels off the ground, does the hydraulics leak down? Mine doesn't leak down, but I have not left it in that position for long. Just back blading or pushing back out of a mud bog. There is no leakage with weight on the loader and being lifted up...

Do you know if the 2538 has a OBDII port on the engine harness? I think they all do now. Have not used mine yet, but I believe it is the universal OBD II harness. Please confirm that one.

Responses above in bold italics. Also check out this thread here for a lot of good info and discussion on the machine: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-buying-pricing/348064-info-mahindra-2538-a.html

/ Got my new 2538 today

Is it hard to get the range selector in gear? (the one I drove was near impossible) It is very tight. Rock it a little and it works fine. It is a non issue for me as I usually am only in low range. When I do shift it just seems tight.

If you use the FEL to list the front wheels off the ground, does the hydraulics leak down? None that I have noticed.

Do you know if the 2538 has a OBDII port on the engine harness?
I do not know.

/ Got my new 2538 today
IMG_5684.JPG