joy and sorrow

/ joy and sorrow
You would think that would make sense. Fixes get more costly the further from the factory floor you go. So I guess my dealer ended up paying for it by having to pickup and drop off the tractor to do the flash.

I moved a bunch of berries I have planted in half barrels using the loader. I need to get a trailer. Then started box blading a section of the driveway to the barn. Lots of on and off with idling. Everything still working well. I must say the idle is very distinctly different than it was originally. Hopefully they've got this problem licked.

/ joy and sorrow #12  
You would think that would make sense. Fixes get more costly the further from the factory floor you go. So I guess my dealer ended up paying for it by having to pickup and drop off the tractor to do the flash.

I moved a bunch of berries I have planted in half barrels using the loader. I need to get a trailer. Then started box blading a section of the driveway to the barn. Lots of on and off with idling. Everything still working well. I must say the idle is very distinctly different than it was originally. Hopefully they've got this problem licked.

Reflashing an ECU is easy peasey, simple Simon stuff and they do it with cars and trucks all the time. Most of you have probably seen those tuners where they reflash ECUs for more performance. You'd think Mahindra would do it in the field too as it only takes a couple of minutes. Maybe take the code out on a thumb drive or something. You could send the new code out by email. Plug into the OBDII port and do the reflash in minutes right there on the spot. However they seem to want to make it as complicated as possible by doing it from the dealerships over the Internet. That's a recipe for disaster if I ever heard one. I've seen others attempt firmware upgrades over the Internet and it typically runs into all sorts of unnecessary complications and problems. Why make something so easy hard to do? Especially when it seems that they are sending out so many with bad programming. Apparently someone simply isn't doing their job.

/ joy and sorrow
My deal mentioned that the last update was limited to a range of serial numbers. He had to get online with Mahindra and do it while they looked over his shoulder. Once complete they deleted it from his computer. Pretty weird. The update he just put on wasn't like that. He put it on his computer and was able to update everything on his lot.