joy and sorrow

/ joy and sorrow #1  

jmh1783

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2555 HST
I finally got my new 2555 HST on Friday. I'll try to attach some pictures. Overall I'm very pleased. The tractor is a beast! I took it out on Saturday and did a few acres of mowing with the my new EA 7' finish mower. I couldn't be happier with the mower. The previous property owner hadn't been mowing and the weeds/grass were up to my knees. I had it set at max height which is about 4.5 inches. Worked great. No problem chewing through the deep stuff. I did go slow since the terrain is unfamiliar to me. The land is mostly flat (by PA standards) but there were a few holes that could have flipped the tractor if I had been moving too quickly. I'll be fixing those come fall. I will be mowing more frequently from now on so I won't be subjecting the mower to the tall stuff again.

Now the bad part. I seem to have the same problem another member has with his 2565. Once the engine gets hot and you lower the RPM, the throttle won't go above about 1600 RPM. I let it cool for a few hours and then did another 5 acres with the same behavior. I did some small sections on Sunday where I had to bring the throttle down to cross the gravel driveway. The engine never got very hot so the problem didn't appear. Tonight I had to move my implements out of the barn. I'm having some work done on it. After awhile of going between idle and about 1500, the MIL light came on. I did call the dealer this morning. I'll update him tomorrow with the latest. It seems like a great tractor. I hope this isn't going to be an ongoing problem.

John

tractor_arrive01_1280.jpgtractor_arrive02_1280.jpg

/ joy and sorrow #2  
NICE TRACTOR...!!!! I would be interested to know if this was a tractor that the dealer had on the lot, or one that was just shipped from one of the assembly points with possibly an updated ECM. I was told that there would not be a EGR relocate, but just an ECM update and providing more wattage [ power ] to the EGR operation. But, that is just hearsay.... So I was wondering if yours had the 'fix' or not... if it is a fix... [ NICE PROPERTY, TOO...!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) ]

/ joy and sorrow
Hi JerryK. Thanks. No, it was not on the lot. My dealer got it from a new dealer who had just gotten it a few days before. Not sure if mine was "fixed". I talked with the dealer this morning. He said the current solution to the throttle issue is to force graphite into the throttle cable sheath. With the MIL light on now, he wants to put the computer on it to see what the codes are. He's picking it up tomorrow. I impressed upon him that he needs to get it hot to see the problem. He's going to try the official fix and then do some mowing in a neighbors field. Stay tuned. :)

/ joy and sorrow #4  
Sorry to hear you are having issues with your 2555. I have one and love it. Good luck with the repairs and keep us posted.

/ joy and sorrow #5  
Congrats and I'll second the beautiful property! Good luck with the repairs and make sure you post the remedy when it's fixed.

/ joy and sorrow #6  
Sorry to hear about the throttle issue. It seems like your dealer has his strapping reversed. The chains and binders should be attached to tractor and straps on the loader and mower. Hopefully Mahindra can figure out what is wrong with their tractors soon. I have not heard anything like this on TYM's own tractors. TYM uses a different engine and don't seem to have this problem. Seems like Mahindra might have not invested enough in this new line of engines. They better find and fix this problem soon or people might start looking for a different brand.

Last edited:
   / joy and sorrow
Got an update from the dealer today. The error code was EGR related like the other nagging problem I've read about on this forum with the 2555s. A new service bulletin is out. He's going to contact Mahindra to get the update. He also did the graphite injection into the throttle cable line as Mahindra suggests. He figured it wouldn't be until Monday before the computer could be flashed.

/ joy and sorrow
Got the tractor back yesterday. The fix seemed to do the trick. I did about an hour of mowing and then idled the tractor for a few minutes then back up. The engine went to full throttle without a problem. I'm very relieved. Its a great tractor. The first three things on my list (other than mowing) are placing posts for a driveway gate, repairing the gravel driveway and preparing a level spot for a garden shed.

/ joy and sorrow #9  
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

/ joy and sorrow #10  
Got the tractor back yesterday. The fix seemed to do the trick. I did about an hour of mowing and then idled the tractor for a few minutes then back up. The engine went to full throttle without a problem. I'm very relieved. Its a great tractor. The first three things on my list (other than mowing) are placing posts for a driveway gate, repairing the gravel driveway and preparing a level spot for a garden shed.

Good news.

I wish they'd quit shipping brand new tractors with faulty ECU programming. They could put a stop to that pretty easily so that no customer got a machine like that. Reprogram the ECUs at the distributor and then again at the dealer just before they hand it off to the customer. If I were a new customer reading this board, I think I'd insist on it considering Mahindra's recent history in that respect.