Buying Advice Mahindra Implements?

/ Mahindra Implements? #1  

RNeumann

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1538
I am looking at a few of the Mahindra Implements. The HD box scraper looks solid. Has that been the consensus? I am hoping for user experience with the 5' grapple and or the offset rear blade.

Mahindra is offering deals when purchasing implements with a tractor. I will be purchasing a 1533 soon.

Thank you!

/ Mahindra Implements? #2  
I'll tell you what. I did a lot of research before I started buying implements. Mahindra has some good stuff but...I think they get their stuff from someone else then just put their name on it. There are better out there. You get what you pay for. Most of my stuff is from Woods. I do have other things but my day to day things I use the most is Woods products.

I have a 1533 with about 120 hours I bought new. I love this thing. Does everything I ask.

/ Mahindra Implements? #3  
I think you look at each piece, compare quality and price, then factor any implement discount packages Mahindra may be offering. Sometimes Mahindra wins and sometimes a dealer will sell another line for which they will feel they are more competitive for certain implements, even with the power package discounts.

/ Mahindra Implements? #4  
Mahindra implements are sourced from Kodiak/Paladin. Really good stuff in my opinion when it comes to cutters and box blades. Paladin Attachments

I have a 6' MD cutter and a 6' HD Box Blade. Both really tough units and when you go with the MD cutter and HD box blade you get clevis attachment points for the three point.

As to grapple, while the Mahindra is adequate, I found that for that price there was more value in a 60" wicked grapple from Everything Attachments for me at least. It is my favorite implement and only comes off the tractor when I need to move mulch or dirt. Single Lid Wicked Root Grapple Lightweight Strong Large opening

You might want a 3rd function valve and EA sources a nice WR Long unit that is bolt on and works flawlessly with all models.

Good luck!

/ Mahindra Implements?
Thanks for the info! I will look into EA. I think I am going to end up with a third function that is a part of my hydraulic top and tilt- 4 stacking valves instead of 3. The 4th valve will be electric with the joystick switch like the WR Long.

I wanted the lightest grapple so I would have extra lifting capacity.

/ Mahindra Implements? #6  
We sell the Terra Force grapples and their rototillers as well. We have been very pleased with the quality. We also sell the heavy duty Bradco units, but as mentioned by RNeumann, they are so heavy that you lose some lifting capacity.

The electric spool valve is generally mounted on the main loader bracket for convenience of routing hoses forward. If you go with a diverter instead of a true spool valve, that is often mounted up front on the loader itself. Makes plumbing neater.

WR Long is awesome for 3rd function valves.

/ Mahindra Implements? #7  
I wanted the lightest grapple so I would have extra lifting capacity.

Definitely look at the EA's then. Super strong yet really light if you want to lift a few hundred pounds more "stuff". Super important on a SCUT and CUT, also helpful with big tractors to get that big rock out of the ground.

/ Mahindra Implements? #8  
On a grapple, you do not have to go real wide with it. That saves weight. With a front bucket we prefer not to be narrower than your tire width, but that really isn't an issue with a grapple.

/ Mahindra Implements? #9  
My Mahindra 8 foot cutter that I just got is a Kodiak brand. Heavy duty construction, looks very solid and operates well so far

/ Mahindra Implements?
My Mahindra 8 foot cutter that I just got is a Kodiak brand. Heavy duty construction, looks very solid and operates well so far

Thank you for the info. Glad it has worked out well.