1526 vs Max 26XL

/ 1526 vs Max 26XL #21  
the pink paint issue doesn't seem to be much of an issue in later model machines.

My 2005 model 2615 is holding it's red paint quite well. Sadly, it is the loader which has deteriorated. The tractor was painted in the Mitsubishi factory. The loader was powder coated by KMW. It makes me wonder if all red powder coating turns pink. I keep the tractor clean, and protected with lemon furniture polish.

/ 1526 vs Max 26XL #22  
I've only had my 3016 for 3 summers but everything looks as good as it ever did. My KMW loader and bh are definitely painted.

/ 1526 vs Max 26XL #23  
Matemike, if HST is your plan, make sure you're comfortable with the brakes/hydro pedals being on the same side on the Max. Also remember that the Max is a 2 speed HST vs. 3 speed HST of the B2650 and the B2601.

/ 1526 vs Max 26XL #24  
But the Mahindra 1526 is a 3 speed.

/ 1526 vs Max 26XL #25  
Didn't know that. Thanks. When conducting my prebuy, I only drove the Max 24 and Max 26XL with the 2 speed HST.

/ 1526 vs Max 26XL #26  
They changed paint and powder coat formulas in about 2008 and that has helped a ton with the fading issues. It was really an issue with the earlier tractors and some loaders.

We sell a lot of both the Max26 and the 1526. They look pretty close as far as capacities on paper. But in real life, it seems the Max26 is giving it's all to meet all of the published specs, while the 1526 (especially will filled rear tires) pretty much does it effortlessly. If the extra 8" or so in width isn't a show stopper for your application, I think you get a lot more tractor with the 1526 for not much more money. The 3-range HST is helpful. The larger tires get better traction. Having said that, there are applications where you really do need to stay more compact.

/ 1526 vs Max 26XL #27  
They changed paint and powder coat formulas in about 2008 and that has helped a ton with the fading issues. It was really an issue with the earlier tractors and some loaders.

We sell a lot of both the Max26 and the 1526. They look pretty close as far as capacities on paper. But in real life, it seems the Max26 is giving it's all to meet all of the published specs, while the 1526 (especially will filled rear tires) pretty much does it effortlessly. If the extra 8" or so in width isn't a show stopper for your application, I think you get a lot more tractor with the 1526 for not much more money. The 3-range HST is helpful. The larger tires get better traction. Having said that, there are applications where you really do need to stay more compact.

Dave is correct about the specs, question is is a 1526 too much for 2.5 Acres? 2.5 Acres is a lot of land or not, depending what those 2-1/2 Acres look like.

/ 1526 vs Max 26XL
Dave is correct about the specs, question is is a 1526 too much for 2.5 Acres? 2.5 Acres is a lot of land or not, depending what those 2-1/2 Acres look like.

The first picture is from across the street looking at the front yard and front of the house. It's about an acre of grass; Zero turn territory only, no tractor work there.

The back yard is also about an acre of grass with a half acre of trees and heavy underbrush/vines outside of the black rod-iron fence. I want to clear that area leaving just the trees.
That's also where my burn pile is. Excuse the pic of the burn pile as that pic was taken during a flood we had and there's standing water in the ditch. Plenty of opportunity to get a tractor stuck though. haha

Excuse the back yard pics, we were in the middle of having dirt work done and a busted up limestone walkway replaced with concrete.

/ 1526 vs Max 26XL #29  
Nice place. I'd say your 2.5 acres is mostly finished landscape. In that way of thinking, you are buying a task/chore tractor to deal with 1/2 acre and some chores. The Max24 or Max26L would do they job just fine. You don't need anything larger. That being said, just buy the 1526 and don't look back.... See how easy it is for me to spend your money?

With regard to HP in these smaller Mahindra tractors, the Mitsu S3L2 engine has been used in a bunch of different models over the last 10 plus years. Let me try to recollect...2415, 2516, 2615, 1816, 3016, Max24, Max25, Max26, 1526. And I bet I am forgetting a couple. It is generally rated between 24 and 28 HP, and the rating, as far as my dyno can tell, is all done by varying the rpm at which you read the HP. If you bump the rpm up on a Max24, it puts out 28 HP. Etc. A great engine, super reliable. We have sold hundreds of Mahindras out of our little dealership with that particular engine over the years. It's dead reliable, unless you let dirt bypass the air filter or grossly overheat it. It hauls the 1526 around pretty well. We have had complaints in the past with the 3016 HST if it had a loader and backhoe and filled tires and the people lived in hilly areas, they felt it was a little underpowered. The 1526 loader and backhoe are a little lighter that the 3016 units and this seems to be about a perfectly balanced tractor between weight and power.

/ 1526 vs Max 26XL #30  
Nice place. I'd say your 2.5 acres is mostly finished landscape. In that way of thinking, you are buying a task/chore tractor to deal with 1/2 acre and some chores. The Max24 or Max26L would do they job just fine. You don't need anything larger. That being said, just buy the 1526 and don't look back.... See how easy it is for me to spend your money?

With regard to HP in these smaller Mahindra tractors, the Mitsu S3L2 engine has been used in a bunch of different models over the last 10 plus years. Let me try to recollect...2415, 2516, 2615, 1816, 3016, Max24, Max25, Max26, 1526. And I bet I am forgetting a couple. It is generally rated between 24 and 28 HP, and the rating, as far as my dyno can tell, is all done by varying the rpm at which you read the HP. If you bump the rpm up on a Max24, it puts out 28 HP. Etc. A great engine, super reliable. We have sold hundreds of Mahindras out of our little dealership with that particular engine over the years. It's dead reliable, unless you let dirt bypass the air filter or grossly overheat it. It hauls the 1526 around pretty well. We have had complaints in the past with the 3016 HST if it had a loader and backhoe and filled tires and the people lived in hilly areas, they felt it was a little underpowered. The 1526 loader and backhoe are a little lighter that the 3016 units and this seems to be about a perfectly balanced tractor between weight and power.

Dave, I will not argue the 1526 is the value tractor, but look at matemikes place. It is not the New Hampshire/Maine Mountains and woods. If it was the 1526 is too small.

It is free of any rocks as near as i can tell, flat and well cleared. A nice place. I hate Subs with their small tires, but a Max is better suited for the property and has decent tires.

Now that I've carved out my chuck of the wilderness, my need if large equipment is way down.