Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra.

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #111  
I can only think of a handful of times where we had a customer contact Mahindra corporate directly. Otherwise, customers interface with us, and we interface with corporate. We generally try to do as much of the leg work as possible. A person buys a $25k tractor with a dealer to stand behind it... not a $25k excuse to call an 800 number.
This is a good point and brings up the question, why are there so many threads on this site where owners are contacting Mahindra directly? Seriously, I don't think you can combine all the other brands and get the numbers of owners (on this site) who try to call the manufacturer instead of working with the dealer. Are the dealers suggesting the owners call Mahindra? I can't think of any time, through many dozens of new purchases of cars, trucks, tractors, lawn and garden equipment, etc, that I ever called the manufacturer rather than work with my dealer. That's what a dealer is for, to support the purchase after the sale.

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #112  
My take on this is a little different than others. To me this points out how reliable our equipment has become. "Back in the day" if it wouldn't turn over, we'd immediately check for 12 volts to the starter and, if that was ok, we'd jump the solenoid. We were good at that because you had to replace starter solenoids on some cars every 50,000 miles.

As far as electronics go, I have no real concerns about that. Reverse engineering the basic electronics we have on tractors will be a simple automated process in the future. You will be able to get a replacement plug in module or circuit board the same as you can get a new stamped out fender for a 1936 Ford today.

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #113  
This is a good point and brings up the question, why are there so many threads on this site where owners are contacting Mahindra directly? Seriously, I don't think you can combine all the other brands and get the numbers of owners (on this site) who try to call the manufacturer instead of working with the dealer. Are the dealers suggesting the owners call Mahindra? I can't think of any time, through many dozens of new purchases of cars, trucks, tractors, lawn and garden equipment, etc, that I ever called the manufacturer rather than work with my dealer. That's what a dealer is for, to support the purchase after the sale.

I can think of a couple of instances where we recommended that a customer call the manufacturer. An example would be if a customer was not satisfied with the turnaround time of a warranty repair, and it came down to parts lead time or something else that is out of our hands, and in the hands of the manufacturer. Sometimes it takes a customer making a stink to enact change. Generally this is not the case, but as with anything there are exceptions.

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #114  
I can think of a couple of instances where we recommended that a customer call the manufacturer. An example would be if a customer was not satisfied with the turnaround time of a warranty repair, and it came down to parts lead time or something else that is out of our hands, and in the hands of the manufacturer. Sometimes it takes a customer making a stink to enact change. Generally this is not the case, but as with anything there are exceptions.
Granted... but dealers I would expect would be complaining too. It surely isn't a good sign if the dealer is referring customers to the manufacturer.

/ Ouch... maybe watch before you purchase a Mahindra. #115  
Granted... but dealers I would expect would be complaining too. It surely isn't a good sign if the dealer is referring customers to the manufacturer.

It seems the missing link in Mahindra's business model is, adequate regional field managers. I often wonder what the CEO of Mahindra in India would say about this situation. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone in upper management even cares.

Happily, I bought my Mitsu/Mahindra in 2005, and of course many know of the high quality of the Mitsubishis; which is why I haven't had complaints. But, if today I were in the market for a tractor, and wasn't not aware of the differences between the Mahindra's built in India, Japan, and Korea, how the Japanese are superior, after seeing this video, I would not buy a Mahindra.

I'm blessed with a fantastic dealer just 5 miles down the road. He is the type who quickly, competently, would handle any issues Chuckles had with his tractor. If he could not, or would not, I would be looking for the number of the regional service manager as my next step.

Is there a missing link, or not? One thing is certain Mahindra has a terrible website. If you really want to be successful, duplicate a successful business model. For Mahindra to continue as a successful company in the USA, it is going to take more than expensive advertising. The youtube video we watched is free word of mouth, the best form of advertising, and it doesn't look good for Mahindra.