Where is the Mahindra 2015 Made?

/ Where is the Mahindra 2015 Made? #1  

2ndhalf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Gravely ZT HD 60, MF GC2400
Anyone know where a 2006 Mahindra 2015 was made and by what company? Looks like it has a Mitsubishi engine.

Trying to talk my dad into looking at one. His old 8n is getting harder for him to operate and get on. He also needs a loader bucket with full hydro since he uses his loader instead of his back a lot.

/ Where is the Mahindra 2015 Made? #2  
I thought under a certain hp they were made in Japan, over a certain size in India

/ Where is the Mahindra 2015 Made?
Thanks.. you might be right.. this list has it as "Unknown" which wouldn't rule out Japan.

TractorData.com - Mahindra tractors sorted by factory

Anyone with a Model 2015 Mahindra that has a plate stating country of origin? I'm only asking because I know my dad is a big fan of Japanese cars and he would feel comfortable buying a tractor mfg. in Japan also.

/ Where is the Mahindra 2015 Made? #6  
I recently purchased a 2015 model 4550. You have me curious and I went out and checked. The plate has a vin # and the year it was made. I do not see anywhere the country it was built in. I thought they were made in India. Shame we've lost most of our manufacturing here.

/ Where is the Mahindra 2015 Made? #7  
The 2015 was made in Japan by Mitsubishi. Not just the engine, the entire tractor. Seat, tires, battery and loader were added at final assembly in the USA and those pieces are USA made. It's a fine tractor.

Just in case you have a need, I have a 10 year old new old stock/demo mid-mount-mower sitting here in California that bolts right up to a 2015/2216 HST. It's cheap, but I suppose you would pay a bunch to get it across the USA. It does not fit any of the newer models.

The 2015 was made in Japan by Mitsubishi. Not just the engine, the entire tractor. Seat, tires, battery and loader were added at final assembly in the USA and those pieces are USA made. It's a fine tractor.

Just in case you have a need, I have a 10 year old new old stock/demo mid-mount-mower sitting here in California that bolts right up to a 2015/2216 HST. It's cheap, but I suppose you would pay a bunch to get it across the USA. It does not fit any of the newer models.

Thanks Dave this is helpful. Dad and I went and looked at a model 2015 last night. Unfortunately it had a oil leak that neither we or the guy selling could tell the origin of so we passed on it. Dad liked it though. Good to know if we found another without a MMM that you have one.

Search will continue.

I recently purchased a 2015 model 4550. You have me curious and I went out and checked. The plate has a vin # and the year it was made. I do not see anywhere the country it was built in. I thought they were made in India. Shame we've lost most of our manufacturing here.

I agree.. it is a shame. Ohio used to be booming with mnfg.

/ Where is the Mahindra 2015 Made? #10  
Anyone know where a 2006 Mahindra 2015 was made and by what company? Looks like it has a Mitsubishi engine.

Trying to talk my dad into looking at one. His old 8n is getting harder for him to operate and get on. He also needs a loader bucket with full hydro since he uses his loader instead of his back a lot.

I know the new Mahindra sub compact and compact tractors are made in South Korea and the tier 4 engine is made in India by Mitsubishi/Bosch/Mahindra. I was looking at a 2013 28 max and found that the FEL at least was made in Japan, if the front end loader has 2 pistons its Japanese, if it has a single piston in the center of the loader its South Korean FEL. I like Mahindra a lot.

As far as manufacturing goes, all sub compacts and compact tractors under 75hp usually are no longer made in the states, I looked into JD, CNH, Mahindra, Kubota ext all made out of the states. But all the new tractors I saw had American rubber on them including all the Mahindra's, I found that interesting.