Need reviews from members for

/ Need reviews from members for #1  

kneedeep

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510 & 8560
A 8560 w/ loader? Its low hrs, one owner that traded down for smaller cab Mahindra. More tractor than he wanted to haul to hunting camp.
Clean with wood trail boo-boos, dings and scratches.
I need it to run like a racehorse , but work like a mammoth mule !
Dont want or need any surprises when the steel meets the dirt!
All opinions appreciated!

/ Need reviews from members for #2  
Sorry I haven't seen many (if any) folks with that sized Mahindra machine on here.....

/ Need reviews from members for #3  
These are good machines IMO. If it has a loader and no additional ballast, then you are looking at having 9,000+lbs of machine working your ground. It will make your 5500 go and hide in the corner. The single down fall is the 12x12 transmission. It would be about perfect if it had a 16x16 trans, but it does not, so you just have to make do.

As far as surprises, I would think that you would be pleasantly surprised at how good this machine works.

Just my :2cents:, others may feel differently. :thumbsup:

/ Need reviews from members for
I test drove it twice at the dealers. There is about 50 acres behind his yard that has old tractors and implements everywhere with a road snaking thru it. In the rough places the 8560 bounced like you were on a trampoline in medium and high range gears. It needs rear ballast to offset the loader weight and smooth out the ride. Will really increase traction as well.
I have learned the hard way to stay off the fields till they dry or walk back to cabin! If it rains over 3" in 3-4 days, takes a week to dry enough to get on it, still too wet to plow or plant. The less I till the soil the quicker it dries. As of now, All fields except one 2 acre Deer plot is in wheat.

/ Need reviews from members for #5  
I test drove it twice at the dealers. There is about 50 acres behind his yard that has old tractors and implements everywhere with a road snaking thru it. In the rough places the 8560 bounced like you were on a trampoline in medium and high range gears. It needs rear ballast to offset the loader weight and smooth out the ride. Will really increase traction as well.
I have learned the hard way to stay off the fields till they dry or walk back to cabin! If it rains over 3" in 3-4 days, takes a week to dry enough to get on it, still too wet to plow or plant. The less I till the soil the quicker it dries. As of now, All fields except one 2 acre Deer plot is in wheat.

A couple of things, most likely the dealer has the tires over inflated, thus the bouncing or you were simply going to fast for the condition of the road.

Loading the tires made a day and night difference with my 7520. Waaay better ride as well as being far more stable.

My 7520 weighs in at 12,000+lbs with all the different ballast that I have. :cool:

I didn't check the air pressure, only checking each gear for tranny issues. Always run ballast in loader tractors to get rear weight for using forks. I run rears as low as possible for traction in plowed ground and fronts almost maxed to carry the FEL loads. Ag tires don't perform well with maximum air pressure (5500) but the industrial seem to work better at maximum pressure (3510 TLB) Just my personal preference for 2 different tire styles
The 8560 has Ag tires and they may have been inflated to max, as dealer is using it as forklift since his forklift is down. Only reason its not in my shed as we speak!

/ Need reviews from members for #7  
Kneedeep,
Buy it or show us where it is. All of us 20 series owners will vouch that it is a monster of a tractor. I thought discing helped air out the moisture out of dirt and dry it out faster?
hugs, Brandi

Kneedeep,
Buy it or show us where it is. All of us 20 series owners will vouch that it is a monster of a tractor. I thought discing helped air out the moisture out of dirt and dry it out faster?
hugs, Brandi
Bindian,
The deal is done on the 8560. Dealer is giving me same as I paid for 5500 trade in and I got the rest. Should be in the barn late next week or the week after as wife and I are going to NOLA for Anniversary trip to French Quarter Festival in a few days.
It will be serviced and few minor issues corrected as soon as he can get it in shop, they are covered up with repair work (best tractor shop in area) and we agreed to close after trip

8560 (2).jpg8560 (3).jpg8560 (4).jpg8560 (6).jpg8560 (5).jpg

Right now it is storming at the farm, got almost 3" tonight. That Delta gumbo will grab tractor tires and not let go if it is too wet, leaving ruts so deep you can't cross them when it dries.
I broke a 5' disk last year in a rut left by the farmers 8300 JD in my duck hole and had to buy a bigger disk.

Old Busted-
20150628_082559(1).jpg

New Not Busted-
20161013_101850_001.jpg

Last edited:
   / Need reviews from members for #9  
Oh snap...........it's got a cab too.:licking: Do they have another one? Guess that gumbo mud is like the blackland mud at my daughter's house.
hugs, Brandi

Yeah, Cab! Let a open station 8560 slip thru my fingers a year ago while dragging my feet. It was on the lot about 4 days before it sold and it was beat up. Had new tires on a 5 yr old tractor, lots of cuts and bruises you could see and who knows what condition mechanically.
When this one hit the lot, I checked it out (see OP date), talked to previous owner and test drove. Owner said it was too big just to feed rolled hay to few cows and the Hunting club trails were too tight for it to be effective. Traded for a cab 65 HP almost even.