Buying Advice Mahindra MSRP price?

/ Mahindra MSRP price? #1  

RBaldwin

Tractor
Mahindra 3540 4WD, FEL, 65B Backhoe
Hello all,

I am in the process of looking at trading in my 2013 Mahindra 4025. Just my luck, I bought the only model not built to accept a backhoe. I'm looking at the 3540, and the 4540. Both in 4WD, with FEL and backhoe as a package deal. The salesman basically has been quoting me MSRP price on the new tractor and attachments, and is thinking only around 12-13K for my trade in. My tractor only has 66 hrs on it. Still in very good shape. So I have 2 questions. 1st, is Mahindra pretty firm on their MSRP price? I am only used to car dealers where they can come down quite a bit. 2nd, does the trade in seem a bit low for the hours on my tractor? He comes out tomorrow to actually look at it, but still seems like a pretty low ball park on his part. The old one also has the FEL on it.

Any input would be most appreciated!

/ Mahindra MSRP price? #2  
Hello all,

I am in the process of looking at trading in my 2013 Mahindra 4025. Just my luck, I bought the only model not built to accept a backhoe. I'm looking at the 3540, and the 4540. Both in 4WD, with FEL and backhoe as a package deal. The salesman basically has been quoting me MSRP price on the new tractor and attachments, and is thinking only around 12-13K for my trade in. My tractor only has 66 hrs on it. Still in very good shape. So I have 2 questions. 1st, is Mahindra pretty firm on their MSRP price? I am only used to car dealers where they can come down quite a bit. 2nd, does the trade in seem a bit low for the hours on my tractor? He comes out tomorrow to actually look at it, but still seems like a pretty low ball park on his part. The old one also has the FEL on it.

Any input would be most appreciated!

From my dealing with Mahindra, I would expect at least 20% off MSRP for whatever you're buying. Then on top of that you will have whatever your trade in is worth.

I'm buying the 3550 HST w/ FEL and BH for about 24% off MSRP.

/ Mahindra MSRP price?
I have seen several posts with nice discounts like this, just didn't seem to be getting that thus far here. We only have about 5 dealers in KS, but 3 of them are all under the same roof, just different locations. Will hope for the best after they look at my tractor for trade in value. Thanks audsp98 for the input.

/ Mahindra MSRP price? #4  
I've never known anyone to get a good trade-in price on a tractor except a few folk that go trade in every couple years at the same dealer. 99% of trade in offers from dealers are only about 60% (or less) what the person could get selling to a private party.

/ Mahindra MSRP price?
Well I understand they need to make money on the resale. But a tractor thats got 2 years of warranty left, and only 66 hours on it, yet offering 60% seems pretty low. 500 hours, or more, ok, but... Then again I am still learning this tractor stuff as this will be only my 2nd. I bought it on a deal at our state fair, but that's 7 months away and I need the backhoe now. Kind of got me over a barrel. Though I didn't tell them I needed it that soon.

/ Mahindra MSRP price? #6  
Not sure of your backhoe needs, but many folk have met their tractor-backhoe needs with 3pt backhoes for many years. They are the exact same backhoes sold on tractors of all makes, but they're mounted to a 3 point frame rather than a subframe mount specific to a certain tractor model.

Check these out:
Tractor Backhoes For Sale With Free Shipping!

The Bradco 485 is the backhoe that Mahindra sold with my 4035, just painted red with Mahindra logos. It is a beast of a hoe.

/ Mahindra MSRP price? #7  
I would check this out before trading. Woods makes a VERY good unit. I believe that it will have a sub frame for it also. I'm sure that you would be happy with one of these Units and a whole lot less $$$$. :thumbsup:

/ Mahindra MSRP price? #8  
I would check this out before trading. Woods makes a VERY good unit. I believe that it will have a sub frame for it also. I'm sure that you would be happy with one of these Units and a whole lot less $$$$. :thumbsup:

Yes, that is a good idea, I'd stay away from that dealer, unless you like helping out his business. He is not offering you squat on the trade.

/ Mahindra MSRP price? #9  
It all seems to depend on where you live. The dealers around me don't seem to like/want trade-ins at all. I kinda wish I lived in a market where there were a bunch of lightly used tractors available when I bought. I might have considered one. I would definately shop around but you are likely to get hosed on your trade-in. As to the MSRP, the two Mahindra dealers around here quoted me MSRP as well. They then tacked in the promotional discounts Mahindra had available at the time. I bought six implements at the same time as the tractor so there was a bit of wiggle room but not much.

/ Mahindra MSRP price? #10  
Not sure of your backhoe needs, but many folk have met their tractor-backhoe needs with 3pt backhoes for many years. They are the exact same backhoes sold on tractors of all makes, but they're mounted to a 3 point frame rather than a subframe mount specific to a certain tractor model.

Check these out:
Tractor Backhoes For Sale With Free Shipping!

The Bradco 485 is the backhoe that Mahindra sold with my 4035, just painted red with Mahindra logos. It is a beast of a hoe.

Only problem with 3pt hoes is that most manufacturer warranties will be instantly voided if you use one on the tractor. Backhoes really need a good subframe to avoid snapping the tractor in half. I know the Mahindra warranty says a 3pt hoe will void the warranty in clear black and white print and easy to read language.

Use of unapproved implements or attachments including but not limited to:**
Page 3 of 8
ゥ Mahindra USA, Inc., 9020 Jackrabbit Rd., Suite 600, Houston, Texas 77095; World's #1 Selling Tractor including Compact tractors, Sub-Compact Tractors, Utility Tractors and Farm Tractors with Loaders, Backhoes, Implements, Mowers and more. | Mahindra 1/3/2017
A. Non‐Mahindra loaders
B. Belly mowers
C. 3 point mounted backhoes