Buying service manuals

/ Buying service manuals #1  

audsp98

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3550 HST
How much do service manuals usually run from the dealer?

My 3550 will be delivered this week and was going to talk to the dealer tomorrow about getting the manual but wanted an idea of typical prices.

Thanks

/ Buying service manuals #3  
They're worthy of sticker shock...

/ Buying service manuals #4  
I paid $75 from my dealer for my 2538 manual.

/ Buying service manuals #5  
They're worthy of sticker shock...

How much does it cost you to take it to the dealer for a couple of hours labor and transport fees?
With the WSM and parts manuals I've been able to take care of a bunch of things when the tractor "hiccuped".

Maybe if I was rich and had my own mechanic on call I wouldn't buy the WSM, but I bet the mechanic would.

/ Buying service manuals #6  
Had them included with purchase after negotiating price......don't know what he paid but he didn't complain.

/ Buying service manuals #7  
When I ordered my emax22 I made it a condition of the sale to include a repair manual.

/ Buying service manuals #8  
I ended up with a Mitsubishi CUT MT180D some years ago.
Fortunately a buddy had access to distributor pricing but even at that I spent $75.00 or so.
That $75 probably has saved me $750, in shop labor as it permitted me to do the majority of repairs and maintenance myself.
I got shop, parts and owner's manual.

I always like to have manuals foe all that I own.

/ Buying service manuals #9  
Mine (3016) was 130 bucks. My brother bought one for his kioti, 130 bucks. Different dealers in different towns.

/ Buying service manuals #10  
I used to but manuals for everything but that got to be a bit expensive. Now I look for a download and just print off the pages I need.