Buying Advice 1526 vs max 26xl

/ 1526 vs max 26xl #1  

Adrianfire509

Tractor
Mahindra 1526
Hello All
I know this has been talked about in other places but I currently have the Max 26 and would like to bump up a little in size. My budget will only allow me to go up about $50 more a month in payment and the only unit that comes close to that is the 1526. My question is do you all think it's worth the extra $50 a month to trade? I would not gain any HP but I would gain weight and also my max is shuttle shift and the 1526 is HST.
Thanks
RD

/ 1526 vs max 26xl #2  
Get the specifications on both machines and compare them to see what your gaining. Also go TEST DRIVE THE 1526 to see if it is what you want and like. Did I mention...... TEST DRIVE THE 1526? LOL!

I just got the 2538, I test drove just about every darn tractor on the lot (emax all the way to the Mpower). To see what I wanted, I had a Max 24 and needed a bigger tractor, I got the TEST DRIVE idea from a member who posted on my thread, He was 100% right!

Good luck with your decision

Matty

/ 1526 vs max 26xl
I actually did test drive the 1526 today. I did like the way it felt and handled a lot better then my max. The specs are not a lot different. It's the same exact motor as my max, but has a little bit more lift capacity. The physical size is bigger on the 1526 and it weights about 700lbs more then my max. I really do like the 1526 but just wanted some opinions from others.

/ 1526 vs max 26xl #4  
You sit a lot higher in the 1526 don't ya? lol I was amazed how high up you sit in the 1500 series.

/ 1526 vs max 26xl
Yeah it was a big difference in height but I'm a big guy and I always feel like a giant on the max. Lol

/ 1526 vs max 26xl #6  
I actually did test drive the 1526 today. I did like the way it felt and handled a lot better then my max. The specs are not a lot different. It's the same exact motor as my max, but has a little bit more lift capacity. The physical size is bigger on the 1526 and it weights about 700lbs more then my max. I really do like the 1526 but just wanted some opinions from others.

Bigger is better sometimes, sometimes not. If you want a bigger tractor, then the 1526 is the next size up in the line. I believed there is a more of a jump form the Max26 to the 1526 than from the Max22/25 to the Max26.

Last edited:
   / 1526 vs max 26xl #7  
3 speed vs 2 speed.
Wider stance.
Longer.
Heavier.
Bigger tires.
More traction.
Lots more lift.

The HP is the same but the gearing and the weight make it seem like you have much more power.

The 1526 is a real tractor where the max is made for those that have a big box store garden machine but don't have need of a real tractor.

They are different tractors, and well worth the little more cost.

/ 1526 vs max 26xl #8  
3 speed vs 2 speed. (That's a biggie)
Wider stance.
Longer.
Heavier.
Bigger tires.
More traction.
Lots more lift. (Safely, but by specs, not so Much)

The HP is the same but the gearing and the weight make it seem like you have much more power.

The 1526 is a real tractor where the max is made for those that have a big box store garden machine but don't have need of a real tractor.

They are different tractors, and well worth the little more cost.

"The 1526 is a real tractor where the max is made for those that have a big box store garden machine but don't have need of a real tractor."

Pilgrim,
You would make a lot of friends with the people who love their little Kubota BX, Massey GS, JD Series1 whatevers, etc. Bottom line, always get the tool that suits your needs. Someone with an acre or two of yard can do all they need to do with one of these "garden tractors".

/ 1526 vs max 26xl #9  
I didn't say they were garden tractors, I said the max is for those with garden tractors that don't need a 'real' tractor. The max series is a mix of garden tractor and 'real' tractor but not really either. It's sort of a hybrid.

It definitely has it's place for many many people.

I'm not knocking it at all. I nearly bought a max28, but then I saw the 3016/1526.

/ 1526 vs max 26xl
Thanks for all the good info everyone, I greatly appreciate it! There's a good chance I will go ahead and upgrade!