New Mahindra Max 26 XL owner, any good mods or aftermarket backhoes for it?

/ New Mahindra Max 26 XL owner, any good mods or aftermarket backhoes for it? #1  

FancyFarms

Tractor
2015 Mahindra Max26xl
Hello I just bought a 2015 MAX 26 xl with flail mower and 180 hours on it for 12k. It works great but I was wondering if anyone had any good mods for the tractor, perhaps more power, more comfort or even a way to protect it better? What have you guys done with yours?

Also I want a backhoe and am torn between the 6k mahindra backhoe and a aftermarket backhoe for $3k. Anyone have any aftermarket backhoe on this chassis?

/ New Mahindra Max 26 XL owner, any good mods or aftermarket backhoes for it? #2  
Search mike69440

Good tractor good price. you did well.

Grill guard and Spring suspension seat, LED Lights, Pats Easy Change, and Load the tires.
It will take 4 and 5' implements fine, 6' rake too.
Let them keep the $6k BH.

What diameter are your loader & bucket cylinder pins?

/ New Mahindra Max 26 XL owner, any good mods or aftermarket backhoes for it? #3  
Hello I just bought a 2015 MAX 26 xl with flail mower and 180 hours on it for 12k. It works great but I was wondering if anyone had any good mods for the tractor, perhaps more power, more comfort or even a way to protect it better? What have you guys done with yours?

Also I want a backhoe and am torn between the 6k mahindra backhoe and a aftermarket backhoe for $3k. Anyone have any aftermarket backhoe on this chassis?

Don't suggest a 3pt backhoe. For starters, putting one on will void your warranty. You get what you pay for so get the backhoe made for the tractor as it includes a proper subframe and isn't as likely to damage your tractor.

/ New Mahindra Max 26 XL owner, any good mods or aftermarket backhoes for it? #4  
Woods makes a sub-frame mount backhoe that is very nice. It's the only good option I know of if you are avoiding the Mahindra backhoe.

For $3k new, you would be looking at a 3-point Chinese built backhoe. I would not do that to a small tractor, it puts a ton of stress on the tractor.

/ New Mahindra Max 26 XL owner, any good mods or aftermarket backhoes for it? #5  
I paid 5k for the mahindra backhoe on my Max 26XL. I think it is worth it.

/ New Mahindra Max 26 XL owner, any good mods or aftermarket backhoes for it? #6  
12K for a great tractor! Nice! I, wishing I had a flail mower over the Brush hog I got with mine... Hows that working out?

Paid $5,500 for the MB60A in 2013 plus $350 for the installation. Installation by the dealer was a disaster, but I wont get into that... I agonized over the same quandary in the value of the Mahindra BH over aftermarket. The Value Leader BHM5 is $2,000 less, and the dealer (importer) lives in my home town. I was explicitly told by Mahindra that adding any other BH would void the warranty. In the long run, I'm happy with the Mahandra BH. I would love to add a hydraulic thumb to it someday though.

Adding LED lights was a great improvement as well as adding a Piranha tooth bar to the loader bucket. Filling the tires was a must for me as my place is very hilly! I was running chains on my tires for most of the year. After I got tire ballast, I haven't put them on since! This is with turf tires mind you!

/ New Mahindra Max 26 XL owner, any good mods or aftermarket backhoes for it? #7  

The quickest way to void your warranty is to stick an aftermarket 3pt type backhoe on it. It says so very clearly in the documentation that came with your tractor if you take a look. The Mahindra hoe comes with a sub frame which is the only way to go although it's best to get it when you buy the tractor so the dealer or distributor puts it on but I guess it's too late for that now. It's not such an easy job so it may be best to get your dealer to install it.

/ New Mahindra Max 26 XL owner, any good mods or aftermarket backhoes for it? #8  
Woods makes a sub-frame mount backhoe that is very nice. It's the only good option I know of if you are avoiding the Mahindra backhoe.

For $3k new, you would be looking at a 3-point Chinese built backhoe. I would not do that to a small tractor, it puts a ton of stress on the tractor.

Stress as in snapping it in half? LOL

/ New Mahindra Max 26 XL owner, any good mods or aftermarket backhoes for it? #9  
Another good way to void your warranty is to:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...loader-curl-possible-solution.html?highlight=
But it sure makes quick work of cleaning out foot deep poop out of the paddocks, where my bigger tractor would be really clumsy to operate.
Also spreading gravel, it will scoop out of a pile more than a full bucket easily.
I've been really busy, not getting much seat time, but have 213 hours so far.

/ New Mahindra Max 26 XL owner, any good mods or aftermarket backhoes for it? #10  
Stress as in snapping it in half? LOL

The Max 3Pt. lower links are attached to Aluminum Case covers, The case itself is iron and the load is spread out, but a hoe attached here is a lot of stress.