/ 2538 #1  

phantom77

Tractor
Mahindra 2538
So I looked and compared Deere (too much), Kubota (too light for fel IMO) and Mahindra. Went with the 2538 with FEL, 6' back blade, 5' brush hog, 5' Tiller, block heater and Forks with delivery and pickup and delivery and 50 hour service how much would be a good deal? How does everyone like the 2538?

Last edited:
   / 2538 #2  
Congrats! I'm sure you will enjoy the machine!

I was pricing things about a year ago so my data would be bad.

/ 2538 #3  
So I looked and compared Deere (too much), Kubota (too light for fel IMO) and Mahindra. Went with the 2538 with FEL, 6' back blade, 5' brush hog, 5' Tiller, block heater and Forks with delivery and pickup and delivery and 50 hour service how much would be a good deal? How does everyone like the 2538?

Whatever you buy, choose your dealer wisely.

/ 2538 #4  
Love my 2538, have 39 hours on it already. Does whatever I reasonably ask of it!

/ 2538
I actually chose the dealer first. Liked the owner a true small business owner and farm background. Also MN Ag group who is Case is also carrying Mahindra now. It really helped seal the deal knowing some sizeable dealers close are also carrying them. I went in wanting Kubota but the dealers just didn't​ sit well with me.

/ 2538 #6  
I actually chose the dealer first. Liked the owner a true small business owner and farm background. Also MN Ag group who is Case is also carrying Mahindra now. It really helped seal the deal knowing some sizeable dealers close are also carrying them. I went in wanting Kubota but the dealers just didn't​ sit well with me.

Good call.

/ 2538 #7  

Also new and just ordered a 2017 2538 TLB. I searched for the right dealer first too. I wanted to know they'd have my back if this becomes a 5k lb lawn ornament. This dealer is in the process of hiring two more mechanics who will be on-site workers and come fix things right at the ranch (for a price.... lol!) But, they are very nice folks and sincere to the core.

It was MUCH different than buying my truck. I bought it for the price at a dealer I'll never go back to and have it maintained local to me.

/ 2538 #8  

Did you end up buying the 2538? I compared to the Kubota and like both but think the 2538 might be the right one due to size, price, cabin space. Trying to do research on both dealers now but would like to know your experience if you bought already.

/ 2538 #9  
Did you end up buying the 2538? I compared to the Kubota and like both but think the 2538 might be the right one due to size, price, cabin space. Trying to do research on both dealers now but would like to know your experience if you bought already.

Yes, we did get the 2538. It won my comparison test for ease of use, maintenance and over-all lift/load capacity. That with the 7 yr drivetrain warranty and no DPF was icing on the cake. Not a lot of hours on it yet but it's a workhorse. I'd like to have something with more power but the wallet couldn't handle more... it just means that some jobs take a bit longer to do, not that it can't do the job. ;) The only issue thus far was us blowing out an O-ring on a hose but that was an easy fix. No regrets!

Attachments

• 20170722_100851.jpg
    20170722_100851.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 288
  • 20170722_134940.jpg
    20170722_134940.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 297
   / 2538 #10  
Hi, I have the 2555 HST TLB open station since May 2017 and now have 90 hours on it. I am quite pleased with it. Acthuuu,I am not sure where you are located but it has hit single and below 0 consistently by me in hudson valley NY. I am glad I got the block heater. It does start a little easier and the radiator temp is up to operating in just a couple of minutes instead of the 15 to 20 minutes it would take. i have some videos at allthingsdiy mike if you want to see the comparison and such. good luck.