Mahindra 6530 couple questions/issues

/ Mahindra 6530 couple questions/issues #1  

abritton77

Ive had an old 575 DI for several years and have had great luck with it. I needed a bigger tractor and wanted 4x4 so I bought a issue 6530 4x4 with 266 loader. My 1st problem is the steering. I feels like it is low on fluid or has air in the system. At 1st start you have to turn the wheel a few times to get the wheels to turn. I have to add oil to my old tractor all the time and it feels the same way when low. The newer tractor appears to get fluid from the main hydraulic system. Any thoughts on this? searching has not reviled anything.

I am unsure if this is a problem or just how the trans work but I have trouble change gears while the tractor is not rolling. Sometimes it will not go in gear unless I put either the shuttle or range selector in neutral. It seems to shift fine if the tractor is rolling. The gears do not grind at all and the shuttle shift works great. Is this normal? It has the 8x8 shuttle shift transmission.

/ Mahindra 6530 couple questions/issues #2  
Talk to your dealer about it. This was something that was common with these. Don't quote me on this, but I think there is an update or service bulletin on this topic.

/ Mahindra 6530 couple questions/issues #3  
Look at the front part of the engine on the right side (as you sit on the tractor). That should be where the hyd. pump is..their should be 2 pumps...the regular one and the power steering should be in tandem behind the regular hyd pump...follow the lines...the steering reservoir should be on the opposite side of the engine (at least that's where it is on the 6000).. Good luck. BobG in VA

/ Mahindra 6530 couple questions/issues #4  
abritton77;4805605 I am unsure if this is a problem or just how the trans work but I have trouble change gears while the tractor is not rolling. Sometimes it will not go in gear unless I put either the shuttle or range selector in neutral. It seems to shift fine if the tractor is rolling. The gears do not grind at all and the shuttle shift works great. Is this normal? It has the 8x8 shuttle shift transmission.[/QUOTE said:
my 5530 is the same....choose the shuttle position last and all is good.

as for the steering,I have no clue, my steering is responsive.
If you find a solution, please post it up.

/ Mahindra 6530 couple questions/issues #5  
On my 5530 if you try to go into first gear with the shuttle direction already selected it is hard to get into gear but the rest are fine. Like posted above if you are OK w/ it just shuttle it last.

My 5530 has the tandem pump and shares fluid from gear case. I would look into the filters and make sure all is clear there and not starving the pump for oil. Just a thought cuz I have not experienced that.

Good luck keep us posted.

/ Mahindra 6530 couple questions/issues
I fixed the steering problem by fixing a minor leak and topping off the fluid. The fluid level was really low and I didnt think to check it. The shifting problem has gotten worse though. It gets frustrating having to put it in neutral to change gears. Its not all the time but next to impossible to go in 1st or 2nd. What I have noticed is that it trys to move if not in neutral and I am trying to change gears while not moving. I wondering if the clutch is dragging? and or bad syncros? Any thoughts?

Also could some one from admin move this to the owning section?

/ Mahindra 6530 couple questions/issues #8  
I fixed the steering problem by fixing a minor leak and topping off the fluid. The fluid level was really low and I didnt think to check it. The shifting problem has gotten worse though. It gets frustrating having to put it in neutral to change gears. Its not all the time but next to impossible to go in 1st or 2nd. What I have noticed is that it trys to move if not in neutral and I am trying to change gears while not moving. I wondering if the clutch is dragging? and or bad syncros? Any thoughts?

Is your clutch adjusted correctly(amount of freeplay)

Is your clutch adjusted correctly(amount of freeplay)
I do not feel like the clutch has enough free play but I dont see how giving it more free play is going to help with the issue. The way it is adjusted now it should be even more released with the clutch pressed all the way in. Ive tried shifting with the clutch in various amounts of travel be it doesn't matter. It at times is even hard to get in reverse. I may wind up selling this thing. Ive been meaning to talk to my local dealer and see what they say and also make sure its not under warranty, however Im sure its not.

/ Mahindra 6530 couple questions/issues #10  
I was thinking if there were too much free play then you would not have as much release on the clutch but if you think there is not the amount the service manual calls for then it must not be that. There is also a grease zerk underneath the platform where the shifter runs into the case, I am not sure what this actually greases but it may be worth investigating.