4035 HST trade in value

/ 4035 HST trade in value #1  

ktoom

Bronze Member
Tractor
1966 JD300. 2005 GT245, 2014 Mahindra 4035HST
I was at one of the local dealerships looking at Ferris zero turns and got talking to a salesman about the Massey Ferguson tractors that they sell. There was some things I liked on the Massey, so long story short I emailed a bunch of pics to the salesman to see what they would give me for my 2014 Mahindra 4035HST with only 200hrs. He was very honest and said they wouldn't be able to give me much for the tractor, which I figured already. I also got the vibe they they aren't very fond of Mahindra which they have their obvious reasons. He ended up only offering me $14000 for my tractor.

Do you guys think this value is low?

To be honest, I like my tractor a lot, but there's a few things i wish were better and curiosity got the best of me. After looking at these new Masseys and new Mahindra's, I really like the some of the newer stuff thats out. I had my eye on the Massey 1758 and now the Mahindra 2555hst. The salesman at the Massey dealer, priced out a cabbed 1758 for me. He ended up quoting me the wrong price for the tractor, which really pissed me off as I thought we were going to be able to work out a deal. He even had a nice Wallenstein backhoe that he priced out for the tractor. The hoe was actually an extend-a-hoe and Wallenstein is have a promotion where you get either an extra bucket or mechanical grapple for free with every backhoe purchase.

The Mahindra 2555 peaked my interest as it has a higher lift capacity, more hp and the loader joystick is the crummy cable setup, like on my 4035. The slop in the loader joystick really bugs the crap out of me. Im going to contact my Mahindra salesman and see what he might offer me for my tractor.

/ 4035 HST trade in value #2  
I am considering a Mahindra 2545 shuttle cab that has cable setup on the joystick. Is there not an adjustment for the cables to remove the slop? Also has it always had slop?

/ 4035 HST trade in value
I am considering a Mahindra 2545 shuttle cab that has cable setup on the joystick. Is there not an adjustment for the cables to remove the slop? Also has it always had slop?

I would check to see how much slop is in the lever before you do the deal. Make sure that its something you can live with.

My loader joystick has always had an inch of slop in it from day 1. Ive tried adjusting it numerous times, but there really isnt an adjustment to tighten up the slack. I had a mechanic from dealer come out to do some warranty work and I showed him the slop in the joystick. He agreed that its bad, but also stated that there really isnt a adjustment for it.

I did a thread about this issue about 2 years ago and there were other people with the same issue. It seems like a very common issue amongst tractors with cabs and/or open stations with tractor mounted joysticks, where they use cables to go from the joy stick to the loader valve.

The only solution is to buy a normal style joystick that is connected to the loader valve assembly. Mount it to the tractor where the current joy stick is. Remove the current valve assembly where the joystick cables go to. Then buy longer hoses to reach the new loader valve. Problem solved

/ 4035 HST trade in value #4  

The adjustment procedure should be in the owners manual. ' Usually ', there is a lock at the base of the joystick ... that locks the stick into it's center position. After you lock the joystick, you can adjust the cables. Again ' usually ', it involves loosening the lock nut on the cable at the valve assembly... then turning the cable end to take up all the slack except the last little bit.. Then tightening the lock nut on that cable to keep it in place. Then do the other cable. Sometimes the lock nuts are not tightened, and the cables can come out of adjustment. Once adjusted, mine seem to stay that way and work fine. They may be a bit sloppier than a lever right on the valve assembly, but not by much....

/ 4035 HST trade in value #5  
I haven't had the pleasure to test drive one yet but doubt the slop would be a deal breaker.

/ 4035 HST trade in value #6  
i have a 2555 hst open station and i have about 62 hours on it. no major issues, only minor thing is the MIL light came on for alittle while but cleared up after working the tractor at high idle. have done a lot fo grapple work with it. some backhoe work with the 65B, wish it were more powerful but maybe its a good thing so it doesnt rip the backhoe apart. like the float on the backhoe. used PTO for PHD and rotary for about 20 hours. no issues works great. I really like the hst and that it has a short wheelbase for maneuvering between trees. wish it had a 4wd light on dash, i forgot about it being in 4wd when i took it on the road. big complaint for me is the roll bar. i wish it folded in the middle, this one folds down at the bottom and only about 1 1/2 - 2 ft lower, need to do that to get into barn. good luck with the hunt.

/ 4035 HST trade in value #7  
I've never seen a Bowden (Teleflex) cable that didn't eventually have problem if not from the get go. Overall they just plain suck. They may be OK on a bicycle or lawnmower but IMHO they have no place on anything else, must less tractors and airplanes. I have some history on solving a problem with an airplane application but basically they just plain suck and should be avoided whenever possible, which is almost always. I hate the things.

/ 4035 HST trade in value #8  
I wouldn't take $14k for my 4035HST and I have more hours. I'd expect closer $18k for the tractor and loader, more if you have the backhoe that goes with it.