help with selling small tractor

/ help with selling small tractor #1  

raven2017

Tractor
Mahindra Max 24 HST
Can anyone tell me what would be a fair price to ask for a Mahindra Max 24 HST? It has 43.7 hours on it and is in excellent shape. It has always been in a building protected from sun and whether.
I have over $5000 in it. I financed it at a little over $17,000.
I have no idea how much to knock off for the 43.7 hours.
I tried to upload some pics of it but do not know if I did it correctly.

20170908_114257 - Copy.jpg20170908_114235.jpg20170908_114153 - Copy.jpg20170908_114633 - Copy.jpg20170908_114709 - Copy.jpg20170908_114824.jpg20170908_114312.jpg20170908_114421.jpg20170908_114746.jpg20170908_114327.jpg

/ help with selling small tractor #2  
To me it looks as clean as a new one on the lot. I would knock maybe 2 grand off and post on CL and see what happens. It would help if you had the 50 hour service done, otherwise the buyer is 1/2 day away from needing to do the complete fluid/filter swap for the 50 hours.

/ help with selling small tractor
I did have the 50 hour service done. I thought I put that in there. I have the invoice showing I did it. It was like $150. Should I upload my invoice showing the work I had done?
What is CL? Does it cost to list it there? If so, how much?
Thanks,
Raven2017

Last edited:
Does CL stand for classifieds? I would have that would have been CA for classified ads. Oh well, so I am a dummy. If it does not stand for classifieds, for what does it stand?
Thanks,
Raven2017

I have already listed it there, but I was afraid I might have not done it correctly. I could not find it after I listed it but I finally found it. I listed it at $15,500. I would rather keep it than lose anymore than that.
Thanks for your help.

CL = Craigslist -- craigslist > sites

Steve

/ help with selling small tractor #7  
What was the purchase date (warranty start date) and what was the warranty at the time you purchased?

You mention that it was $17,000 new (any taxes paid are not considered as part of the price) and your willing to go no lower than $15,500. So assuming that this is a year or less old, maybe you'll get a bite. But if it is a few years old, speaking for myself... I would go buy the new one on the lot for $17,000 with the Mahindra 7 year powertrain warranty rather than but a used one for $1,500 less that may have very little warranty left and low time on it.

Depending on the big picture, you may be high on your price expectations. Maybe not.

So when was the purchase date, what warranty remains?

/ help with selling small tractor #8  
What was the purchase date (warranty start date) and what was the warranty at the time you purchased?

You mention that it was $17,000 new (any taxes paid are not considered as part of the price) and your willing to go no lower than $15,500. So assuming that this is a year or less old, maybe you'll get a bite. But if it is a few years old, speaking for myself... I would go buy the new one on the lot for $17,000 with the Mahindra 7 year powertrain warranty rather than but a used one for $1,500 less that may have very little warranty left and low time on it.

Depending on the big picture, you may be high on your price expectations. Maybe not.

So when was the purchase date, what warranty remains?

Also consider the seasonal timing of the sale. I've been following used tractor sales since 2009. Prices seem to drop and supply rises in the fall. When you see tractor ads on TV they are rarely showing cold wet weather.

If you can sit on it until spring you may get more use out of it and a better price.

It seems most on Tractorhouse don't list price, but this one stands out:
2015 MAHINDRA MAX 24 at TractorHouse.com

We only have 3 of these units left, these are left over models. 24hp tractor with a loader capable of lifting 900lbs!!! This tractor is a capable of adding a 60" belly mower, a backhoe, snow blower or snow blade, and any category one 3 point attachment you would like to put on it. The tractor p...
For Sale Price: USD $13,900

That's a NEW old stock, probably w/ full warranty for $14K.

/edit -
And looking at CL in Hope, AR there's a 2015 Mahindra EMAX 25 HST, diesel, 25 hp, 4x4, 61 hrs, with loader & 60" belly mower ---
for $13,800, that's 10 hours more WITH BELLY MOWER for $1700 less than what you are asking. And a belly mower is an often sought attachment for a small tractor like yours.

Last edited:
   / help with selling small tractor #9  
Go back into CL and edit the ad. Change the title to depict the make and model along with the word tractor such as "Mahindra Max 24 HST Tractor". Copy and past some of what I gathered below for you, make it easy for prospective buyers.... I like how you explained your use and that the machine was not abused or used hard, keep that.

Link to your current ad. I would spend 10 minutes and add a bunch of the information I give you below, and absolutely change that title so that the make and model are in it.
Small Tractor - farm & garden - by owner - sale

Oh, and make a new paragraph at the bottom and list every tractor brand you know, every model number that you feel is similar to your unit and maybe type out a bunch of implement brands and names such as Woods, Brush Hog, Rotary Mower, Flail Mower, MMM, Mid Mount Mower, Massey Ferguson, John Deere, Kubota.... just keep on typing! The more the better. That way folks searching similar equipment will find your add. Otherwise, your add does not get near the exposure that it otherwise could.

Mention the in service date for warranty and what warranty remains. This is a selling point.
Mention that it has 45 hours on the clock, but that the 50 hour service has been completed and that the next service interval is 300 hours (verify this with your manual).
List out the machine specs, save the prospective buyer from having to do the leg work to learn about what you are selling.

MAHINDRA MAX 24 HST - $19,415 MSRP (Selling price $15,500 with 45 hours logged)
Max 24 4WD HST | Mahindra
Eco-friendly, Tier IV sub- and mid-compact tractor models offer added power, performance, and a good bit of backbone. Featuring a full-length tractor frame for ultimate strength and versatility, this tractor easily allows users to install a backhoe at anytime—plus an extensive range of attachments and implements to suit your specific workload, such as our drive-over mowing deck, snow blowers, blades, brooms, and the highest capacity loaders on the market.

Length - 104.1", Width - 50.7", Height - 81.5".
25.6HP 3 cylinder water cooled diesel rated at 2600 RPM.
Loader lift capacity 1402# at the pins with 2690# breakout force.
82.7" Loader lift height.
6.1 gal fuel tank.
Hi/Low range hydrostatic transmission.
Hydraulic power steering.
Category 1 3-point linkage with 2205# lift capacity.
Mid and Rear PTO with 20HP PTO HP.
1,863# Operating weight.
R4 Industrial Tires sized: Front 23x8.5-12 and Rear 12x16.5.

/ help with selling small tractor #10  
Can anyone tell me what would be a fair price to ask for a Mahindra Max 24 HST? It has 43.7 hours on it and is in excellent shape. It has always been in a building protected from sun and whether.
I have over $5000 in it. I financed it at a little over $17,000.
I have no idea how much to knock off for the 43.7 hours.
I tried to upload some pics of it but do not know if I did it correctly.

View attachment 522085View attachment 522084View attachment 522083View attachment 522086View attachment 522087View attachment 522092View attachment 522088View attachment 522090View attachment 522091View attachment 522089

I would guess (only a guess) that you will be keeping your Mahindra Max 24 HST at your firm price of $15,500.
You MAY be able to sell it for $13,000.