Mahindra 3016 Advice

/ Mahindra 3016 Advice #1  

nj1026rguy

Tractor
2012 JD 1026R
I am looking a purchasing a used 2011 3016 HST with loader and backhoe (500hrs). I currently have a JD 1026r and looking to upgrade to a larger machine with more loader lift capacity.

Eventually would like to add a grapple bucket as I am clearing about 8 acres of fallen timber and brush.

A few questions;

Does anyone have any experience with the loader capacity? Will I see a big difference between my JD?

Also, what would be a reasonable price to pay for this?

I appreciate your feedback and help.

/ Mahindra 3016 Advice #2  
The 3016 was rebranded the 15xx series. Most folks have been very happy with these Mitsubishi machines.
Here is the specs for the 3016. This website probably has the specs for your JD as well. The FEL on my 1538 has served me very well. I have a grapple, snow blade and forks for my machine. The FEL has been good- plenty of lift etc to carry logs, rocks etc.
The MSRP price is also listed on the link below. The deduction for used is probably offset by the BH. Anything near that would be fair in my opinion. It was my experience that finding a used machine that met my needs and was underpriced was near impossible- if I did find one the shipping ate up any savings. After a year of looking near daily I ended up buying new. Adding the BH into the equation only makes this worse- I'm guessing a BH is only on 1:100 sold.
Good luck- if the 3016 was treated right this will be a great machine!

TractorData.com Mahindra 316 tractor information

/ Mahindra 3016 Advice #3  
Does anyone have any experience with the loader capacity? Will I see a big difference between my JD?

I appreciate your feedback and help.

It will be a night and day difference. The oak stem in the picture weighs about 1700lbs. The same stem being walked over to the splitter just to show its length.

Attachments

• IMG_2106.jpg
    IMG_2106.jpg
    793.7 KB · Views: 406
  • PA123770.jpg
    PA123770.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 289
  • PA123772.jpg
    PA123772.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 194
   / Mahindra 3016 Advice
It will be a night and day difference. The oak stem in the picture weighs about 1700lbs. The same stem being walked over to the splitter just to show its length.

Thanks Arrow for the pictures. Firewood will be a major task for the tractor.

/ Mahindra 3016 Advice
Tractor 1.jpg

Any thoughts on what would be a reasonable offer? It has about 500 hours on it.

/ Mahindra 3016 Advice #6  
Don't know if this helps or not but I paid $24k for my new 3016 hst with loader and hoe in 2014. It has been a flawlessly running workhorse for me. I'm amazed at the lift capacity. When the 3016 was renumbered the 1526, people were searching all over the US for one. They are one of the best made tractors of all brands in that size range. If you feel good about the price, get it.

/ Mahindra 3016 Advice #7  
Good when buying, bad when selling but Mahindra's for a lot of little reasons, do not hold their value like Kubota. Look on Tractor House etc, and price down from there. 3016 is good tractor.

/ Mahindra 3016 Advice
Good when buying, bad when selling but Mahindra's for a lot of little reasons, do not hold their value like Kubota. Look on Tractor House etc, and price down from there. 3016 is good tractor.

Thanks Mike. I'm checked out tractor house and only found 1 that included the backhoe for $19.9k. Seems like the average for tractor and loader are around $13.5k. I'm thinking along the lines around $17k. Not sure if that's a lowball offer or not

/ Mahindra 3016 Advice
I'm also going to look at it Wed afternoon. Anything I should pay particular attention too?

/ Mahindra 3016 Advice #10  
Wiggle and try all the mechanical stuff.Take look underneath, operate it for 15 minutes. Try diff Lock.
Fluids, service records? Sniff oils. Look at filters.

Electrical Check battery for the sulfuric acid build up. Turn everything on off. check for loose damaged wiring, especially seat switch.

Is it pink yet?