Used 4035 HST TLB.

/ Used 4035 HST TLB. #1  

Wellarmedlamb

Bronze Member
Tractor
none yet
I've posted in other forums on tbn. Looking for a CUT to finish the work that my new-to-me house needs. Digging stumps, creating new driveway 300' through forest, grading around the house, creating a yard, building pole building(s), plowing snow, etc.

Due to my list of wants I decided on a Kioti nx4510 but would prefer a smaller pricetag.

Just found a 2013 4035 HST TLB with 377 hours. Dented his but otherwise good (supposedly). Asking $23,000. That's $10,000 saved over the new Kioti but no warranty and a higher rate, shorter term finance I'm sure.

Thoughts, suggestions, personal experience with this tractor? Cold start reliability (snow plowing)?

Looks super beefy and I really like the look of the larger front tires.

Its rated as weighing 4000# but is that with it without the FEL? important because I need to be able to record it (rarely). TLB needs to be 7000# +/-.

Thanks!

/ Used 4035 HST TLB. #3  
I've posted in other forums on tbn. Looking for a CUT to finish the work that my new-to-me house needs. Digging stumps, creating new driveway 300' through forest, grading around the house, creating a yard, building pole building(s), plowing snow, etc.

Due to my list of wants I decided on a Kioti nx4510 but would prefer a smaller pricetag.

Just found a 2013 4035 HST TLB with 377 hours. Dented his but otherwise good (supposedly). Asking $23,000. That's $10,000 saved over the new Kioti but no warranty and a higher rate, shorter term finance I'm sure.

Thoughts, suggestions, personal experience with this tractor? Cold start reliability (snow plowing)?

Its rated as weighing 4000# but is that with it without the FEL? important because I need to be able to record it (rarely). TLB needs to be 7000# +/-.

Thanks!

I love my 4035. I bought mine 2 years ago. Or was it 3? Bought mine used as well with 700 hrs on it. The thing is a beast. I continue to be impressed with the jobs it can handle.

/ Used 4035 HST TLB. #4  
If it has a few dents that means it was used but if it has a lot of dents and scrapes it might have been abused. Just go over it real good, can’t comment on hydro drive as I have a 4035 gear model and I am happy with it.

/ Used 4035 HST TLB.
I would assume someone rolled something down the loader arms to cause the dented hood. Otherwise it looks clean.

Thanks for the input! Seems that anyone I've talked to or read really liked(s) their 4035.

/ Used 4035 HST TLB. #6  
Done that myself more than once. With low hours and if everything works as should you will be happy. I don’t know the value because I’ve not checked into it and not planning to. Good luck I hope it all turns out the way you want. Keep us posted.

/ Used 4035 HST TLB. #7  
Bought mine new and have over 500 hours on it, mostly moving earth, rocks, and trees. Starts fine from -10F up to 100+. I have AG tires on mine, loaded with fluid. With the tractor and loader, mine weighs in at about 6800LBS.

If I had to nitpick, the KSB timer/cold start assist kicks off too soon. As a cold start assist, the 4035 has a KSB timer that advances the timing of the engine for the first 20 minutes of running. After 20 minutes the KSB timer kicks off and the timing retards slightly. It seems to takes longer than 20 minutes to get the engine fully warmed when it is cold out. On cold days and at low RPM, the engine can stall when it kicks off. When it doesn't stall, it will sometimes run rough. Turning the engine off and back on restarts the KSB timer for another 20 minutes. By the time the KSB kicks off a second time things are warm enough it runs normally.

/ Used 4035 HST TLB. #8  

Thanks!

My 3550, without backhoe, and with loader arms but without bucket, weighs 6300. Tires are filled with air.

My machine is slightly larger than the one you are looking at, but pretty close. Backhoe probably adds around 1500. Factory bucket is probably around 300.

Mine has a different motor (common rail injection), and starts very reliably down to 5 degrees or so - which is about the coldest I've tried. It is very cold blooded though - especially the transmission. So don't expect full power until it warms up a bit.

I think I have 950 hours or so on my machine - purchased in 2014.

/ Used 4035 HST TLB. #9  
Not sure about and changes with the 5035>3550 when the model numbering changed, but the 4035 didn't change when the model number was changed to 3540. When I got my 4035, it and the 5035 were the same tractor except the 5035 was tuned for the extra 10HP, it had larger tires, and was outfitted with a larger loader and backhoe. All the sheet metal, controls, and mechanicals were the same.