Price Check Parts Pricing

/ Parts Pricing #1  

ranchito

Tractor
Mahindra
Recently I discovered 5 loose and 1 broken bolt on my 1533 and ordered replacements from the dealer. The broken bolt is unique as it has a longer shank to function as a dowel pin for casting alignment, but the other 5 are nothing special. I decided to replace all six. I waited over a month to receive these parts and was shocked to find my dealer charging $12 each for the 5 and $17 for the special bolt. Ironically, I paid $17.36 for an oil filter which seems fair. Thankfully I don't earn a living with this machine, because waiting over a month for 6 bolts is just ridiculous. I guess I need to shop another dealer for parts in the future. Venting finished. Happy Thanksgiving

/ Parts Pricing #2  
If you know the specs of those bolts you may be able to find them online. I purchased 2-12mm and 6-14mm bolts for my Chevy 2500 in order to lower the nerf bars. The 14mm were 8" and the 12mm were 5". I got them through bolt depot. They were not cheap. Around $50.

/ Parts Pricing #3  
Recently I discovered 5 loose and 1 broken bolt on my 1533 and ordered replacements from the dealer. The broken bolt is unique as it has a longer shank to function as a dowel pin for casting alignment, but the other 5 are nothing special. I decided to replace all six. I waited over a month to receive these parts and was shocked to find my dealer charging $12 each for the 5 and $17 for the special bolt. Ironically, I paid $17.36 for an oil filter which seems fair. Thankfully I don't earn a living with this machine, because waiting over a month for 6 bolts is just ridiculous. I guess I need to shop another dealer for parts in the future. Venting finished. Happy Thanksgiving

Where did the bolts go?

/ Parts Pricing
These are the 6 bolts that attach the front final drive to the axle housing.
1948318000 and 19483157000

/ Parts Pricing #5  
Hmmm if I’m understanding correctly I had the exact same issue- found one broken. The broken one still had the head and someone had marked it with white paint. It’s like the factory broke it, marked it and never fixed it. I just torqued the 5 others and used a bolt I had. I’m over the top in that I have a bunch of Lawson bins with hardware.

/ Parts Pricing #6  
I'm curious how those are getting broken. Seems like you would have to spin the castings to fracture them, like hitting something with a front wheel?

/ Parts Pricing #7  
My guess is an out of adjustment torque wrench on the assembly line

/ Parts Pricing
I asked the same question as I haven't found another bolt loose on the machine except for the backhoe mounting bolts, but those were installed by the dealer. After the 5 "regular" bolts were loose, there would be excessive shear on the alignment bolt, which has a smaller head than the rest for identification. I thought that these may have been overlooked by the guy with the torque wrench, or snapped by an incorrect torque wrench. It is amazing that the broken shank stayed in place for 200 hours until the other 5 bolts loosened enough to fail a visual inspection. I failed to mention that the removal of the broken bolt required the removal of the final drive and tie rod. The tie rod stud was also loose leading me to believe that the assembler was having a bad day. Good news was the broken bolt turned out by prodding with a small punch and there was no damage to the tapered hole for the tie rod end. None of this excuses my dealer or the parts distribution network for a November 2 delivery for an order placed on September 26. I'm sure more than a few of you guys earn a living with your tractors. I suspect the terrible service is squarely on my dealer and not corporate as I have had long wait times for filters that should be stock items.

/ Parts Pricing #9  
Wow almost the same presentation!!! Mine spun out with a left hand drill bit. I guess I got lucky. I just did a video that references the repair. I’ll get it on YouTube at some point.

/ Parts Pricing
Wow almost the same presentation!!! Mine spun out with a left hand drill bit. I guess I got lucky. I just did a video that references the repair. I’ll get it on YouTube at some point.

Dang, I wish I had thought of the left hand drill bits, but at least the removal allowed me to inspect the o-ring seal. Never had those drills when I used to work on heavy equipment back in the stone age. Had easy outs which seldom proved to be easy. Wonder where they got that name? Aside from this one issue, I have nothing but good experiences with this tractor.