New 2638

/ New 2638 #1  

Gov23

Tractor
Kubota L3301
Has anyone heard when the new 2638 will be on dealer lots. I think it will be one I want to look at. It seems like the new suspension seat and loader controls moved to the fenders will be nice improvements.

Also, has anyone actually looked at a 2638? Any opinions are welcome!

Last edited:
   / New 2638 #2  
I was just on the Mahindra website last night and although they have done some work to the site, it still leaves much to be desired. When I clicked on info for the 2638, the pdf of the 2538 printed brochure loaded up.

/ New 2638
I agree that the Mahindra site isn’t great. I was considering a 2538 but the new 2638 looks to be replacing it with just a couple nice improvements. Of course it’s hard to tell based on their site.

/ New 2638 #4  
My dealer says he will have one in about a week. I am waiting to see the 2655 cabbed tractor

/ New 2638 #5  
I agree that the Mahindra site isn’t great. I was considering a 2538 but the new 2638 looks to be replacing it with just a couple nice improvements. Of course it’s hard to tell based on their site.

Mahindra puts about as much effort into their website as they do their service documentation and that ain't much. Some higher up at Mahindra with some pointy toed boots could put both right without too much effort.

/ New 2638 #6  
2638 HST | Mahindra

Here is the brochure. This tractor is essentially the same as my 2015 model 2538, but with the suspension seat standard and the loader controls moved as mentioned by Gov23. I had a suspension seat from a 2540 swapped back when I purchased mine and it was a great upgrade, so this move by Mahindra was overdue in my opinion. Also had a cruise control unit installed. Maybe this new one has that too.

I also need to get that cool new cupholder to keep up with the times. :p

Bottom line - go look at all the 2538 reviews if you want info on the 2638. It is a GREAT tractor! If I am missing anything I will be interested to hear what else has changed.

One thing I like about the forward mounted loader controls on my old 2538 is that I often stand up to get a better view of what I am grappling. In these instances the forward control is accessible. It is one of the reasons I went with the 2538 instead of the 1538. If you have a lot of grapple work to do with a possible need to see what is happening right in front of the tractor you might test out both machines before buying. You might in fact like the 2538 location after all. (And don't worry about the skinny knob on the control since the third function switch/handle combo is much beefier if you go that route.)

/ New 2638 #7  
Does not seem to be enough changes to require a number change. It’s about time Mahindra went away from the high mounted loader controls. It should make it easier to get off and on that side much easier.

Last edited:
   / New 2638 #8  
Has anyone heard when the new 2638 will be on dealer lots. I think it will be one I want to look at. It seems like the new suspension seat and loader controls moved to the fenders will be nice improvements.

Also, has anyone actually looked at a 2638? Any opinions are welcome!

We just got in our first 2638, I like the new seat and joystick placement. Here are a few quick pics of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1452.jpg
    IMG_1452.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 935
  • IMG_1479.jpg
    IMG_1479.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 770
  • IMG_1481.jpg
    IMG_1481.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 490
   / New 2638
We just got in our first 2638, I like the new seat and joystick placement. Here are a few quick pics of it.

Thanks for the pics! My local dealer has just advised that they got one in this week. I’m waiting on a price and will try to get in to see it next week. Are there any other changes from the 2538 that you noticed?

/ New 2638 #10  

Did they change anything with the drivetrain or did they just change the seat, joystick, grill, cupholder, and tool box? Did they have to change anything for emissions standards?

Thanks