1500 / 2500 / 2600 - No mid-mower w/ backhoe?

/ 1500 / 2500 / 2600 - No mid-mower w/ backhoe? #1  

LMychajluk

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE
I was at a dealer yesterday looking mostly at the 1526 / 1533, and he said that he didn't think you could get a mid-mower along with the backhoe because of the way the subframe was mounted. Can anyone confirm or renounce this for any of the 1500, 2500, 2600, or upcoming 1600? I thought I saw pics of this, but now I can only find the Max 26XL in this configuration. The Mahindra builder website doesn't seem to think a mid-mower exists for any model other than the Max 26XL as well.

I kinda prefer the belly mower, and if this isn't an option with something in the 25-30hp range @ the PTO, I may have to look a little harder at the JD 2-series.

Thanks!

/ 1500 / 2500 / 2600 - No mid-mower w/ backhoe? #2  
1500 series can have a MMM. It requires the mower and the mid PTO. You dealer is mistaken. I believe the 2500 can have a mid PTO as well but I’m not 100%.

Most with experience in this area don’t go with a MMM on that sized machine. The way to go is to buy a separate zero turn mower for finish type lawns or a PTO mower if it’s just rough mowing. Trip around on TBN- too many down sides to a MMM on that size machine. Plus, typically a zero turn is cheaper when it’s all said and done.

/ 1500 / 2500 / 2600 - No mid-mower w/ backhoe?
Thanks for the reply. But just to confirm, that's with the backhoe subframe attached, right?

We already have a nice Simplicity riding mower that does the mowing job, but what we don't have is room in the garages for multiple machines. As it is, we need make room for a tractor (and a couple of implements) by getting rid of an older mower that we only keep around if we have to brush hog, a few other tools that we don't really use, and a '78 Chrysler. If a new tractor can 'do it all' (mowing and lawn care, tree/brush cleanup, some landscaping / gardening), all the better. On the ~2 acres or so that need mowing (lawn, not just field), there are a lot of trees, planters, etc.... that need to maneuvered around, and I think that'll just be easier to do w/ a belly mower than a 3pt, but I'll do a little more research on it. As is, though, I think going to a 60"+ deck from the 50" on the Simplicity might be a little unwieldy, but it may also be hard to justify the cost of a new machine if it doesn't also mow.

/ 1500 / 2500 / 2600 - No mid-mower w/ backhoe? #4  
The Kubota BX25 has a BH and MM Mower combo - and there are a lot of attachments available too.

As others have said a decent zero turn starts about $3500 and you will have a faster / better mowing experience. You still need to store the mower in the winter if using for snow so space consumption would be similar - unless you store the mower deck vertically on a rack/dolly setup.

I did that with my snowblower and BH - made two rolling dollies when the BH comes off onto a dolly the blower can go on - the benefit you can roll them into tight spaces.

/ 1500 / 2500 / 2600 - No mid-mower w/ backhoe? #5  
No clue if this will work with the BH subframe. Using a tractor that size to finish mow is going to tear the lawn- especially if you are turning around a bunch of trees.
To be blunt I don’t see your plan working out the way you want. But that’s just one person’s opinion. Maybe others have had different results?

No clue if this will work with the BH subframe. Using a tractor that size to finish mow is going to tear the lawn- especially if you are turning around a bunch of trees.
To be blunt I don’t see your plan working out the way you want. But that’s just one person’s opinion. Maybe others have had different results?

You may have a point there. It's not a perfectly manicured lawn, but it's grass, not just a mowed field, and I've put some work into making it look as nice as possible with the limited time I've been able to give it. I'd be interested to see what others say as well, particularly owners of Mahindra 1500/2500 series or JD 2-series CUTS. FWIW, I was planning on R4 tires and not turf tires since I may be working in the woods a bit. I don't think any areas of my property are muddy enough to warrant Agri tires.

/ 1500 / 2500 / 2600 - No mid-mower w/ backhoe? #7  
You may have a point there. It's not a perfectly manicured lawn, but it's grass, not just a mowed field, and I've put some work into making it look as nice as possible with the limited time I've been able to give it. I'd be interested to see what others say as well, particularly owners of Mahindra 1500/2500 series or JD 2-series CUTS. FWIW, I was planning on R4 tires and not turf tires since I may be working in the woods a bit. I don't think any areas of my property are muddy enough to warrant Agri tires.

My opinion is based on owning a Mahindra 1538 with R4 tires. I have a large area I seeded and if I drive over it more than once it leaves dead grass tracks from soil compaction along with obvious direct damage to the grass. I wouldn’t dare drive over it weekly to mow.

Bump for my original question - Does anyone know for sure if any of the 1500/1600 or 2500/2600 series are available with the mid-mower and a backhoe?

You guys have given me some things to think about, so I'm not sure I'll actually get the mid-mower, but I'd still like to know if it's at least an option. I think I'd be OK with a either our existing riding mower or a zero-turn just for mowing and a CUT for other chores, but my brother is still keen on getting a deck if we buy a new tractor. He thinks it will be 'faster' to mow w/ a 60"-72" deck, but I'm not sure he's thought through all the ramifications that come along with a larger deck on a larger machine (some of which have been pointed out above).

Thanks again!

/ 1500 / 2500 / 2600 - No mid-mower w/ backhoe? #9  
I’ll bump this. But I’ve never seen or heard of anyone on here putting a MMM on that sized machine- let alone with a BH. That may be a dealer or call to Mahindra USA question.

Got a confirmation from the dealer that a backhoe / MMM is not doable on the 1500s. Now that I think about it, I forgot to ask if you can still get the mid-PTO with the backhoe (in case you still want to drive a snowblower or something). That's OK...just means I need to make more room in the garage. Honestly, I'm OK with having a separate mowing machine, but my brother keeps asking.

BTW, @RNeuman - the 1538 (along with the 1533) is the large-frame in the 1500 series. It's over 700# more than the 1526. That's why I'm curious to see the specs on the upcoming 1635 - it supposedly is a 35hp on the same frame as the 1526. I just know I'm going to find an implement that I'm going to want right after I get it home that needs just a little more than the 20hp at the PTO...