Quoted Price Check Max 26XL

/ Quoted Price Check Max 26XL #1  

JBart

Tractor
None yet.
Hi all! This is my first post here and after reading for most of the day I feel like I can confidently post a question about the quote I currently have on a new 2018 Max 26XL. The package I have put together with the local dealer includes a Woods BH65 which is already installed on the machine (he says he took $500 off the Mahindra price as it was a special order that never got picked up) The rest of the package is FEL, rear 72" finish mower, Third Function installed, grapple, mechanical thumb (Woods), and tire chains. Quoted at 30K even. This is my first tractor purchase and I don't want to get the short end of the stick.... As an aside, does anyone know if the 2018 Max's come with a suspension seat standard? I didn't know about that until I spent most of the day reading posts here. Thanks All!

John

/ Quoted Price Check Max 26XL #2  
It’s been a few years since I was in the market but that seems like a lot. Do you have a breakdown? Does that include tax and delivery?

My SWAG from memory is the machine is 15ish, loader and BH are another 5ish each. I’m trying to figure out how it got to 30k. Again this is all rough memory but my 1538 with loader, 4 implements, hydraulic top, tilt and 3rd function was about 30k...no tax, no delivery.

/ Quoted Price Check Max 26XL
It’s been a few years since I was in the market but that seems like a lot. Do you have a breakdown? Does that include tax and delivery?

My SWAG from memory is the machine is 15ish, loader and BH are another 5ish each. I’m trying to figure out how it got to 30k. Again this is all rough memory but my 1538 with loader, 4 implements, hydraulic top, tilt and 3rd function was about 30k...no tax, no delivery.

The breakdown goes like this: Tractor with FEL and Woods BH with 72" Finish Mower - $26,000. Add Woods thumb - $500. Add 3rd Function installed and Grapple - $3250. Add Tire Chains - $250. Delivery Included. Taxes are not included in my numbers.

I thought it seemed a little high after reading through the forums but no one seems to mention pricing on a Mahindra Grapple and 3rd function, at least, not where I was looking.

/ Quoted Price Check Max 26XL #4  
The breakdown goes like this: Tractor with FEL and Woods BH with 72" Finish Mower - $26,000. Add Woods thumb - $500. Add 3rd Function installed and Grapple - $3250. Add Tire Chains - $250. Delivery Included. Taxes are not included in my numbers.

I thought it seemed a little high after reading through the forums but no one seems to mention pricing on a Mahindra Grapple and 3rd function, at least, not where I was looking.

About a year and half ago I could have got a 1533 with a land leveler, rear blade, forks and the FEL/bucket for around 22-23k, it was new old stock (year old). I bought a used JD for 24k instead.

So my question would be, do you need all that?

What do you plan to do with the tractor?

My buddy bought a 2013 Max 28XL for 14k with 300 hours on it, it came with FEL, Mahindra 60in MMM and backhoe. He loves that little tractor, he has had it over a year now and uses the backhoe and loader all the time.

About a year and half ago I could have got a 1533 with a land leveler, rear blade, forks and the FEL/bucket for around 22-23k, it was new old stock (year old). I bought a used JD for 24k instead.

So my question would be, do you need all that?

What do you plan to do with the tractor?

My buddy bought a 2013 Max 28XL for 14k with 300 hours on it, it came with FEL, Mahindra 60in MMM and backhoe. He loves that little tractor, he has had it over a year now and uses the backhoe and loader all the time.

We bought a 4 acre property, 1.5 house and sloped to steep lawn, .75 acre 'pond' which is really a wetland situation that we'd like to transition to a swimming pond (not with the Max), and the rest wooded. There are about 20-30 felled and limbed hardwood trees stacked here and there around the property which I will cut into smaller logs to transport to the splitter up the hill for firewood. We've got about a dozen or so stumps I's like to remove from the yard area, some rocks in the lawn we'd like to clear out, lots of brush to clear and burn, firewood to haul, and snow to push/plow out of the 800' driveway. Also, eventually, after we watch a pro do it once, I'll be adding a box to grate the gravel driveway in the spring and so on.... I'm in no rush so I don't feel like I need a machine that will get all of this done in one season or even three.... we've got time. And I like to tool around with my toys.

EDIT: And I am a fan of 'NEW' just because....

Thanks void! Happy to be here and gain the collective knowledge of 'those that know!'

/ Quoted Price Check Max 26XL #8  

I have the grapple and third function. Am I crazy or are the Mahindra grapples like $1200 and Mahindra 3rd Function is a diverter valve and switch that is about $250 in parts? Maybe it’s the belly mower that’s jacking the price?

I guess it’s easy enough to get another quote from a neighboring dealer.

I have the grapple and third function. Am I crazy or are the Mahindra grapples like $1200 and Mahindra 3rd Function is a diverter valve and switch that is about $250 in parts? Maybe it’s the belly mower that’s jacking the price?

I guess it’s easy enough to get another quote from a neighboring dealer.

All i can tell you is what my local deal quoted me. As stated above, $3250 for the grapple and third function. I've also read about how the Mahindra third function is really only a diverter valve. I asked the dealer specifically if it was a diverter oer true third function and he told me its a true third function. I am obviously new to all of this but I have done my research. But I'm not sure what to believe. My finishing mower is a rear mount, not a MMM. So that can't be a price boost.

This dealer is 5 miles down the road from me and that's important to me as a noob to tractors. He talked up the fact that he could send his guys to my place for repairs for no added cost, etc... as opposed to having me trailer the machine into the shop. The is not another dealer within 40-50 miles. He's been in business for 32 years and I don't think he's oing anywhere. So, there's that. But I dunno... I do feel that the price is still a bit high.

/ Quoted Price Check Max 26XL #10  
We bought a 4 acre property, 1.5 house and sloped to steep lawn, .75 acre 'pond' which is really a wetland situation that we'd like to transition to a swimming pond (not with the Max), and the rest wooded. There are about 20-30 felled and limbed hardwood trees stacked here and there around the property which I will cut into smaller logs to transport to the splitter up the hill for firewood. We've got about a dozen or so stumps I's like to remove from the yard area, some rocks in the lawn we'd like to clear out, lots of brush to clear and burn, firewood to haul, and snow to push/plow out of the 800' driveway. Also, eventually, after we watch a pro do it once, I'll be adding a box to grate the gravel driveway in the spring and so on.... I'm in no rush so I don't feel like I need a machine that will get all of this done in one season or even three.... we've got time. And I like to tool around with my toys.

EDIT: And I am a fan of 'NEW' just because....

Nothing wrong with new, new is great when you can afford it.

How much experience do you have with tractors? SCUT and CUTs aren’t dozers, the FEL usually doesn’t lift as much as new owners expect, I see it a lot and they trade up for a larger machine.

26 Max is a great property maintain size, it’s great to move and haul materials, the BH is very capable and digs a nice 6ft hole. I would be concerned with wanting to drag logs.

Land levelers are great for existing driveways, they do great behind smaller, lighter tractors because they don’t drag hard like a box blade. Box blades are better for breaking new ground or hard packed digging, land plane is not good with hard packed material. That being said I’m in the market for a box blade, I have way more use for one than I do land plane.