Mahindra 2565 Shuttle Cab?

/ Mahindra 2565 Shuttle Cab? #1  

rockinbbar

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland Powerstar 120, Powerstar 75, New Holland c245
Anyone own one, or use one?

I have a 45hp cab tractor that my brother wants to buy, and am thinking of stepping up in HP a bit.

Thanks in advance for any input.

/ Mahindra 2565 Shuttle Cab? #2  
I test drove one when before I bought my 2655 HST Cab. I just preferred the HST over the shuttle.

/ Mahindra 2565 Shuttle Cab?
I have a shuttle shift Mahindra now. For what I do, I would rather have the shuttle. My Case 95c has a power shuttle as well.

Main reason is I road my tractors some, and really prefer a throttle to run for hours on end shredding, etc.

/ Mahindra 2565 Shuttle Cab? #4  
I think there were a couple owners that were having issues with the hydraulic oil overheating when running a shredder for hours. I know some had the 2555 not to sure if the 2565 had the same issue.

I think there were a couple owners that were having issues with the hydraulic oil overheating when running a shredder for hours. I know some had the 2555 not to sure if the 2565 had the same issue.

Thanks Btown. I'll find out about that.

/ Mahindra 2565 Shuttle Cab? #6  
I have had a 2565 for a little over 2 years now & I highly recommend them! They are impressive machines! My son who runs equipment for a living is really impressed by the size of green trees I can push over with it. The loaders are strong & capable of almost anything you want to move with it.

Only trouble I have had is mostly being green when it comes to tractors, however about 11 months in the idler for the AC belt burned up & somehow made the system loose pressure, it was fixed under warranty! About a month ago i was clearing some woods for a barn, when I ran over a stump & it snagged the oil filter. It didn't puncture it, but kicked it to the side & broke the seal at the base which pumped almost all of the oil out. Good thing my son was watching & got me stopped before any damage was done to the engine! I plan on constructing a drag pan for the filters on the bottom & wiring an alarm into the circuit for the critical lights on the dash so it will alert me to a potential problem so I can do clearing without my son around.

I have not experienced any issues with the hydraulic oil heating up & I run her pretty hard. If you have any more questions or concerns I'd be glad to help you out any way I can! You can just message me & I'll give you my phone number if you want to talk directly!

Mr. Stovall, that was excellent information! Thank you.

I'd heard of the oil filter snafu from a dealer down here. I plan to put a skid plate down there to help with that.

Shredding down here in summer, you have to keep an eye on the radiators. On my 45hp Mahindra, I have to stop every couple hours and blow out the radiator. When the temp starts rising, I blow it out, and runs cooler again. I wonder if some issues people have aren't related to that, with the overheating?

On my other tractor, a Case 95c, I hardly ever have issues with that. Probably blow it out every couple weeks.

I'm sure I'll probably have to tint the cab windows in the 2565 to give the a/c a boost as well, if my 45hp is any indicator.

I may take you up on the more info offer once I get further into this purchase.

Have a good weekend!