3550 price and info needed

/ 3550 price and info needed #1  

HK45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti nx6010 loader backhoe
Looking at tradeing in my kioti tractor for a 3550 cab hst loader backhoe. What's a good price on this setup? Seems like most dealers in pa are around the 51-52 thousand mark. Also if you have one do you like it,what issues have you had with it? I seen some of the post with the heating up issues, has that been resolved? I would be giving up a kioti nx6010? Seems like the 3550 is less hp then my kioti but overall seems to be more of a utility machine and heavier. Also how is the backhoe setup? My kioti backhoe sucks. It's seems to small for the machine it on. Thanks you for any input

Last edited:
   / 3550 price and info needed #2  
Looking at tradeing in my kioti tractor for a 3550 cab hst loader backhoe. What's a good price on this setup? Seems like most dealers in pa are around the 51-52 thousand mark. Also if you have one do you like it,what issues have you had with it? I seen some of the post with the heating up issues, has that been resolved? I would be giving up a kioti nx6010? Seems like the 3550 is less hp then my kioti but overall seems to be more of a utility machine and heavier. Also how is the backhoe setup? My kioti backhoe sucks. It's seems to small for the machine it on. Thanks you for any input

I have a 3550 ROPS - no cab. I bought mine financed, brand new in 2014. I had options for a second hydraulic remote on the rear and 3rd function on the loader. I didn't buy the backhoe with the machine. If I remember correctly, total price was around 40k with tax. So the price of low 50s sounds about right with a backhoe and cab.

I bought a 75B backhoe a couple years after getting the machine. It's pretty capable for its size - I've been pretty happy with how it performs. It won't out-dig my neighbors Deere 410 though. For some things, it's better, because the machine is so nimble. That being said, you can't get a 75B backhoe I believe, they moved to a 65B, which is somewhat smaller.

Mine had issues with limp mode, overcooling, and a tank collapse on a couple occasions due to a faulty vent cap. All issues that have been solved on my machine and others going forward. I have 760 hours I think, and it's been pretty trouble free once the initial bugs were worked out.

My machine weighs 6300 pounds (on a scale) with the loader, and no bucket. It does not have loaded tires.

I have to ask - it seems the 3550 and Kioti are more the same than different. I bet you'll take a pretty big financial hit. Why change?

/ 3550 price and info needed
Lots issues with my machine. The 3550 seems like a beefier machine. Yes I will probably take a big hit. Also m dealer is over an hour away and I'm sick of deiving that far. I have a mahindra dealer 10 min from my house

/ 3550 price and info needed #4  

I bought my 3550 last year. It's a ROPS unit with the 75B backhoe. Paid a little less than 42k for the whole thing with loader, backhoe, mechanical thumb, and scrape blade. I really haven't any issues with mine short of lose bolt issues. The tractor is a beast when it comes to getting work done. It's very heavy, my tires are loaded, so ground engaging activities and loader work is really good with it. I bought a 3rd function kit and grapple from everything attachments for it. I really haven't found anything I can't do with the backhoe that a reasonable person wouldn't attempt. I've dug many stumps with it and have lots of ditching to do this summer.

/ 3550 price and info needed
So you can still get the 75b backhoe? I would like the bigger backhoe.

/ 3550 price and info needed #6  
So you can still get the 75b backhoe? I would like the bigger backhoe.

It's still listed as available on the 5500 series - so you should be able to get it on the 3550 (at additional cost). I was facing this same situation when ordering my 2555 hst in March of 2017. My dealer was able to find the 75B hoe and install it on my 2555 (instead of accepting the 65B). Glad I did it. Stick to your guns - the 75B is a heck of a backhoe! Good luck.