Price Check Price Check:

/ Price Check: #1  

arthurb

Silver Member
Tractor
Toro WH 520XI
Here's what my local Mahindra dealer, in northeastern Ohio, price quotes are: 2015-$10,000.00
2015HST-$11,500.00
2415-$11,200.00
2415HST-$12,200.00

This is just for the tractor, no attachments included with the price. Do these prices seem reasonable?

/ Price Check: #2  
Arthurb,

I'm in upstate New York, (20 miles west of Albany). I just bought my 2006Mahindra 2015 4WD (gear) in early November. My price was $11,000 including the loader, filled tires, and delivered to my front door, (45 miles from the dealer).

I think those prices are pretty reasonable, but I'm sure there's some room to negotiate for the extras.

/ Price Check: #3  
Is that how you want the tractor?
Do you need a loader?
What will you be using it for?

/ Price Check:
My main purpose would be to cut 3 acres of grass on flat ground and snow removal from a 20'x80' stone driveway. I already have a good walk behind snow thrower that I bought last October. I would probably just need a 60" rear blade for help with the snow removal.

I would like to use a 60" RFM. A FEL would be nice for help with the snow removal. Other than that, my uses for a FEL would be very minimal. I can't justify the extra cost and storage space for the FEL. Only if the entire package deal is in my price range, then I would purchase a FEL.

/ Price Check: #5  
arthurb said:
My main purpose would be to cut 3 acres of grass on flat ground and snow removal from a 20'x80' stone driveway. I already have a good walk behind snow thrower that I bought last October. I would probably just need a 60" rear blade for help with the snow removal.

I would like to use a 60" RFM. A FEL would be nice for help with the snow removal. Other than that, my uses for a FEL would be very minimal. I can't justify the extra cost and storage space for the FEL. Only if the entire package deal is in my price range, then I would purchase a FEL.

Get the loader. You will find a million uses for it. That is the one thing you would regret not getting.

/ Price Check: #6  
Today in conversation I got a ballpark of 14,000 for 2415HST with 4' bucket and a 60" mid mount mower. I have asked for a quote with above plus some extras. South East Vermont.

/ Price Check: #7  
Welcome Wotalota.

/ Price Check: #9  
HangtownMatt said:
WOTALOTA,

What make and model was the mid-mount mower?

It was a Mahindra 60". The discussion was informal and will be tightened up when I get the quote but I think I understood correctly.

/ Price Check: #10  
rback33 said:
Get the loader. You will find a million uses for it. That is the one thing you would regret not getting.

I'm with rback33. If I didn't have the FEL my tractor would be of very little use. It is the best motorized wheelbarrow I know of and the older I get, use it for more and more things. I'd rather plow the snow with the loader, which I have done in Maine on a good sized driveway for 9-10 years, than stand behind a snowblower covered with blown snow from head to toe. My .02.