New Line of Mahindra Implements

/ New Line of Mahindra Implements #2  
   / New Line of Mahindra Implements
rvaitor said:
Looks like Kodiak to me - good equipment I've heard.
KODIAK MFG., Inc.
I'll have to call around and see if any of the nearby Mahindra dealers are starting to stock these. I might be persuaded to go for their HD box blade and an HD rake! I mean, what the heck? :) I'll get to be the first to write a report! :D

Dougster

/ New Line of Mahindra Implements #4  
Dougster said:
I'll have to call around and see if any of the nearby Mahindra dealers are starting to stock these. I might be persuaded to go for their HD box blade and an HD rake! I mean, what the heck? :) I'll get to be the first to write a report! :D

Dougster

I'd check out Midwest on the box blade. A lot more metal than the Mahindra ones. I was kinda dissapointed in the Mahindra box blades but the regular blades look decent.

I think Midwest is in southern Illinois. I've got an 8 footer that I run on the 6500 and it can really move some earth.

/ New Line of Mahindra Implements
Tim_in_IA said:
I'd check out Midwest on the box blade. A lot more metal than the Mahindra ones. I was kinda dissapointed in the Mahindra box blades but the regular blades look decent. I think Midwest is in southern Illinois. I've got an 8 footer that I run on the 6500 and it can really move some earth.
When you live in New England, anything to do with tractors comes from somewhere else! :rolleyes: That much is a given!

I've been looking around. I must say that the main difference between brands has been the amount of weathering and rust to contend with rather than any material differences in design or design strength... at least within my limited price range. In other words, how the heck long have some of these crazy things been sitting here? Why no demand for this brand or product? What's up with that? :confused:

Seems everything around here looks like it has been sitting in someone's "back 40" for 17 years... with very few exceptions. To some extent, I realize that shouldn't matter... but corrosion never sleeps. :eek: I do not need corrosion-related failures in what's supposed to be a brand new (or at least unused) piece of equipment. :( There is also a bit of a marketing aspect. It's good to show up with reasonably decent looking equipment regardless of brand. :cool:

That all being said, I don't think there's a tremendous amount of difference in build quality within my limited price range on these particular items. I need the best bang for the buck. Whatever gets me there I'll take... and if it happens to be Mahindra Red, what the heck! :) No other agenda or brand name status for this dirt poor forced early retiree!!! :eek:

Of course when we start talking tillers and bush-hogs, that's a whole 'nother matter... but it doesn't look like Mahindra is there yet with product.

Dougster

/ New Line of Mahindra Implements #6  
Somewhat off topic, can anyone tell me how to disconnect the loader from my
Mahindra 6500 4WD ML265 Loader, I just bought it used, and haven't figured it out yet. Thanks, Doug

/ New Line of Mahindra Implements #7  
Somewhat off topic, can anyone tell me how to disconnect the loader from my
Mahindra 6500 4WD ML265 Loader, I just bought it used, and haven't figured it out yet. Thanks, Doug[/QU you need to set your loader as level as possible get your stands on of course after you get it set down pull your pins out your gonna have to wiggle your bucket up and down the loader arms will pop free from the mounting arms i know it sounds like nothin to it but once you do it several times thats really all there is to it the first time i took mine off i thought i was gonna have a brain hemridge lol oh yeah make sure nobodys standing to the side of you or has a hand anywhere around the loader when it comes out itll knock your head off if its in a bind and comes loose hope this helps

/ New Line of Mahindra Implements #8  
Thanks for the input. I kinda figured that was all there was to it, but the tips like wiggling are what I was looking for.

/ New Line of Mahindra Implements #9  
When I bought a 5' box blade I was told the Bush Hog brand had thicker steel than the Mahindra brand. I went with Bush Hog and have been very happy with it. That was 3 years ago though. Sounds like the manufacturer may have changed.