PTO Pump

/ PTO Pump
LarryRB said:
Mahindra must have changed things around quite a bit,. I had what I was told was the first PTO pump for a 511 and 4110 machine, to the point I was required to send in frequent reports on how it operated to the VP. That said, it was an Italian made pump, offset with a planetary gear system, longer rails on the hoe which held an 18 gallon tank. Not even close looking to these Prince pumps.. The difference with Mahindra's system or that the they sent to the dealer to install, was like day and night. Bradco's are a cadillac hoe, but, the 511's need 17 GPM to operate correctly.

I was told by my dealer that Mahindra's PTO Pump Kit comes with a 14.x gpm pump. I don't think going from 11.4 to a 14.x pump would be worth it. I am looking at buying a 21 gpm Prince pump. Would that be too much pump to power the 511?
hugs, Brandi

/ PTO Pump
BobG_in_VA said:
All this talk about retro fitting a PTO pump/tank to a BH that you already have is doable...that said, I actually wouldn't recommend it unless you are a decent wrencher and have a GOOD hydraulics shop nearby...I had to bypass lines, chage directions, add this/take off that....and finally had what I have today....Not for the faint of heart...That is if you planned on doing it yourself. If you got the dinars to have the dealer do it for you...pls proceed,(griin). PS" fprgpt tp tale tje camera with me....I'm selling an International 2pt sickle bar mower and had to get it out...BobG in VA

Bob,
Take a look at this photo of my hydraulic PHD installation :cool: and let me know if I am a good enough wrench or not. :D The PHD is powered off of the quick disconnects I installed on the bucket actuator lines. :)
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 5-27-07 PHD Ops Ck.jpg
    5-27-07 PHD Ops Ck.jpg
    573.6 KB · Views: 292
   / PTO Pump #23  
jpm said:
doug i didn/t know you were worried about me:D or is really just the 4110:D
j
Just didn't want to go giving you any dangerous ideas! :) Folks around here might blame me if that thing suddenly broke off the PTO, went airborne and hit you in the head! :eek: They say real Vermonters are a dying breed... and I don't want to contribute to the problem! :eek:

Dougster

/ PTO Pump #24  
bindian said:
I was told by my dealer that Mahindra's PTO Pump Kit comes with a 14.x gpm pump. I don't think going from 11.4 to a 14.x pump would be worth it. I am looking at buying a 21 gpm Prince pump. Would that be too much pump to power the 511? hugs, Brandi
Obviously, you've read the manufacturer's words that the current 509 & 511 have "optimum performance with 9-12 gpm"

http://www.bradcoattachments.com/_includes/fileblob.asp?I=631&table=product&ext=pdf&name=511%20BH%20Broch%200610-3.pdf

On the other hand, the 509 & 511 are available on the 7520 with its 17 GPM flow rate and on "high-flow" skidsteers with even more pump capacity than that. But unless folks here have experimented long-term with flows as high as 21 GPM, I guess I would call Paladin Brands directly and see what they have say about it. Might be some unintended consequences. Seems that above some point, all that power input and flow might contribute to excessive heating.

Dougster

/ PTO Pump #25  
bindian said:
I was told by my dealer that Mahindra's PTO Pump Kit comes with a 14.x gpm pump. I don't think going from 11.4 to a 14.x pump would be worth it. I am looking at buying a 21 gpm Prince pump. Would that be too much pump to power the 511?
hugs, Brandi
According to your loader times I think you confirmed that you have the 17GPM pump on your 6520. It seems any pump of same capacity on the PTO would give identical performance per engine speed. No gain for the extra expense and complexity, other than additional cooling capacity, which isnt needed.
larry

/ PTO Pump #26  
bindian said:
hugs, Brandi
A little history here... I bought an early 4110 and asked for and received a Bradco 511 hoe. The hoe was counter weight and little more,, The early 4110's had a 7 gpm pump. All it could do is make hoe movements and not much more. A call to Bradco verified the 17 gpm minimum. Then a call to dealer, which lead to the VP in Tomball, lot's of discussion and thought, The VP called about two months later and had this prototype ready to be installed by the dealer, It was a 17gpm pump, however, it was a planetary gear pump. The pump was actually quite a bit above the pto shaft when installed, with this planetary system that installed on the shaft.
I do not know what Mahindra finally settled on as far as pumps. I do know that the VP in Tomball TX called my home several times, told me what day to bring my tractor to New England tractor, the selling dealer, who, installed the prototype system. I was required to frequently e-mail back to the VP on what I thought.. The difference was day and night,, A full use hoe and most instances could do multi movements , such as the commercial machines that use three pumps.. I had pictures of the set up on an old computer which is long gone now. That computer basically fried one night and everything in it went with it, or I would re-post those pics.

/ PTO Pump #27  
this is a pic of the oe prince pump and what happens when the tangs or forks get bent somehow. my opinion is poor design

Attachments

• Picture 126.jpg
    Picture 126.jpg
    670 KB · Views: 317
   / PTO Pump #28  
jpm said:
this is a pic of the oe prince pump and what happens when the tangs or forks get bent somehow. my opinion is poor design
Wow, that is tight! Does the tank bolt onto the frame? Or is it integral with or welded right to it?

Dougster

/ PTO Pump #29  
jpm said:
Definitely a lot different than the prototype that I had,,, Miles apart.

/ PTO Pump #30  
LarryRB said:
Definitely a lot different than the prototype that I had,,, Miles apart.
Larry, I think yours was the MOTHER of all testbeds. :D All those years you had on a commercial hoe scared the heck out of them and they wanted to make sure they pleased you! :)

But Larry, I must respectfully take exception with some of your numbers. Even the earliest "old sheet metal" 4110's were rated at ~8.5 GPM flow. "New sheet metal" ones were officially spec'd out at 7.87 GPM flow... same number as both the new and old 3510's... although I have some reason to believe this was either a clerical error (copied accidentally from the 3510's pump spec?) or perhaps an unintended physical one later remedied. Someday I will go get some parts numbers and actually confirm my suspicion. Newer (2006/2007) 4110's are spec'd out at 9.5 GPM. I still don't know if this is a brand new pump or merely a corrected specification. :confused:

I must also respectfully take exception to your 511 flow requirement. I have no idea about older 511's (and your old beast in particular), but I just called Bradco and confirmed what I suspected all along: Unless modified to do otherwise... and maybe yours was... new 509's and 511's are set-up at the factory to bypass all flow over 14.0 GPM.

As a fluid systems engineer, I could never understand how so-called "high-flow" skidsteers could run a 509/511 without overpowering or overheating it unless some of that flow was bypassed. In fact, it looks like that is the case after all.

Dougster