Problem with 3 pt. hydraulics on 6500

/ Problem with 3 pt. hydraulics on 6500 #1  

Bobvt

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6500, Mahindra mPower 85, LS XP8084CPS
Any idea on what the problem might be with my 6500's draft arm hydraulics? The arms fall when I use the loader or shut the engine off. When raised, the arms jump up and down. I suspect there is some sort of relief or shut off valve stuck open.

Bob

/ Problem with 3 pt. hydraulics on 6500 #2  
Bobvt said:
Any idea on what the problem might be with my 6500's draft arm hydraulics? The arms fall when I use the loader or shut the engine off. When raised, the arms jump up and down. I suspect there is some sort of relief or shut off valve stuck open.

Bob

I think (not sure its the same thing) someone else about a year ago had the same thing happen--might have been a 6000 (which is virtually identical), anyway, if I remember correctly the 3pt hitch quadrant level had been pulled/or pushed too far in some direction. I believe it took the dealer to rectify the situation. Could it have been Slippy's 6000??? PS:I don't think I dreamed this, someone pls jump in...BobG in VA

/ Problem with 3 pt. hydraulics on 6500 #3  
Bob,
The hand valve below the front of your seat, remove the stop bracket that keeps it from being closed all the way. Close the valve all the way and move your position lever to the furthest up position and back down again, a few times. The relief valve will squeal when in the up position thus cleaning the relief valve. Put the stop bracket back and try the system. This may help or may not, but it is the first thing to try. Good luck with it.

/ Problem with 3 pt. hydraulics on 6500
Bob & Galen,

Thanks for getting back. I have some vague recollection of an earlier post discussing the the closing of the shut off valve. I'll give that a try this afternoon.

Thanks again

Bob

/ Problem with 3 pt. hydraulics on 6500
Galen,

Closed the shut off valve and moved the lift lever up and down. It did squeal, but no change. In fact, even with tractor running, valve closed and lift lever in up position, the draft arms would fall when I moved the bucket loader controls. The arms also fell when I shut the engine off (valve closed). A check valve must stuck open. I guess the next step is to remove lift valve assembley under the seat.

Bob