Mahindra 575 DI tractor

/ Mahindra 575 DI tractor #1  

Tim Stuart

Silver Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi bd2h dozer, Gradall G3WD, New Holland TC35a, Chevy Dump Truck
I have a 1994 Mahindra 575 DI tractor that the hydraulic pump has went out on me believe. The rear 3-point lift and the front-end loader have ceased to working. I have broke the lines lose at the pump and no fluid flows when the engine is running. In fact there is a rattle in the pump that was not there before. Is there a hydraulic filter on the tractor some where I would need to check? Can the pump be rebuilt at my local hydraulic shop? I know that some of the power steering lines on the tractor are British fittings. Did they also change the pump around so the internal parts are hard to find? I call my Mahindra dealer and they want $800 for a new one. (Does this sound reasonable?) They told me that they don’t offer a rebuild kit. My last question would be is there anything I should look out for when pull in the old pump off or putting the new or rebuilt one back on? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

/ Mahindra 575 DI tractor #2  
Tim Stuart said:
I have a 1994 Mahindra 575 DI tractor that the hydraulic pump has went out on me believe. The rear 3-point lift and the front-end loader have ceased to working. I have broke the lines lose at the pump and no fluid flows when the engine is running. In fact there is a rattle in the pump that was not there before. Is there a hydraulic filter on the tractor some where I would need to check? Can the pump be rebuilt at my local hydraulic shop? I know that some of the power steering lines on the tractor are British fittings. Did they also change the pump around so the internal parts are hard to find? I call my Mahindra dealer and they want $800 for a new one. (Does this sound reasonable?) They told me that they don’t offer a rebuild kit. My last question would be is there anything I should look out for when pull in the old pump off or putting the new or rebuilt one back on? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Tim,
Sorry to hear about your hyd. problems. :( I do not know anything specific about your 575 DI. Some pumps are rebuildable. After you change the pump and change the filter(s), flush the lines out. If your transmission and hydraulic fluid share a common reservoir, change the transmission fluid and filter. Also check the suction strainer if your tractor has one. Ask your dealer's mechanic for any specifics for your 575 DI. He knows best. ;)
hugs, Brandi

/ Mahindra 575 DI tractor #3  
Tim,
Top Flight Equipment in Conroe answer your questions or fix your 575. Travis, the salesman used to work on tractors (he still does sometimes) and their mechanic, Keith is very knowledgeable.
hugs, Brandi