Got my new 411o home

/ Got my new 411o home #11  
bindian said:
I got the aluminum canopy for all the long hours using the BH. :cool: I have wacked a few good size limbs and am surprised the canopy has won every round. :D It also has a layer of insulation (sound proofing?) under it. It was $345 and worth every penny blocking not only the sun, but those pesty small limbs that sneak up on you and wack you in the face as you are looking away from your direction of travel.:cool:
hugs, Brandi

When I got my 4110 in 2/2002, the canopy was made of some heavy gauge steel with the blackboard insulation under it. Very heavy, but the ROPS holds it just fine. I have bent the edges of my canopy all around many times and I use some large channeloc pliers to straighten it out every now & then - it's not just real pretty anymore around the edges but it's still stout as a hickory tree. I wouldn't want to operate a tractor without a canopy anymore - tremendous difference. I just recently added 2 extra yellow 4-way lights to the rear frame of my canopy - better visibility front & rear, especially when pulling a trailer down the road. I've got 2, 55 watt halogen lights I'm going to mount on the front frame of the canopy as soon as I get the tractor home from the current jobsite. Combined with the 2 lights I have mounted on the brushguard, I should be able to see well.

/ Got my new 411o home #12  
skipmarcy said:
I wouldn't want to operate a tractor without a canopy anymore - tremendous difference.
Well, that settles it! :) Sounds like I need to get a canopy! Gonna be a pain though because I need to fold down my ROPS to get the Beast into my garage. I hope the ROPS folds back and over far enough to clear the top of the garage door before the back of the canopy hits the backhoe seat or fuel tank... otherwise I'll have to take it off every night. :(

Yes, I do need that barn!!! :D

Dougster

/ Got my new 411o home
Dougster said:
Well, that settles it! :) Sounds like I need to get a canopy! Gonna be a pain though because I need to fold down my ROPS to get the Beast into my garage. I hope the ROPS folds back and over far enough to clear the top of the garage door before the back of the canopy hits the backhoe seat or fuel tank... otherwise I'll have to take it off every night. :(

Yes, I do need that barn!!! :D

Dougster
I believe that a canopy will be my first assy.
The doors on my shop and garage are plenty tall enough.
But will have to do some limb trimming around the fences before I bushhog with it on.
Jeff

/ Got my new 411o home #14  
jeff77indy said:
I believe that a canopy will be my first assy. The doors on my shop and garage are plenty tall enough. But will have to do some limb trimming around the fences before I bushhog with it on.
Jeff
The 4110 *does* look good with a canopy...
4110_with_canopy.jpg

Dougster

/ Got my new 411o home #15  
Well, my tires ain't as big as a 4110 but I don't sport no sissy hardtop either!!!

/ Got my new 411o home #16  
Offy said:
Well, my tires ain't as big as a 4110 but I don't sport no sissy hardtop either!!!
Ouch!!! :eek:

Skip and Brandi... Are you folks going to take that??? :D

Dougster

/ Got my new 411o home #17  
Dougster said:

Dougster

I'm too old to care what someone thinks about something like that - all I know is I enjoy using my tractor much more with the canopy!!! Also - with my ROPS folded down, the canopy still sticks up as high as when not folded. In my residential garage in Florida I had to remove the canopy. At my new house here in Tenn., I built the garage with 10' walls so I could get a door my tractor would come right thru.

/ Got my new 411o home #18  
skipmarcy said:
I'm too old to care what someone thinks about something like that - all I know is I enjoy using my tractor much more with the canopy!!! Also - with my ROPS folded down, the canopy still sticks up as high as when not folded. In my residential garage in Florida I had to remove the canopy. At my new house here in Tenn., I built the garage with 10' walls so I could get a door my tractor would come right thru.
The garage I've got here was actually designed and built 12 years ago with the intent of housing a trailerable sail or power boat someday. The ceiling height and front of the structure were built to allow 9-ft high doors to be installed. Sadly, the trailerable boat never came... so the original doors still remain... at 7 feet. :eek:

But just wait for the new home I plan to build someday soon up in the land of "Live Free or Die"!!! Finally, I will own a genuine, no-nonsense barn! :)

Dougster

/ Got my new 411o home #19  
Dougster said:

Dougster
Well, this Sissy has been changing her son's blown head gasket. How many of y'all can say that? :cool: I'll remember what he said next time I get on my Bigger, more powerful 6520. :p
hugs, Brandi

/ Got my new 411o home #20  
bindian said:
Well, this Sissy has been changing her son's blown head gasket. How many of y'all can say that? :cool: I'll remember what he said next time I get on my Bigger, more powerful 6520. :p
hugs, Brandi
:eek:

Food Fight!!! Food Fight!!! :D

Dougster