7520 problems AGAIN...

/ 7520 problems AGAIN... #21  
Pat, the loader operating slowly could be caused by not operating at a high enough RPM. Cycle times are rated at 2500 RPMs on the 7520, per the Mahindra website.

Lift capacities are at the pins, not four foot in front of the QA bracket. The further away from the pins the weight is the less the loader is able to lift.

In regards to the steering, what you are saying makes no sense. If the steering wheel turns the wheels when the tractor is moving it will turn it while it is not moving. I suspect the tractor was not running, as if the tractor is not running the steering wheel will not turn the wheels on a tractor with hydrostatic steering, as the steering wheel works a hydraulic valve, the valve in turn controls the hydraulic steering cylinders.

It is physically impossible for the steering wheel to change orientations while you are driving down the road without moving the steering wheel. How does the steering wheel do this with you grasping it? It doesn't. Either the little cap in the center is jiggling from vibration and reorienting itself, or you are noticing the difference in orientation at differing times. With hydrostatic steering that little cap can be in any direction at any time.

Part of your problems are user related. It is your responsibility to check for loose bolts and to keep them tight. The nature of every tractor I have ever used is that vibrations can cause things to loosen up.

Some of the problems you have had were caused by the dealer not properly fixing issues when they occurred and this resulted in more problems than it should have. The injector pump issues are a good example of this.

/ 7520 problems AGAIN... #22  
Thanks for the list Pat.

Due to the nature of some of your problems it sounds like your unit just might have been one that had been sitting on the dealers lot for a while and it sounds like it might have not been inspected by the dealer who received it. I know those little problems can be frustrating but they all seem minor in the whole scheme of things and they all have been fixed. A lot of your issues I've come across myself, we fully inspect all our units when we receive them...tighten loose bolts, adjust brakes, inspect all fittings and seals, etc.

/ 7520 problems AGAIN...
Keith_B said:
Lift capacities are at the pins, not four foot in front of the QA bracket. The further away from the pins the weight is the less the loader is able to lift.

Keith,
I call B/S on this one. This tractor is supposed to be a beast. 75 h.p tractor and Mahindra advertises that their tractors have higher rated lift capacities than their competitors. 2000 lb's. ought to be NOTHING for this tractor to lift. It should do it with ease. I saw a Kubota M6800 pick up the same pallet of sod that my Mahindra would not pick up. Smaller tractor, lower lift capacity. I KNOW where the point of lift rating comes from. I know the further away from that point you get the less the lifting capacity. But not being able to pick up a mere 2000 lb. pallet? B/S!

Keith_B said:
In regards to the steering, what you are saying makes no sense. If the steering wheel turns the wheels when the tractor is moving it will turn it while it is not moving. I suspect the tractor was not running, as if the tractor is not running the steering wheel will not turn the wheels on a tractor with hydrostatic steering, as the steering wheel works a hydraulic valve, the valve in turn controls the hydraulic steering cylinders.

You can drive the tractor down the road and while keeping the wheels straight the steering wheel can be moved in either direction until it will rotate 360 degrees. One minute it will be right side up, the next minute it will be upside down. You can sit parked with the tractor running and turn the steering wheel slightly in either direction without turning the front wheels and the steering wheel will rotate 360 degrees. I never said that I didn't move the steering wheel. I said while driving it and you turn it that it will move without turning the front wheels and will rotate completely around. I'm not talking about a little cap either. I'm talking about the whole steering wheel.

It may make no sense, but it does it. That's a fact!

/ 7520 problems AGAIN... #24  
CuzPat62,

The loader lift capacity and speed is an easy thing to measure. We use a hydraulic pull scale and your dealer should have something similar. Hook it to a chain, hook that to the back of something heavy (we use a forklift as a heavy ballast), and see what it will lift. It either lifts 3900# at the pins or it won't. Same with lift speed. Unless the suction line is pulling in air, it will lift within 1/10th of a second of specs.

Now most guys, even some dealers, can't believe a suction line that isn't leaking oil could actually be sucking air, so they take a glance at the suspect hose fitting, and maybe tighten a clamp, and they call it good. If the tractor isn't lifting as per the cycle times advertised, the short piece of hose joining the suction line needs to be slid back, the pipe sanded down to bare metal and the hose reclamped.

This thread does demonstrate the importance of a dealer doing proper pre-delivery inspections. Of course a fitting can come loose, so can a bolt, but you've had more than your share of issues. Dealers also must read the TSB's that come out so they are well aware of things like the KSB timers. Had your tractor been properly PDI'd and had the KSB been switched out before you bought it, your issues would be very minor and propably not so frustrating. Of course your tractor embarrassed you in front of your friends at least twice, and for that reason should be shot...;) :eek: :rolleyes:

I was at an antique tractor show and sled pull recently with my old John Deere D (gasp, Dave has a JD?) and one spark plug quit firing. It only has two, so the thing got a little traction and then just bogged. I couldn't even move the sled. So I took it home and sold it. It makes no sense, it ran great with a new plug...but us guys don't like to look lame in front of our friends. Hopefully you are more secure...

/ 7520 problems AGAIN... #25  
CuzPat62 said:
Keith,
I call B/S on this one. This tractor is supposed to be a beast. 75 h.p tractor and Mahindra advertises that their tractors have higher rated lift capacities than their competitors. 2000 lb's. ought to be NOTHING for this tractor to lift. It should do it with ease. I saw a Kubota M6800 pick up the same pallet of sod that my Mahindra would not pick up. Smaller tractor, lower lift capacity. I KNOW where the point of lift rating comes from. I know the further away from that point you get the less the lifting capacity. But not being able to pick up a mere 2000 lb. pallet? B/S!

I would make the dealer check it out, and perform lifts against other 7520s he has on the lot. I would contact Mahindra if they fail to meet your expectations for getting the tractor running correctly. A lot of your problems seem more dealer related than anything else.

/ 7520 problems AGAIN... #26  
CuzPat62 said:
Keith,

You can drive the tractor down the road and while keeping the wheels straight the steering wheel can be moved in either direction until it will rotate 360 degrees. One minute it will be right side up, the next minute it will be upside down. You can sit parked with the tractor running and turn the steering wheel slightly in either direction without turning the front wheels and the steering wheel will rotate 360 degrees. I never said that I didn't move the steering wheel. I said while driving it and you turn it that it will move without turning the front wheels and will rotate completely around. I'm not talking about a little cap either. I'm talking about the whole steering wheel.

It may make no sense, but it does it. That's a fact!
Yeah, I agree with you CuzPat. Mahindra should arrange to have your tractor picked up and give you a loaner while yours is fixed. I do not have the problems you do since I fixed my suction leak in the hyd line, but I sensed the source of your frustration when dealing with most Mahindra reps - - there is no demonstrated corporate committment to the defect afflicted customer. [did u ever contact the guy I pmed u about?] What is your full throttle loader time - it should be 5s to prove 17gpm. If more than 6s, are your hydraulics jerky when 1st started after sitting--air in line. Some of your problems I think u can easily fix yourself with your experience, however there seem to be serious unexplained things that Mahindra should eagerly fix for you to prevent the obvious tarnishment of their image to such as u and i.
By the way, while getting my broken cam/hyd drive gear fixed I found that Mahindra abuses the dealer by not covering tractor transport or parts shipment charges on warranty repairs. Also, they do not intend to extend warranty to cover downtime.
larry

/ 7520 problems AGAIN... #27  
SPYDERLK said:
By the way, while getting my broken cam/hyd drive gear fixed I found that Mahindra abuses the dealer by not covering tractor transport or parts shipment charges on warranty repairs. Also, they do not intend to extend warranty to cover downtime.
larry

That's not cool. The dealer shouldn't be penalized for upkeep of a customer's machine under warranty. It's no surprise that there are dealer's out there who are unwilling to repair tractors properly. Musa_marketing if you are watching this could you provide an explanation for why this would be the case? Seems counter intuitive to me.

/ 7520 problems AGAIN... #28  
Tim_in_IA said:
That's not cool. The dealer shouldn't be penalized for upkeep of a customer's machine under warranty. It's no surprise that there are dealer's out there who are unwilling to repair tractors properly. Musa_marketing if you are watching this could you provide an explanation for why this would be the case? Seems counter intuitive to me.

As a dealer, I wish MUSA would pay for picking up and dropping off a tractor for a warranty repair, but from what I understand, none of the manufacturers reimburse the dealer for such charges. The real issue is that the tractor should leave the dealership correctly the first time, and if not (and it happens to us as well), then any issues need to be dealt with promptly and thoroughly.

Warranty is not a money maker. That is why when some local guy buys a tractor from some lowball dealer in the next state to (illegally) avoid sales tax, then brings it in for warranty to give us the "favor" of his business...well, it is no favor! But, that is another subject.

/ 7520 problems AGAIN... #29  
agreed with Dave

when a dealer comes out to work on your tractor or picks it up for warranty work, be thankful because that is money coming straight out of their pocket.

/ 7520 problems AGAIN... #30  
DavesTractor said:
As a dealer, I wish MUSA would pay for picking up and dropping off a tractor for a warranty repair, but from what I understand, none of the manufacturers reimburse the dealer for such charges. The real issue is that the tractor should leave the dealership correctly the first time, and if not (and it happens to us as well), then any issues need to be dealt with promptly and thoroughly.

Warranty is not a money maker. That is why when some local guy buys a tractor from some lowball dealer in the next state to (illegally) avoid sales tax, then brings it in for warranty to give us the "favor" of his business...well, it is no favor! But, that is another subject.

but what about the shipping on the replacement parts under warranty? That is what concerned me.