7520 problems AGAIN...

/ 7520 problems AGAIN... #1  

CuzPat62

Tractor
2006 Mahindra 7520 4WD w/ ML 275 loader, bale spear, pallet forks, grille guard & canopy.
Yesterday while cutting 40 acres of hay it went down on me and left me stranded in the field with 1/2 my hay cut.

A neighbor stopped by and I stopped the tractor and shut it down to see what my neighbor wanted. After about 5 minutes of conversation he gets ready to leave and I go to start the tractor back up and it will not start. It won't turn over, it will not make a clicking sound or anything else. I tried all I knew to try, checked all I knew to check and finally had to call the dealer and speak with the service manager. He had me hold the key over to start it and move the PTO switch back and forth at a rapid pace to see if it was in the switch on the PTO. Finally, after several attempts of this the tractor started up. He said the switch on the PTO has gone bad. Now to start the tractor you have to move the PTO on & off several times to get it started.

Also, on the rear of my tractor at the 4 hydraulic couplings, I have a severe hydraulic leak somewhere. The whole rear of my trator is covered in hydraulic fluid. I had one line hooked to the couplings and that is to raise the cutter bar up and down on my disc mower. It is not leaking from my hose or connector on the hose that goes to my mower. The leak is coming from somwhere on the back of the tractor.

It seems like EVERYTIME I use this tractor something else goes wrong with it. I have never seen a new product have as many problems as I have had with this tractor.

What is wrong Mahindra?? Did I just get a lemon?? Is it going to be this way from here on out with this tractor? Is there going to be a new problem pop up everytime I use it for something?

I'm going to go broke having to haul this thing back and forth to the dealer.

When will it end?

/ 7520 problems AGAIN... #2  
Most likely there is a connection needing tightened to stop the hydraulic leak. Replacing the PTO switch shouldn't be a big deal. Hydraulic leaks are common in new tractors. Switches fail. It is better that things like this happen while the tractor is under warranty.

/ 7520 problems AGAIN...
Keith,
I understand that things happen but I don't think you have a clue to the history of problems that I have had with this tractor since purchasing it last August. Do a search in this forum and you will find the posts I have made concerning all these problems. There has been one problem right after the other with this unit since I purchased it. It gets very frustrating every time you pull this $30,000.00 tractor out of the barn to go use it in the field and something else happens to it.

My brother-in-law bought a new Kubota M6800 five (5) years ago and he has NEVER had one SINGLE problem occur on his tractor. Not one!

That tells me something...

/ 7520 problems AGAIN... #4  
CuzPat62 said:
Keith,
I understand that things happen but I don't think you have a clue to the history of problems that I have had with this tractor since purchasing it last August. Do a search in this forum and you will find the posts I have made concerning all these problems. There has been one problem right after the other with this unit since I purchased it. It gets very frustrating every time you pull this $30,000.00 tractor out of the barn to go use it in the field and something else happens to it.

My brother-in-law bought a new Kubota M6800 five (5) years ago and he has NEVER had one SINGLE problem occur on his tractor. Not one!

The only thing is really tells me is that your brother-in-law has been pretty lucky with his purchase. My 4110 has never had a single problem in the two years I have had it. The closest thing to a problem it has had was a hydraulic line that I busted, which was entirely my fault.

You cannot judge a tractor brand based on a few isolated incidents. I've been to the local Kubota dealer a number of times, and their mechanics always have plenty of orange machines to work on to keep them busy.

/ 7520 problems AGAIN... #5  
CuzPat62 said:

My radiator overflow tank cracked, other than that no Mahindra problems. I,m sorry to hear about your on going troubles. Maybe you should think about getting a different tractor. It sounds like your not happy with your 7520 and might not ever be. Maybe sell it now while it has some warranty left.

All I can say about my 7520 is that it has been a great tractor for me and my requirements.

Good luck

/ 7520 problems AGAIN... #6  
CuzPat62 said:
Yesterday while cutting 40 acres of hay it went down on me and left me stranded in the field with 1/2 my hay cut.

Also, on the rear of my tractor at the 4 hydraulic couplings, I have a severe hydraulic leak somewhere. The whole rear of my trator is covered in hydraulic fluid. I had one line hooked to the couplings and that is to raise the cutter bar up and down on my disc mower. It is not leaking from my hose or connector on the hose that goes to my mower. The leak is coming from somwhere on the back of the tractor.

QUOTE]

Did you look for the leak and potentially try and stop it??/ Most of the time its just a less than tight connection somewhere. BobG in VA

/ 7520 problems AGAIN... #7  
MtnViewRanch said:
My radiator overflow tank cracked, other than that no Mahindra problems. I,m sorry to hear about your on going troubles. Maybe you should think about getting a different tractor. It sounds like your not happy with your 7520 and might not ever be. Maybe sell it now while it has some warranty left.

All I can say about my 7520 is that it has been a great tractor for me and my requirements.

Good luck

I'm a Mahindra dealer and generally very supportive of Mahindra, but that little $3 PTO switch has caused a lot of grief for us as well. If you are in a bind, it is simple to bypass, but then you have a potentially dangerous situation as the tractor could start with the PTO turned on. So I don't recommend doing that except as a test. As for the hydraulic leak, it happens on any tractor. Clean it up and see what is leaking. Probably a loose fitting or an o-ring.

I think we are all in favor of a $9 switch that should be 3 times as good...

/ 7520 problems AGAIN... #8  
I'm sorry to hear that you are still having trouble with your tractor. I recently purchased a 7520 and haven't had any problems, so will keep my fingers crossed.

I see on an earlier post that you purchased an aluminum canopy. I'm in the market for one and would like to know where you got it and if you are satisfied. Also, would like to see a picture if you have one handy.
Thanks and keep us posted.

/ 7520 problems AGAIN...
Service tech came this morning, new PTO switch installed, recrimped wires on connector going to switch and repaired hydraulic leak on rear of tractor. It is now back running.

I like the tractor but I'm just weary of all the problems. It seems a new one surfaces each time I pull it out of the barn to work. I just did not expect to have this number of problems out of a new tractor after spending almost 30 grand on it.

Where will I be when all the warranty runs out and these kinds of things are still happening? I don't even want to think about it.

/ 7520 problems AGAIN... #10  
Pat, sorry to hear of your problems. Unfortunately things with mechanical working parts will have issues from time to time, while some people may have no issues at all others will have issues. It's just the luck of the draw in reality. Like you said some Kubota owners may not have the first problem while another Kubota owner may have had a ton of problems with their unit, it's not really a brand specific issue. Some people just have better luck than others.