fender mount radio 4110 - just mount it and listen?? I guess.

/ fender mount radio 4110 - just mount it and listen?? I guess. #1  

coffeeman

Platinum Member
Just got a REI Fendermount Radio. I never had radio on any farm or other equipment; except car and trucks. However, since this is a gift for fathers day from the grand kids, I will be enjoying the sounds of music tomorrow afternoon. They and my son-in-law, in fact, will be installing my new radio early in morning.

I guess it's just mount it and forget it. I wonder if it's better on right fender or left? Is there any other place to consider mounting to?

Cheers....Coffeeman

/ fender mount radio 4110 - just mount it and listen?? I guess. #2  
Don't know why, but I have seen most mounted on the RH fender... don't think it matters though. Does it have a headphone jack? I would certainly recommend a good set of noise canceling head phones to both enjoy the music and protect your hearing.

/ fender mount radio 4110 - just mount it and listen?? I guess. #3  
This year I bought a small skid steer. The noise is bad - motor, hydro especially.

First item to buy was a REI roof mount radio - screws on the roof via antenna. Second item was a Ebay headset that plugs into the radio.

Now news weather is just like a cab tractor, noise is muted to a low rumble - no fatigue at all!

REI radio seems to have a good tuner, lot of audio power & rugged to withstand the vibration, dirt, etc.

/ fender mount radio 4110 - just mount it and listen?? I guess.
rback33 said:
Don't know why, but I have seen most mounted on the RH fender... don't think it matters though. Does it have a headphone jack? I would certainly recommend a good set of noise canceling head phones to both enjoy the music and protect your hearing.

We decided on the left fender. I seem to be able to turn to the right better to watch equipment pulled on back. So left seemed out of the way to me. Radio box does obstruct some left side vision. I took the amber light and moved it down fender to a hole that is already in fender. Mounted radio on flat with a piece of rubber between the radio mount and the fender. Had to drill 4 holes through fender. I didn't do the wiring, but I think there were a set of unused wires in the wiring bunch with the fender light. There was hot and ground; they had power only when the key is on.

Radio has a headphone jack. Radio sounds a lot better than I thought it would. So it was till 9:30 cutting grass to the Sunday nite oldies. Now I need some big speakers to impress the neighbor kids. Of course I'll have to change that oldies station to really impress.

Cheers