ML112 FEL Issues???

/ ML112 FEL Issues??? #1  

Dougster

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 Mahindra 4110 w/509 BH
After my new 78" bucket fell off last week for the second time while doing some relatively easy work in my backyard, I decided to take some comparison pix and post them here for "4110/3510 User's Group" input... plus, of course, professional-grade input from Jeremy :) Specifically, I'd like anyone with an ML112 loader to look at the following pix and tell me what you think of: a) QA Pin & spring alignment (seems straight on left, big angle on right), and b) Lower QA "foot" seating (seems flat on left, not flat on right). Both *right side* issues seem a heckuva lot better, straighter, flatter and more secure on the brand new 2006 ML112 I found down in Connecticut this weekend. I'm wondering if I have broken parts and/or a bent QA mount? :confused:
My ML112:
My_ML112_1.jpg

My_ML112_2.jpg

My_ML112_3.jpg

A brand new 2006 version ML112:
New_ML112_1.jpg

New_ML112_2.jpg

4110/3510 User's Group... and my good friend Jeremy: Your comments please! :)

Dougster

Last edited:
   / ML112 FEL Issues??? #2  
Dougster, looks like you might have a set that is on the outside side of manufactures tolerances.:( Would you take some pics of your setup that would be duplicates of the ones you took at the dealers and post? Then we can see side by side the differences. Not just looking from different angles.

Later

/ ML112 FEL Issues???
MtnViewRanch said:
Dougster, looks like you might have a set that is on the outside side of manufactures tolerances.:( Would you take some pics of your setup that would be duplicates of the ones you took at the dealers and post? Then we can see side by side the differences. Not just looking from different angles.
Later
Not sure if you are goofing on me or are dead serious! :D Do you know how long it took me to make up these mirror image "left vs. right" closeup composite pix??? :eek:

BTW, the pix of the new 2006 were the best I could do after hours at that CT dealership. No one was there to start it up and raise the bucket. Maybe I should have brought along my generic 4110 key! :)

Dougster

/ ML112 FEL Issues??? #4  
OK, take a picture of the messed up side, but at the same angle (position) as the one from the dealer. Easier to actually see the difference then.

I need to go out and do something & get off the computer.

Later

/ ML112 FEL Issues??? #5  
Mine is exactly the same. I bought mine from a Mahindra dealer in Florida a couple years ago as a matched set. They had to order it from KMW. I adjusted the spring tension on that sticky pin as tight as it would go and just have to tap it down sometimes. It's gotten better with use. I have a slightly greater clearance than yours on that right foot - I had to drill a hole in each foot thru the adapter and bucket foot and inserted a hard pin. This will keep the bucket from coming off when back-dragging or.... It's an extra step when changing buckets, kinda takes away from the "quick attach" convienence but it's easier than trying to deal with getting it corrected thru Mahindra or KMW. I believe it is in the adapter itself, I bought a univ. skid steer plate for my old bucket from a totally different manufacturer and it fits the same way, had to drill the corresponding holes in those feet too. In my opinion, KMW is ultimately responsible for lack of QC.

/ ML112 FEL Issues???
MtnViewRanch said:
OK, take a picture of the messed up side, but at the same angle (position) as the one from the dealer. Easier to actually see the difference then.
Fair enough! :) Ask and Ye shall receive:

Looking straight at the right side pin and spring (note angle vs. brand new):
Right_Side_Pin_1.jpg

Looking up at the right side pin and spring:
Right_Side_Pin_2.jpg

Looking at the lower right side seating gap:
Right_Side_Gap.jpg

Dougster

/ ML112 FEL Issues???
skipmarcy said:
Mine is exactly the same. I bought mine from a Mahindra dealer in Florida a couple years ago as a matched set. They had to order it from KMW. I adjusted the spring tension on that sticky pin as tight as it would go and just have to tap it down sometimes. It's gotten better with use. I have a slightly greater clearance than yours on that right foot - I had to drill a hole in each foot thru the adapter and bucket foot and inserted a hard pin. This will keep the bucket from coming off when back-dragging or.... It's an extra step when changing buckets, kinda takes away from the "quick attach" convienence but it's easier than trying to deal with getting it corrected thru Mahindra or KMW. I believe it is in the adapter itself, I bought a univ. skid steer plate for my old bucket from a totally different manufacturer and it fits the same way, had to drill the corresponding holes in those feet too. In my opinion, KMW is ultimately responsible for lack of QC.
Hi Skip - I remember us talking about this a long time ago in regard to my old 72" light-duty bucket when it came off during some serious dirt road backdragging right after I bought the Beast. My new 78" HD bucket came off while pushing over and crunching up some relatively small trees... twice in one hour!!! :eek: Doesn't seem that it was very hard duty. :rolleyes: It had come off once previously, but I must have done something wrong myself that time... perhaps caught a root on one of the levers... because after it dropped off, I noticed that one QA lever was nearly a third open. :eek: I wrote that up as my fault for not noticing. :(

Extra pinning just doesn't work for me. If this was for personal use only and I only had one bucket... fine. But not for multiple QA attachments and use away from home. Very embarrassing to drop a bucket in front of a customer... or have to tinker with auxiliary pins. :eek:

Dougster

/ ML112 FEL Issues??? #8  
What timing, just came in to get some dinner. I think that from your current pics, you should not be having any problems. The mating surface is off a little, (1/8"?) but not enough to be a problem I would think.:confused: As long as the pin is locked down to its lowest position, it should be alright even with the pin & spring at a bit of an angle.:confused: By chance were the pin, pins not engaged completely when it came loose? I was back dragging once with my grapple and it came off on one side.:eek: Man I would have been in trouble if both sides had come loose.:eek: Anyway has not happened since, chalked it up to not checking stuff out before using it.

It's cool:cool: that you have grease fittings for your pins, I don't have any on mine, or I don't think that I do anyway.

Not sure what to tell you other than to be careful. Hey, I just looked at your pictures again and you clearances have changed. In the 1st pic there is over 1/4" gap, maybe 5/16" and in your last pic it looks like about 1/8". Is the bucket not seating properly? Something else to check. Now hard are your pins to lock down? Mine are relatively easy, or things aren't lined up right.

/ ML112 FEL Issues???
MtnViewRanch said:
Hey, I just looked at your pictures again and you clearances have changed. In the 1st pic there is over 1/4" gap, maybe 5/16" and in your last pic it looks like about 1/8". Is the bucket not seating properly? Something else to check. Now hard are your pins to lock down? Mine are relatively easy, or things aren't lined up right.
Pins are generally quite easy to latch down when everything is aligned properly. The changing gap you are seeing is probably a combination of two things: a) an actual gap change based on the positions (angles) the bucket was in during the two picture sessions and, b) an optical illusion based on camera angle and daylight vs. the shadowy darkness of my garage! :) The bottom line is that there is an obvious gap on the right side... that may vary slightly based on bucket angle... and no gap whatsoever on the left side.

Dougster

/ ML112 FEL Issues??? #10  
Dougster,

Here are pictures of mine.. something defintely looks out of kilter with your right one.

Attachments

• marcelsqdloader (1).JPG
    marcelsqdloader (1).JPG
    293 KB · Views: 196
  • marcelsqdloader (2).JPG
    marcelsqdloader (2).JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 144
  • marcelsqdloader (3).JPG
    marcelsqdloader (3).JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 131
  • marcelsqdloader (4).JPG
    marcelsqdloader (4).JPG