Backhoe 511 backhoe subframe

/ 511 backhoe subframe #1  

Bobvt

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6500, Mahindra mPower 85, LS XP8084CPS
Does anyone in Vermont, New Hampshire or northern New York have a subframe mounted 511 backhoe mounted on a 6500, 6000 or 5500 tractor I could come and look at? What I'm really interested in is the subframe part that mounts to the backhoe. I'll curious whether this mount can be adapted to other makes of backhoes (looking at a Bobcat 811 hoe).

Bob

/ 511 backhoe subframe #2  
Bobvt said:
Does anyone in Vermont, New Hampshire or northern New York have a subframe mounted 511 backhoe mounted on a 6500, 6000 or 5500 tractor I could come and look at? What I'm really interested in is the subframe part that mounts to the backhoe. I'll curious whether this mount can be adapted to other makes of backhoes (looking at a Bobcat 811 hoe).

Bob
Bob,
I just looked at my 511 mounts. Since the 511 BH uses 8 bolts to mount the BH half of the subframe, I would say a simple (thick) adapter plate can me mfg. and used. At the most a good welder would be needed to mod the BH half of the subframe.
Keep us posted!
hugs, Brandi

/ 511 backhoe subframe #3  
Bobvt said:

Bob
Bob,
I just looked at my 511 mounts. Since the 511 BH uses 8 bolts to mount the BH half of the subframe, I would say a simple (thick) adapter plate can me mfg. and used. At the most, a good welder would be needed to mod the BH half of the subframe.
Keep us posted!
hugs, Brandi

/ 511 backhoe subframe
Brandi,

Thanks for the information. It sounds encouraging. I'm still hoping to see one up close before I make the commitment.

Bob

/ 511 backhoe subframe #5  
bobvt , i have a 511 on a 4110 if this helps you

/ 511 backhoe subframe
jpm,

I'd like to see your setup. Is there any chance I could look at it tomorrow afternoon?

Bob

/ 511 backhoe subframe #7  
Bobvt said:
Brandi, Thanks for the information. It sounds encouraging. I'm still hoping to see one up close before I make the commitment.
Bob
Certainly using the Mahindra/Bradco subframe would eliminate any questions about strength and appropriateness of design & connection points to the tractor frame. I would certainly take that approach... but only after carefully inspecting the prospective BH and assuring that a suitable adapter plate could be made (as suggested by Brandi) to fit between the removable portion of the subframe and the backhoe. At least on mine, the removable portion of the subframe is essentially two vertical side plates that bolt to the BH and rely on the strength of the BH structure itself for torsional and lateral integrity. Depending on the particular BH selected, this critical "stiffness" would likely have to be provided by the fabricated adapter plate.

Dougster

/ 511 backhoe subframe #8  
Dougster said:
Certainly using the Mahindra/Bradco subframe would eliminate any questions about strength and appropriateness of design & connection points to the tractor frame. I would certainly take that approach... but only after carefully inspecting the prospective BH and assuring that a suitable adapter plate could be made (as suggested by Brandi) to fit between the removable portion of the subframe and the backhoe. At least on mine, the removable portion of the subframe is essentially two vertical side plates that bolt to the BH and rely on the strength of the BH structure itself for torsional and lateral integrity. Depending on the particular BH selected, this critical "stiffness" would likely have to be provided by the fabricated adapter plate.

Dougster

Not sure why you don't go with the Bradco.....Is someone GIVING you the Bobcat hoe?? The Bradco hoe connecting plate bolts up to the hoe...I'm sure you could have one fabricated and welded on to whatever hoe you have...BobG in VA

/ 511 backhoe subframe #9  
BobG_in_VA said:
Not sure why you don't go with the Bradco.....Is someone GIVING you the Bobcat hoe?
I had the very same thought. There are used Bradco's all over the place at very decent prices. The hardest part with these used ones (mostly made for skidsteers) is figuring out the mounting... but if you're buying the Mahindra/Bradco subframe anyway... why not go the rest of the way and find a good used Bradco backhoe as well? :confused:

Dougster

/ 511 backhoe subframe
A Bradco 611 is my first choice. Been looking for a good used one for four months. I was the high bidder on one on Ebay but the guy notified me 2 days after the auction that he sold it locally. Can't seem to located one in New England or New York. As far a specs go the Bobcat 811 is very close (reach, dipper and bucket pressure). There seems to be more used 811s available than 611s. If the Mahindra 511 subframe (Bradco said the 611 hoe uses the 511 subframe) will mate up (with minimal alterations) to a Bobcat 811, it would be an acceptible second choice.

Bob