New Mahindra Owner!

/ New Mahindra Owner! #1  

Etch

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5155
Hi everyone. Just signed up on this site after reading many posts when I was deciding on buying a tractor. I found a lot of good information here.

I bought my new Mahindra 3525 about a week ago from Bill's Tractor in Adkins, Texas. The wife and I just completed building a house on our 24 acre ranch that we have owned for serveral years and used mainly for horse grazing. After all the rain we have had, we realized we needed a tractor to take care of the weeds and repairing our 1600 ft gravel driveway. We also have some drainage issues here and there we need to take care of and of course moving hay bails.

We looked at several different makes, but money definitely was a factor. We're Ford fans so a Ford tractor would have been nice. We have a John Deere lawn tractor and considered John Deere as well. Our neighbor has a Kubota and it's a very nice tractor. We decided on a Mahindra due to the price and the very good reviews and the fact that a reputable dealer was about 12 miles away.

We ended up buying a Mahindra 3525 with FEL, 6' shredder, 6' box blade, 9" post hole digger, single row plow (mid buster), canopy and a hay spear. Now if it would only stop raining for a few days so we can actually use it! We had a day with no rain, but the ground was too wet to do much.

Here is a picture of our tractor:

mahindratractor.jpg

I'm new to the tractor world, so expect lots of questions from me!

/ New Mahindra Owner! #2  
Welcome to the board Etch, and to the world of tractoring. You'll find more to do with your new purchase than you ever imagined, and have some fun doing it. I almost bought one like that a couple of years ago, but got the 3510 instead. I wouldn't know what to do without it.

/ New Mahindra Owner! #3  
Welcome aboard, Etch. Nice looking tractor.
Looking forward to hearing about the new projects you will be completeing now that you have the means to do them.:)
Fill out your profile so we will know how to respond to you.

/ New Mahindra Owner! #4  
Welcome aboard, I am sure you will enjoy using your new Mahindra. Great dealership I have talked to Mario (Service Mgr) very profssional and knowedgable.

:)

/ New Mahindra Owner! #5  
welcome to the forum and congrats on the new tractor.

/ New Mahindra Owner!
weldingisfun said:
Welcome aboard, Etch. Nice looking tractor.
Looking forward to hearing about the new projects you will be completeing now that you have the means to do them.:)
Fill out your profile so we will know how to respond to you.

I got a ton of projects. All waiting for the rain to stop. First thing is to shred about 22 acres of pasture. 2nd project is to make ditch to allow water to leave my front yard. 3rd project is to trench along side our gravel road to stop it from being a river everytime it rains hard. And of course we need to regravel our road/driveway and put in a culvert.

/ New Mahindra Owner! #7  
Etch said:
I got a ton of projects. All waiting for the rain to stop. First thing is to shred about 22 acres of pasture. 2nd project is to make ditch to allow water to leave my front yard. 3rd project is to trench along side our gravel road to stop it from being a river everytime it rains hard. And of course we need to regravel our road/driveway and put in a culvert.
etch your to do list is almost exactly the same as mine. i don't have 22 acres of pasture, but the rest is the same. here's the part of our driveway that passes in front of our house, during a recent rain storm. this is one of the least damaged areas. i guess that my driveway drains about 15 acres of water when we get a good rain.

IMG_1430.jpg

/ New Mahindra Owner!
Cacinok said:
etch your to do list is almost exactly the same as mine. i don't have 22 acres of pasture, but the rest is the same. here's the part of our driveway that passes in front of our house, during a recent rain storm. this is one of the least damaged areas. i guess that my driveway drains about 15 acres of water when we get a good rain.

IMG_1430.jpg

Looks familiar, but mine is worse. It's all down hill and our driveway is at a dip in the road so all the water from fields across the street drain onto the road which in turn finds our driveway and it's like a small river. Fortunately, the water runs off the driveway into a pond before it gets to my house.

Most of the fine road base particles are gone now, leaving just the larger rocks. I plan on digging a trench to divert the water and putting another culvert in where it dumps into the pond. We're also going to put a hump at the entrance of our driveway so the water doesn't find it's way in and hopefully finds a better path to drain.

Now.. IF IT WOULD JUST STOP RAINING!!

I'll see if I can post some pictures later tonight.

/ New Mahindra Owner!
Here are some pictures of my river.. uh.. I mean driveway:

roadriver.jpg

roadriver1.jpg

roadriver2.jpg

And here is a small video of it in action!

Road River (10Mb)

/ New Mahindra Owner! #10  
all your pics look very familiar. my driveway is about 700' long and after a good rain the whole thing looks similar to yours. i just started repairing it tonight. we had a 18" deep by 2' wide trench through a about a third of the driveway that was dug out in the last 2 months. now it's gone. only about 500' of driveway to take care of. i lol at your video of your runoff, my wife thought i was a nerd for the pics i took.