Used 7010 value

/ Used 7010 value #1  

jwcinpk

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 3316 HST-2008 Mahindra 7010 cab - 2004 Mahindra 6000 4X4
I noticed a used 700 hour Mahindra 7010 cab with loader on the local Deere dealers lot. It's obviously been used a little rough. I noticed a splice in the wiring underneath the tractor and the tires have some hunks out of them. It's pretty dirty inside too. I can buy new for around $34000 with loader. What do you think it's worth?
I've let it sit for a few weeks so they should be ready to move it.
Anyhting I should be looking at in particular that might be wrong with it?

/ Used 7010 value #2  
jwcinpk said:
I noticed a used 700 hour Mahindra 7010 cab with loader on the local Deere dealers lot. It's obviously been used a little rough. I noticed a splice in the wiring underneath the tractor and the tires have some hunks out of them. It's pretty dirty inside too. I can buy new for around $34000 with loader. What do you think it's worth? I've let it sit for a few weeks so they should be ready to move it. Anyhting I should be looking at in particular that might be wrong with it?
I love that tractor and it's TYM-branded counterpart (the T700CAB)... but 700 hours of apparent abuse and not even cleaned up by the JD dealer has kind of got me confused. :confused: I think you've got to start by finding out what the JD dealer is asking for it and see if he is anywhere into the reasonable range. Either that, or start with a very low offer and work your way up if the dealer is receptive to negotiations. There is not a lot of data out there on asking prices or actual sale/auction prices on this particular model.

Dougster

/ Used 7010 value #3  
jwcinpk said:
I noticed a used 700 hour Mahindra 7010 cab with loader on the local Deere dealers lot. It's obviously been used a little rough. I noticed a splice in the wiring underneath the tractor and the tires have some hunks out of them. It's pretty dirty inside too. I can buy new for around $34000 with loader. What do you think it's worth?
I've let it sit for a few weeks so they should be ready to move it.
Anyhting I should be looking at in particular that might be wrong with it?

What does he want for it?

/ Used 7010 value #5  
He's probably afraid that if he cleans it up, it might show up all of the other tractors he's selling on his lot. :)

/ Used 7010 value #6  
I would start by looking that 7010 over real hard inside and out. Look for leaks anywhere and everywhere. Get the dealer to pull the side covers off the engine compartment so you can get a real good look. Check inside the cab for leaks under the steering column.
Check to see if the A/C and Heat work. If it has FEl raise/lower dump, check down pressure. Make sure the 4WD is engaging properly. Ask the JD dealer what the 7010 was traded in on.
See if they will allow you to speak to the previous owner. If so give him a call and see what he has to say about the tractor. Inquire about its service and any warranty issues he may have had.
Finally I would get the serial or vin# and contact Mahindra@ mahindrausa.com they will help you in anyway that they can I believe. And finally see if it has any warranty left and if it is transferable to you.
All that being said those 7010 tractors sound GREAT when you get the rpm's up a little, its my opinion they sound better than even the 7520.
I hope this helps.:)

/ Used 7010 value #7  
jwcinpk said:
They are asking $23750.
No telling how much room is in that price.
Be sure to check the production year and month... very easy to do on 10-series machines (I have posted it several times). Don't go by what the dealer says. More than half the time they are wrong. I know that operating hours and general condition are normally more important, but production date will affect value as well (not to mention powertrain warranty).

Dougster

/ Used 7010 value #8  
Scott from IN. said:
All that being said those 7010 tractors sound GREAT when you get the rpm's up a little, its my opinion they sound better than even the 7520.
I hope this helps.:)

I believe that the engines are the same, just a little tweaking to get that 75hp on the 7520. Maybe it's the cab.;)

/ Used 7010 value #9  
Date of sale to original purchaser is what matters when it comes down to warranty.

I'd suggest to do like mentioned above, get SN#, check with Mahindra about how much warranty time is left and see if they can tell you about any past warranty issues it's had that they might have on record.

/ Used 7010 value
Update:
This particular tractor is now for sale on ebay!
I've looked it over real good and I can tell you I don't agree with the sellers description of in immaculate condition. Don't get me wrong it's a nice tractor and probably nothing major wrong with it other than little things and being dirty.
I did notice that on all of the loader cylinders there is an O ring out of place (pushed down on the shiny silver of cylinder) and there has been some glass breakage that's repaired. Plus it's missing a mirror.
Still interested in it, but only if I can steal it!
Looks like it will be new or used by next week sometime!