Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Bronze Member Etch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    93
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3525

    Default Normal Operating Temp for a 3525?

    Just curious as to what temp you 25 series tractor owners are seeing. The green part of the gauge reads up to around 235 and there is a tick in the middle that reads 221. I'm usually running around 221 or just over.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Normal Operating Temp for a 3525?

    I'll be on it tomorrow and I'll let you know.

  3. #3
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    564
    Location
    NE Texas
    Tractor
    Mahindra 5005DI

    Default Re: Normal Operating Temp for a 3525?

    I don't know about late model stuff, my 5005 runs around 190 when I am really working it, and around 180 just tossing hay bales around. I am not a fan of any diesel engine running over 210 for any length of time. Sometimes I think those "green" areas on guages are there for looks. The temp guage on my 97 6.5TD chevy doesn't show red until 260 and I think that would be way after something melted and ran out the exhaust pipe.
    Can't do what I NEED to do for doing what I HAVE to do...WANT to do? what's that?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Normal Operating Temp for a 3525?

    Quote Originally Posted by Etch
    Just curious as to what temp you 25 series tractor owners are seeing. The green part of the gauge reads up to around 235 and there is a tick in the middle that reads 221. I'm usually running around 221 or just over.
    Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but I thought the 221 was at the end of the green part. My temp guage read about a 1/16th over the middle line. Well below the end of the green scale.

  5. #5
    Platinum Member xlr82v2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    698
    Location
    Southwestern Illinois
    Tractor
    2007 Mahindra 3525, 1952 Ford 8N

    Default Re: Normal Operating Temp for a 3525?

    Hey Etch, and others with a 3325/3525...

    How slow is first gear? Is it slow enough to use a rotary tiller with the tractor? On the 3325, how is the manual steering? Is it pretty light, or is it more heavy steering?

    I've got a 52 Ford 8N that I'm just about fed up with (for the past 6 years)... and the 3525 looks like just the ticket for me. I'm leaning toward the 3525 because of the hydraulics and power steering, but a 3325 would fill the bill for me also... except that I'd like to possibly add a fel down the road.

    I grew up on a dairy farm, and have been driving tractors since I was old enough to reach the pedals... and even though I don't work on the farm anymore, I know that this tractor will surprise most people with how much it will pull... 4wd helps, but isn't mandatory. I'll mostly be mowing my 5+ acres of grass, bushhogging the remainder, and then hauling firewood, skidding logs, plowing, etc... all the stuff you use a tractor for! :-)

  6. #6
    Bronze Member Etch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    93
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3525

    Default Re: Normal Operating Temp for a 3525?

    1st gear is pretty slow, so I don't think you'll have any problem tilling. The power steering is great and the wheel is super easy to turn. Not sure how it compares to the 3325 without power steering, but I'm glad I got the 3525. If you plan on adding a FEL, you should just go with the 3525. I was originally going to go with the 3325 until the dealer said it probably wouldn't handle a FEL.

    So far I'm loving the 3525. It has handled everything I've thrown at it so far. I've bush hogged about 8 acres or so, cut a 6ft wide drainage ditch, spread and leveled three 13 ton piles of top soil, cut a narrow ditch with my mid buster, resurfaced part of my gravel driveway, etc.

  7. #7
    Bronze Member Etch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    93
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3525

    Default Re: Normal Operating Temp for a 3525?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shemp
    Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but I thought the 221 was at the end of the green part. My temp guage read about a 1/16th over the middle line. Well below the end of the green scale.
    You know, maybe you're right. I was thinking the 221 was the break in the green area, but now that I look more closely at it, it does look like it is the top end of the green. That makes me feel better!! And usually I'm running around the same temp as you, just over that break in the green area.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Normal Operating Temp for a 3525?

    Hey Etch - did that cover come with your setup or was that something that you added on. I could kick myself in the "arse" for not getting a cover to block out the sun. I looked on the Mahindra site and don't see it offered anywhere.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Normal Operating Temp for a 3525?

    Quote Originally Posted by Etch
    1st gear is pretty slow, so I don't think you'll have any problem tilling. The power steering is great and the wheel is super easy to turn. Not sure how it compares to the 3325 without power steering, but I'm glad I got the 3525. If you plan on adding a FEL, you should just go with the 3525. I was originally going to go with the 3325 until the dealer said it probably wouldn't handle a FEL.

    So far I'm loving the 3525. It has handled everything I've thrown at it so far. I've bush hogged about 8 acres or so, cut a 6ft wide drainage ditch, spread and leveled three 13 ton piles of top soil, cut a narrow ditch with my mid buster, resurfaced part of my gravel driveway, etc.
    The way my dealer told me was that a FEL could not be added to the 3325 because it doesn't come with power steering. Didn't get into much detail as to why. I was actually looking at the 3325 but needed one with the FEL.

  10. #10
    Bronze Member Etch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    93
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3525

    Default Re: Normal Operating Temp for a 3525?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shemp
    Hey Etch - did that cover come with your setup or was that something that you added on. I could kick myself in the "arse" for not getting a cover to block out the sun. I looked on the Mahindra site and don't see it offered anywhere.
    It was an option. When I bought the tractor I asked if they had a canopy to add on. It was $350 I believe. It is definitely nice having and only becomes a problem when getting close to trees with low branches. The canopy is made of fiberglass if I'm not mistaken. It's a must have when cutting acres and acres of grass under the hot Texas sun in August.

    As for the 3325 and FEL, that is what the dealer told me as well. Probably too much weight in the front for you to be able to turn the wheels while carrying the FEL, not to mention the dirt/gravel in the bucket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.