4110 implement sizing.

/ 4110 implement sizing. #1  

jeff77indy

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 4110 Mahindra w/ M112 loader and Kubota B2910 w/ loader.
For those of you with a 4110 or similar sized CUT. What size wheel (lift) disc can we pull? 6 1/2 and 7 footers are few and far between. I'm thinking maybe an 8 footer and if it does not work out re work it into a managable size.
I have a 6 1/2 foot 3 pt disc but a wheel disc does a better job on finish for seeding hayfields which wil be my next major project.
Jeff

/ 4110 implement sizing. #2  
jeff77indy said:
For those of you with a 4110 or similar sized CUT. What size wheel (lift) disc can we pull? 6 1/2 and 7 footers are few and far between. I'm thinking maybe an 8 footer and if it does not work out re work it into a managable size. I have a 6 1/2 foot 3 pt disc but a wheel disc does a better job on finish for seeding hayfields which wil be my next major project.
Jeff
Can't help you out Jeff since everything I've bought or plan to buy is 6' for ease of trailer transport.

Dougster

/ 4110 implement sizing. #3  
The 4110 will easily pull an 8 foot wheel disk. I've used 6 1/2 ft and 6 ft 3PT lift disks on mine, and they pull them with ease. The 6 1/2 ft was my late father-in-law's Massey disk, which is VERY heavy duty, the 6 ft is a Ford Series E Lift Disk. I bought it at a bargain price of $150.

/ 4110 implement sizing.
Thanks for the replies.
I guess I'll be on the lookout for a 8 ft wheel disc for field work but keep my 3 pt 6 1/2 ft disc for garden and yard work.
I plan on hauling the 4110 to a tire shop that a friend owns and have tubes and fluid put into the rear tires later this year. That will make a difference in loader and tillage work.
Jeff

/ 4110 implement sizing. #5  
jeff77indy said:
Thanks for the replies.
I guess I'll be on the lookout for a 8 ft wheel disc for field work but keep my 3 pt 6 1/2 ft disc for garden and yard work.
I plan on hauling the 4110 to a tire shop that a friend owns and have tubes and fluid put into the rear tires later this year. That will make a difference in loader and tillage work.
Jeff
Jeff,
When you get the tubes, think about having a 3 inch diameter pipe, the length of the vavle stem, welded around the valve stem. I had a dry pine branch catch my valve stem on my rear wheel and shear it off while working brush piles. I bought galvanized pipe nipples and cut them out to fit the radius of the rim and the tire shop welded it on. The tube I had replaced was $50. A little prevention went a long way!
hugs, Brandi