Oil & Fuel Time for the 4110 Oil Change

/ Time for the 4110 Oil Change #11  
jeff77indy said:
I'm getting close to the 50 hr. service on my 4110.
Does anyone have an NAPA P/N for the spin on hydraulic filter on the newer 4110's, or am I stuck with a dealer only part? Not sure if my dealer is even still in buisness.
Jeff
Here is the Wix Filter look up website WIX Filters : Filter Look-Up=
They make filters for NAPA

Here is some numbers to save you time:

PART....................................... WIX Part #.............................. NAPA Part #
Fuel Filter....................................... 33263 .....................................3263
Hydraulic Filter (spin on).....................51621 .....................................1621
Oil Filter.......................................... 51381...................................... 1381

Call your dealer before you buy, you would be surprised how competive in price they are !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
   / Time for the 4110 Oil Change #12  
Thanks for all the input.
I'll see if my dealer is still going and get what filters I can from them, while it's still under warranty.
I'll check what hyd. fluid I have and any I buy for the TH-500 spec. and use Rotella 15-30, it's worked well for me in my Dodge CTD's.
Jeff

/ Time for the 4110 Oil Change #13  
Hi all

two questions for the gang here

First oil change is 50 hr. When is second change?

How do you know if oil is diesel-grade? Last oil I bought was Rotella bought at Tractor Supply. It was 10-40 I believe and said heavy duty I think. I just assumed since oil was with all the other equipment fluids that it was the right stuff. Oil was in 1 gal jug. I'm gonna have to check that oil.

Cheers....Coffeeman

/ Time for the 4110 Oil Change #14  
hi coffeeman diesel engine oil usually states on the container that it is for diesel. . . Also look for the API Service donut u want to see CF grade. Ed

/ Time for the 4110 Oil Change #15  
Red55 said:
hi coffeeman diesel engine oil usually states on the container that it is for diesel. . . Also look for the API Service donut u want to see CF grade. Ed
Shell Oil Co. has a club for diesels that go 1 million miles and can be confirmed that Rotella was used since the first oil change.:cool: Rotella 15-40 is in all my engines except my 2 cycles. Even my gear boxes run Rotella Gear Oil.
hugs, Brandi

/ Time for the 4110 Oil Change #16  
coffeeman said:
Hi all

two questions for the gang here

First oil change is 50 hr. When is second change?

How do you know if oil is diesel-grade? Last oil I bought was Rotella bought at Tractor Supply. It was 10-40 I believe and said heavy duty I think. I just assumed since oil was with all the other equipment fluids that it was the right stuff. Oil was in 1 gal jug. I'm gonna have to check that oil.

Cheers....Coffeeman
Coffeeman
After 50 hr (First change) my manual for the 4110 says "change every 100 hrs", Example: 150 hrs, 250 hrs, 350 hrs, etc. etc.etc.
I have gone less hrs, but never more than 100 hrs

Double check your bottle, it will say for diesel engines, API Service CI-4, CH-4,CG-4, CF/SL, SJ on bottle. If it don't ? you are due for an oil change.

/ Time for the 4110 Oil Change
A handy way to keep up with your hours for oil changes is to write the hours when the oil was changed on your oil filter with a Sharpie.