Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 4110

Default Time for the 4110 Oil Change

It's time to change oil in my 4110. Last time I used a Puralator Pure One PL14619 filter and Pennzoil 10W30 oil. I've always had good luck with Pennzoil.

What's the current prevailing wisdom here on the oil and filter issue? I know all filters and oils are not created equal.
    Mahindra 4110 w/ FEL, Dearborn 10-152 12" plow, Ford LIFT E Disk, 1 row cultivator, PHD, 6' Box Blade

Tractor
    Mahindra 2810HST

Default Re: Time for the 4110 Oil Change

On my 2810HST, I use the factory filter and Rotella 5w-40 syn oil. I had initially looked and found a filter that would fit but, couldn't cross-reference it exactly so, back to the factory filter. I only change it every 100 hours and its readily available. I had tried 15w-40 oil on an early oil change one winter, it flowed like cold molasses.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2004 Mahindra 4110 w/509 BH

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_B
    It's time to change oil in my 4110. Last time I used a Puralator Pure One PL14619 filter and Pennzoil 10W30 oil. I've always had good luck with Pennzoil. What's the current prevailing wisdom here on the oil and filter issue? I know all filters and oils are not created equal.
    Not sure about prevailing wisdom, but I use the factory filter and whatever recognizable name brand, diesel-grade, non-synthetic or blend, 10W30 is on sale that week. Sorry... just no class or pressing lubricant brand loyalty here.

Dougster

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 4110

Quote Originally Posted by Dougster
    Not sure about prevailing wisdom, but I use the factory filter and whatever recognizable name brand, diesel-grade, non-synthetic or blend, 10W30 is on sale that week. Sorry... just no class or pressing lubricant brand loyalty here.

Dougster
    After reading about the gasket problems on the Mahindra filters after I purchased my tractor I opted to go for an off-the-shelf oil filter.
    Mahindra 4110 w/ FEL, Dearborn 10-152 12" plow, Ford LIFT E Disk, 1 row cultivator, PHD, 6' Box Blade

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_B
    After reading about the gasket problems on the Mahindra filters after I purchased my tractor I opted to go for an off-the-shelf oil filter.
    Supposedly, that issue was resolved l-o-n-g ago... no???

Dougster

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2001 Mahindra 4110

The first 2 changes I used the factory filter and then have used the NAPA (Wix) filter since with no problems with either one. Your winter weather is probably very similar to mine, I've had no problems with 15w-40 Rotella, have started many times in the 10 degree range. Be absolutely sure that the oil you are using is not automotive oil but rated for diesel engines !! I didn't know Pennzoil had a diesel oil out.
    2001 Mahindra 4110, FEL w/5' & 6' QA buckets & forks for the 5', 6' Atlas boxblade, older 6' Howse rotary, Leinbach 7300 PHD w/9" & 12", MF 2/3 bottom plow, 20"x6' bog disc, KK subsoiler, KK middlebuster, Kubota BL60C 5' tiller, Maschio 6' finish mower.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 4110

Quote Originally Posted by skipmarcy
    I've had no problems with 15w-40 Rotella, have started many times in the 10 degree range.
    I picked up the Rotella 15w-40 this evening. There wasn't much selection in diesel grade oil at the Walmart I stopped at this evening.

Tractor
    2007 4110 Mahindra w/ R-4's, M112 loader with qa, 6ft bucket and home built pallet forks.

I'm getting close to the 50 hr. service on my 4110.
    Does anyone have an NAPA P/N for the spin on hydraulic filter on the newer 4110's, or am I stuck with a dealer only part? Not sure if my dealer is even still in buisness.
    Also how does the TSC or Rotella (sold at Walmart) hydro/trans fluid stack up with factory specs?
    Jeff

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by jeff77indy
    I'm getting close to the 50 hr. service on my 4110.
    Does anyone have an NAPA P/N for the spin on hydraulic filter on the newer 4110's, or am I stuck with a dealer only part? Not sure if my dealer is even still in buisness.
    I'm sure someone else here can give you the NAPA part number, but if you decide to stick with factory while under warranty, any of the excellent Mahindra dealers here in TBN would be happy to send you a nice little CARE package of filters.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff77indy
    Also how does the TSC or Rotella (sold at Walmart) hydro/trans fluid stack up with factory specs?
    Jeff
    I'm asking myself the very same question... specifically about TSC's own branded product. It appears to meet all of the well-known & popular manufacturer's standards... but fails to talk in any way about industry standards... making comparison to the "approved" name brands & types an "indirect-only" kind of exercise.

If anyone has a good technical comparison of TSC's product to the approved name brands & types, I'd love to see it!

Dougster

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 4110

I got a can of the SuperTech brand Hy-Trans from Walmart, it had the same specs that the Massey brand Hy-Trans I bought from my dealer had. For the 4110 you are looking for the TH 500 grade on the labeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast