Oil & Fuel Time for the 4110 Oil Change

/ Time for the 4110 Oil Change #1  

Keith_B

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4110
It's time to change oil in my 4110. Last time I used a Puralator Pure One PL14619 filter and Pennzoil 10W30 oil. I've always had good luck with Pennzoil.

What's the current prevailing wisdom here on the oil and filter issue? I know all filters and oils are not created equal.

/ Time for the 4110 Oil Change #2  
On my 2810HST, I use the factory filter and Rotella 5w-40 syn oil. I had initially looked and found a filter that would fit but, couldn't cross-reference it exactly so, back to the factory filter. I only change it every 100 hours and its readily available. I had tried 15w-40 oil on an early oil change one winter, it flowed like cold molasses.

/ Time for the 4110 Oil Change #3  
Keith_B said:
It's time to change oil in my 4110. Last time I used a Puralator Pure One PL14619 filter and Pennzoil 10W30 oil. I've always had good luck with Pennzoil. What's the current prevailing wisdom here on the oil and filter issue? I know all filters and oils are not created equal.
Not sure about prevailing wisdom, but I use the factory filter and whatever recognizable name brand, diesel-grade, non-synthetic or blend, 10W30 is on sale that week. :eek: Sorry... just no class or pressing lubricant brand loyalty here. :cool:

Dougster

/ Time for the 4110 Oil Change
Dougster said:
Not sure about prevailing wisdom, but I use the factory filter and whatever recognizable name brand, diesel-grade, non-synthetic or blend, 10W30 is on sale that week. :eek: Sorry... just no class or pressing lubricant brand loyalty here. :cool:

Dougster

After reading about the gasket problems on the Mahindra filters after I purchased my tractor I opted to go for an off-the-shelf oil filter.

/ Time for the 4110 Oil Change #5  
Keith_B said:
After reading about the gasket problems on the Mahindra filters after I purchased my tractor I opted to go for an off-the-shelf oil filter.
Supposedly, that issue was resolved l-o-n-g ago... no??? :confused:

Dougster

/ Time for the 4110 Oil Change #6  
The first 2 changes I used the factory filter and then have used the NAPA (Wix) filter since with no problems with either one. Your winter weather is probably very similar to mine, I've had no problems with 15w-40 Rotella, have started many times in the 10 degree range. Be absolutely sure that the oil you are using is not automotive oil but rated for diesel engines !! I didn't know Pennzoil had a diesel oil out.

skipmarcy said:
I've had no problems with 15w-40 Rotella, have started many times in the 10 degree range.

I picked up the Rotella 15w-40 this evening. There wasn't much selection in diesel grade oil at the Walmart I stopped at this evening.

/ Time for the 4110 Oil Change #8  
I'm getting close to the 50 hr. service on my 4110.
Does anyone have an NAPA P/N for the spin on hydraulic filter on the newer 4110's, or am I stuck with a dealer only part? Not sure if my dealer is even still in buisness.
Also how does the TSC or Rotella (sold at Walmart) hydro/trans fluid stack up with factory specs?
Jeff

/ Time for the 4110 Oil Change #9  
jeff77indy said:
I'm getting close to the 50 hr. service on my 4110.
Does anyone have an NAPA P/N for the spin on hydraulic filter on the newer 4110's, or am I stuck with a dealer only part? Not sure if my dealer is even still in buisness.
I'm sure someone else here can give you the NAPA part number, but if you decide to stick with factory while under warranty, any of the excellent Mahindra dealers here in TBN would be happy to send you a nice little CARE package of filters. :)
jeff77indy said:
Also how does the TSC or Rotella (sold at Walmart) hydro/trans fluid stack up with factory specs?
Jeff
I'm asking myself the very same question... specifically about TSC's own branded product. It appears to meet all of the well-known & popular manufacturer's standards... but fails to talk in any way about industry standards... making comparison to the "approved" name brands & types an "indirect-only" kind of exercise. :rolleyes:

If anyone has a good technical comparison of TSC's product to the approved name brands & types, I'd love to see it! :)

Dougster

I got a can of the SuperTech brand Hy-Trans from Walmart, it had the same specs that the Massey brand Hy-Trans I bought from my dealer had. For the 4110 you are looking for the TH 500 grade on the labeling.