50 Hour service

/ 50 Hour service #1  

Mike in La.

Tractor
6500 4x4 FEL
It's time for the 50 hour service on my 65004WD. Dealer told me to use Dexron III for power steering. Does everyone agree with this? What should I use for transmission and front differential? Will the stuff that Wal Mart and Tractor supply sells work? Any advice from anyone that has performed this service on their machine?

/ 50 Hour service #2  
Mike in La. said:
It's time for the 50 hour service on my 65004WD. Dealer told me to use Dexron III for power steering. Does everyone agree with this? What should I use for transmission and front differential? Will the stuff that Wal Mart and Tractor supply sells work? Any advice from anyone that has performed this service on their machine?

Trans/front diff is 80W-90 gear oil, but I don't think you need to change it at 50...I changed mine at 200hours. The hyd sump is separate frrom the trans in the 00 series tractors....As far as the front, you need to change the planetary gear oil as well...(hubs) as well as the diff. they hold about a qt. I've changed the planetary, but not the front diff as I don't use the 4WD much at all...very seldom as the weight of the machine allows the rears to do a whole bunch without help..Sorry I can't be more help but its still early, I'm lazy today and don't want to go hunt the manual...You got a manual???You may want to order a Service and Parts Manual as well. BobG in VA

/ 50 Hour service #3  
Hi Mike; in this same Mahindra forum, do a search back several months for key words "did my own 50 hr service". I did a comprehensive write-up for this on my machine (3215) including fluids used, time spent, and all the details. Most of it should apply to your tractor also.....